Hey Blizzard. Your pathing is beyond bad

General Feedback
I would link a replay...BUT IT'S BROKEN.

Anyways

Two games, two stupid pathing errors and other anomalies that shouldnt exist in a finished game. Like Thrall being pushed on top of a throne in Sky Temple, untargetable by any spell or skill shot. Or playing as Sonya, going to leap ult out of a sticky situation over a wall, circle over wall says I'm going to make it, hit ult, and I hit the wall then spring backwards into their base

Also, clipping walls is like a 3000% slow. Reduce collisions on allies. Nothing worse than a fellow teammate or ai body blocking you. Even worse is if its your fellow boss.

Oh and general pathing. I love it when my hero decides ring around the fountain is the fastest way to a team fight
09/01/2015 10:32 PMPosted by Foosha
I would link a replay...BUT IT'S BROKEN.

Anyways

Two games, two stupid pathing errors and other anomalies that shouldnt exist in a finished game. Like Thrall being pushed on top of a throne in Sky Temple, untargetable by any spell or skill shot. Or playing as Sonya, going to leap ult out of a sticky situation over a wall, circle over wall says I'm going to make it, hit ult, and I hit the wall then spring backwards into their base

Also, clipping walls is like a 3000% slow. Reduce collisions on allies. Nothing worse than a fellow teammate or ai body blocking you. Even worse is if its your fellow boss.

Oh and general pathing. I love it when my hero decides ring around the fountain is the fastest way to a team fight

"Nothing worse than a fellow teammate or ai body blocking you"

You cry like a pair of phase boots could help you.
Agreed, pathing should be less smart but it's been like this for ages now

Works for SC2, that's the problem, the game's designed basically in a different game (engine inherrited)
click closer to your hero or hold down the right mouse button ?

/solved

Every. Damn. Time.
I can never understand why the pathing isn't like Warcraft 3.

I mean, how could Blizz regress in this area? Shameful.
09/02/2015 10:13 AMPosted by Diablo
I can never understand why the pathing isn't like Warcraft 3.

I mean, how could Blizz regress in this area? Shameful.

lol, you think pathing was good in wc3 ?, it was really terrible, perhaps not for controlling a single unit but was really terrible for controlling large armies, sc2 pathing is much more superior, problem is that in this game we don't need sc2 pathing, but we need less "smart" pathing, i.e. make it dumber a bit without so much "early direction ai guessing"
Just had a game where a regen globe from Gardens of Terror landed in unreachable terrain. Every game it seems there's an issue. How is that even possible?

WOOOSH
-------------> Game developing
O
/[ ]\
.i i <----------Blizzard
I have yet to see one professional complain about pathing. I have checked many resources. Some ideas that may help

- Maybe click closer to your name, micro - shift click your own path ?

- Pull the boss away from structure, so health globe safely spawns ?
09/03/2015 06:45 AMPosted by Khrone
I have yet to see one professional complain about pathing. I have checked many resources. Some ideas that may help

- Maybe click closer to your name, micro - shift click your own path ?

- Pull the boss away from structure, so health globe safely spawns ?

I just looked at your post history man. Wowza. Blizzard HOTS shilling on their dedicated forums. My oh my. Dedication! Are you a dev in hiding, or what?

Anyways, your last response is hilarious. Are you saying during a teamfight, with no voice communication, we are supposed to "kite" the boss away from any weird obstructions (absolutely impossible for terror gardens) so the health globe, and possible seed is able to drop safely? Blizzard can do no wrong apparently. And this is apparently a L2P issue. Holy crap. I don't even shill this hard for games I like, and even recognize the bad. Per the case of Halo or something.

"I have yet to see one professional complain about pathing."

Logical fallacy. Just because a pro doesnt voice concern, doesn't mean there's something wrong. We all know what's wrong with football or soccer, yet very few "pros" voice concern over such issues. It doesnt take a genius to realize that wall clipping, pathing quirks, globe and other things dropping/heroes entering unreachable grounds are pathing errors.
I'm bumping this. It needs to be addressed.
Click more frequently and closer to your hero.

If you are getting junked by pathing it is because your skill level is low.
09/07/2015 03:16 AMPosted by RockJohnAxe
Click more frequently and closer to your hero.

If you are getting junked by pathing it is because your skill level is low.

If you think that playing around a flaw of the game is better then fixing the flaw, I will refrain from insulting you with the truth.
09/02/2015 07:17 AMPosted by Khrone
click closer to your hero or hold down the right mouse button ?

/solved

And attack random mob or enemy.. A ton of issues comes from this way of playing. :D
A "force movement" button like in Diablo would be nice, too.
The thing that annoys me most is when I click somewhere in front/below me and my character quite actually goes back the way he was coming for half a second before going the right way. Happens all the time.

I always get out of the way when i see a team mate trying to run, so it's a matter of scrub allies learning how to play. If the allies are too retarded to get out of the way when needed then they have to lose the game because their idiocy shouldn't be rewarded.
There are some issues with it that certainly could be improved. Structure pathing can be problematic unless you click closer. It would be nice if the pathing would go in the direction you're running rather than turn around back to an enemy while trying to escape. Not sure how that could be accounted for in AI because some people may want to go the other way.

The one that bothers me the most is the UI interference issue with pathing. I usually hold right-mouse down while moving the mouse to guide my character. At times, I think the UI elements are causing an interference issue that completely stops my hero while mouse dragging.
09/08/2015 01:18 PMPosted by OrganGrinder

I always get out of the way when i see a team mate trying to run, so it's a matter of scrub allies learning how to play. If the allies are too retarded to get out of the way when needed then they have to lose the game because their idiocy shouldn't be rewarded.

Bodyblocking is probably lowest on my problems, but it needs to be addressed somewhat. I think one of the major reasons Diablo isnt doing well is his issue with bodyblocking fellow melee heroes during teammfights. It also might be hitboxes as well. I've seen some funky stuff with that, especially on Battlefield for Eternity

Bump anyways. Needs to be addressed
Dude... dude! Have you ever played Baldur's Gate? Or Icewind Dale? Or Neverwinter Nights 2? HOLY S**T the pathing is beyond words. Games that almost make you smash your keyboard into the monitor.

After training myself with those game, HotS is small potatoes when it comes to pathing.