When Are We Going to Stop Pretending This Isn't In Beta

General Feedback
Honestly?

MM issues that haven't been fixed since Alpha, and have only gotten worse over time

Reconnect system that is completely incompatible with the type of game, and typically prevents you from getting into the game before it's over entirely, begging the point of why it's there in the first place

Lacking options like being able to click through UI so it doesn't stop you from running back to your base

Remember those Heroes we made trash back in Beta because they were severely overpowered? Well, we're going to let them simmer at 30% win rate for a while while we release new Heroes that take the place of 2-3 of the older Heroes each

While we're at it, we're going to release a map on the wrong build, breaking the main map objective, and then not hotfix it for a while. How about you just deal with that while trying to have some competitive games?

But I mean, all of these issues are fine as long as we're getting you to pay for more heroes (who release with more bugs every time... at least 14 accounted bugs on Rexxar, you're kidding right?) and skins right?

Blizzard's a AAA game-producing company, and yet this game has a track record of Amateur Hour at your local Steam Greenlight.

How about we just stop pretending this is actually a game and go back to Beta status so it doesn't look like such an incompetent mess.

*ends rant; continues slapping face against MM system hoping for a half-decent game*
One look at the UI should tell us it's a beta, pretty sad state for a release even if it is FTP.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo This is "Preseason"! There is a difference.
ive started playing this game in october when it was in alpha and guess what:

MATCHMAKING IS EXACTLY THE SAME, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, A BIG !@#$ YOU TO BLIZZARD
Haaaa HAA HAHAHAHA

Like the devs or anyone... and I mean anyone even looks at these forums

I've gotten more feedback from crooks running pyramid schemes, to the Pope than the mongoloids running HoTS.

But wait...NEW SALE WEEK! HURRAY!!!! (please dont complain anymore)
What if i tell you even LoL is in beta, according from your prospective?

They're constantly adding new champs, they recently updated the map/hud/old champs, they are also adding/removing/reworking items.

Gosh, must be harsh to be in beta for 6 years.

Also, seen from the posts above, i wonder why there is no communication, all i can read on forum and whining, trolling and asking for a blue post to insult, i still wonder why Blizzard listens to community, following what people asks, if theese people gonna cry whatever they do.

Once i was wandering why Riot was adapting their patches on pro-players feedback, thinking it was utter crap thinking. Now that i saw what happens here i have my answer. At least pros try to improve the game, not cry about everything.
09/16/2015 02:45 AMPosted by Larsozzo
What if i tell you even LoL is in beta, according from your prospective?

They're constantly adding new champs, they recently updated the map/hud/old champs, they are also adding/removing/reworking items.

I never mentioned adding new content was a mark of being in beta. I mentioned that the way they are adding in content is unprofessional, especially in the way they fix their mistakes. The obvious way that they have no idea what they're doing is what marks the game as beta.

Also, seen from the posts above, i wonder why there is no communication, all i can read on forum and whining, trolling and asking for a blue post to insult, i still wonder why Blizzard listens to community, following what people asks, if theese people gonna cry whatever they do.

I never asked for a blue post to insult. The least they could do, however, is reply to the posts that have actual merit. There are suggestions, feedback, just general silly posts with 100+ "likes" and for some reason the latest blue post I saw was simply on a guy complaining that he thought there was a bug with the HL changes (which was completely wrong). It was the first in about a month and a half.

At least pros try to improve the game, not cry about everything.

Are you telling me that

Improving the Reconnect System
Improving UI options
Focusing balancing heroes that were overnerfed
Taking the time to make sure problems are hotfixed in a timely manner
Taking more time to test heroes for bugs

Are not ways to improve the game? I wonder what your ideas for improvement would be? Add 100 more insanely bugged heroes? Add a few more maps with bugged objectives? Leave the imbalance hanging for a few months but be satisfied because you got a ton of content?

Pros care about the game more because they make money off of it, yes. But anybody that decides to put cash into the game and wants to play it on a regular basis without having to deal with the trash heap that it is now also wants improvement.
It's pretty obvious the suits forced this out the door before it was ready but; to be fair, the developers have been working on this for around five years or so. Plenty of time to get it to release state.
09/16/2015 02:52 PMPosted by Metro
It's pretty obvious the suits forced this out the door before it was ready but; to be fair, the developers have been working on this for around five years or so. Plenty of time to get it to release state.

Not to blizzard standards.

"Development on Diablo III began in 2001"

"On May 9, 2011 Blizzard announced that Diablo III was expected to be released for external beta testing in Q3 of 2011."

Release date: May 15, 2012

And Diablo 3 only became good on the with Reaper of Souls (25 March 2014).
Almost positive work on D3 stopped multiple times in the interim. Specifically when they got rid of most of Blizzard North (some who went on to found Runic games and produce the Torchlight series).
What's funny is if I rage quit a ranked match and am forced to play 3-4 Quick Match games, I'm actually getting a better team/match ups through the 'punishment' system than I am through the MM for ranked. It's really weird.
We aren't pretending. Its a fact that the game is not in beta. Whether you want to accept that fact or just rage pointlessly about nothing, is another matter entirely.

09/16/2015 02:59 PMPosted by Morradine
"Development on Diablo III began in 2001"

"On May 9, 2011 Blizzard announced that Diablo III was expected to be released for external beta testing in Q3 of 2011."

Release date: May 15, 2012

The work on Diablo III was completely scrapped after ~2006-07. The work from 2001-06 basically has nothing to do with the final game. Diablo III was also a much larger game and was designed from scratch. Whereas Heroes is built of the SC2 engine. Your comparison is incredibly faulty.

09/16/2015 02:52 PMPosted by Metro
It's pretty obvious the suits forced this out the door before it was ready

No one forced them to release it. Heroes was released because it was in a state that the development team felt was ready for release. Nothing more, nothing less.

There was really nothing to be gained by keeping it in beta anyway.

09/15/2015 07:31 PMPosted by GuttedSwine
ive started playing this game in october when it was in alpha and guess what:

MATCHMAKING IS EXACTLY THE SAME, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, A BIG !@#$ YOU TO BLIZZARD

They've actually made a number of improvements over that time span. Because it doesn't suddenly crown you King of Heroes of the Storm because of your glorious and self-evident skill doesn't mean they haven't made improvements.
Does it really matter if they slap a beta tag on it or now? The difference between beta and release is literally a sticker claiming which one it is. If slapping a sticker on it makes you fell better...
Soz, people have already left this game in droves because it's actually in a worse state than it was in during alpha. That includes myself and the 6 or 7 friends i regularly played with back in the day.

Rage all you want, it's hilarious how people in this thread seem to somehow think if they get mad at people legitimately voicing their concerns that the people who already quit the game because they can't be !@#$ed any more, will actually come back.

Feel that? It's your queue times getting longer and longer lol. Umad?
I never mentioned adding new content was a mark of being in beta. I mentioned that the way they are adding in content is unprofessional, especially in the way they fix their mistakes. The obvious way that they have no idea what they're doing is what marks the game as beta.

So, they're still adding and fixing content, in a different way than you intend = beta?

I never asked for a blue post to insult. The least they could do, however, is reply to the posts that have actual merit. There are suggestions, feedback, just general silly posts with 100+ "likes" and for some reason the latest blue post I saw was simply on a guy complaining that he thought there was a bug with the HL changes (which was completely wrong). It was the first in about a month and a half.

The few blue posts that have been on this forum were all covered by s**t throwed by people complaining even if they broke a nail when playing the game, the amount of trolls here is absurd to take a feedback seriously.

Sadly most of the "+100 posts" are covered by threads with 0 answeres cause they are all about the same thing, instead of making a big discussion, way more noticable they prefer to open their thread, even more than once per day, just to point a thing that has been already pointed in 200 other posts, in the same day, on the same page. Of course the good threads are buried into the dirt. What's the point of reading something from someone who is only able to jump away from the others, saying the same thing but screaming "my problem is way bigger", instead of building up a discussion?

Are you telling me that

Improving the Reconnect System
Improving UI options
Focusing balancing heroes that were overnerfed
Taking the time to make sure problems are hotfixed in a timely manner
Taking more time to test heroes for bugs

Are not ways to improve the game? I wonder what your ideas for improvement would be? Add 100 more insanely bugged heroes? Add a few more maps with bugged objectives? Leave the imbalance hanging for a few months but be satisfied because you got a ton of content?

Pros care about the game more because they make money off of it, yes. But anybody that decides to put cash into the game and wants to play it on a regular basis without having to deal with the trash heap that it is now also wants improvement.

If you read the forum all you can see are:
50 threads about matchmaking
-15 saying "it sucks" as feedback (really useful)
-15 "stop matcking me with noob" (really useful)
-15 "just improve it" (really useful)
-5 just says "matchmaking has been bad for X reason" or "queuing as 4 was breaking the matchmaking" or "rank 1 and new account lvl 30 and in placement shouldn't play togheter their ranks" are just buried under all that very useful feedback.

Most of the hero feedback i saw here on the feedback (not on the proper hero feedback section) are "nova+zeratul are too powerful with that stealth" or "X hero sucks, please remove/rework him" or even "i think X must be taken down until it is fixed". Really helpful feedback, helps the game improving.

No one ever remembers when they said "fixing reconnect system will take a lot of time, basically have to remake the core of the game" and if i'm correct in an interview they even said that Starcraft 2 engine wasn't the best for this game.

The PTR is out here to test heroes for bugs, but happens same as LoL PTR, everyone goes there to play the hero before it comes out, the ones who goes there to give feedback are really a minority.

___

I'm not saying Blizzard is doing what they should as they have to do, all i say is they're trying to fix the game to have happy customers, but if they asks us for a feedback, why are we responding in the way this forum does? Maybe some real feedback may be listened and fixed in a proper way, but if they asks for our help we must help, we must try to find a reason why X is broken for us, and explain, not just throw it away in anger.
Blizzard is a newbie on moba games, they are trying to work of same way than wow (release a ton of bugs and resolve with 1000 patches), repetition like starcraft... and an awful matchmaking.

No one forced them to release it. Heroes was released because it was in a state that the development team felt was ready for release. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's just denial.