ANZ Royal Rumble 2.0

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Hey there guys,

After the great success of the first ANZ Royal Rumble I have decided to create another one for the ANZ community!

The event will begin 3 October 10 AM AEST

The tournament will work as follows -

Players will sign up alone, and then be placed in a team based on their skill level, I will try to create the teams so that the range of skill level is as high as possible in each team, this will make it so that the higher skill players an share their experience and knowledge with the new or less skilled players.

The tournament will run a double elimination format, with all games being bo1 except the final game which will be bo3.

The game drafts will be done using http://heroesdraft.com/ and using 2 bans per team, the maps will be chosen via 'Random Map'.

Each team will be assigned a captain, they will then be added by the admins if their game is going to be streamed/shoutcasted.

There are no prizes for this event at this time, I will ask Blizzard again if they could kindly give out skins to the winning team, but the main reason for this tournament is for every player in the ANZ community to have the chance at playing in a competitive environment.

The event will be streamed live on the day, will sort this out in the near future and will let everyone know where it will be streamed.

If you have any questions either reply to this forum post or add me in game Morton#1373 , always happy to answer questions :)
I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud Morton for the fine work he does for the AUS/NZ HotS community.

If I had to pick the best rank 1 OCE it would be Morton.
The first Royal Rumble was incredibly entertaining, both as a participant and an audience member.
Really looking forward to seeing what the 2.0 format brings.
Big thanks to Morton for pulling this together.
Looks to be a good one again.

My only concern would be it is AFL Grand Final day. Don't know how many footy fans there are though, So it might not matter.
nice maaaaaates
09/12/2015 06:40 PMPosted by HappyRage

My only concern would be it is AFL Grand Final day. Don't know how many footy fans there are though, So it might not matter.

Yeah Adelaide haven't won a premiership since 1998 so I might have to sit this Rumble out. :(
I'm just wondering when sign-ups close because I can't make a decision about whether I can compete or not yet because I have no idea what is happening then or if I'm going to be busy. Good Luck on your tournament anyway!
09/13/2015 02:22 AMPosted by robadobah
09/12/2015 06:40 PMPosted by HappyRage

Yeah Adelaide haven't won a premiership since 1998 so I might have to sit this Rumble out. :(

Freo's year mate. We !@#$ atm and still winning. :)
09/13/2015 02:57 AMPosted by Hamyuiop
I'm just wondering when sign-ups close because I can't make a decision about whether I can compete or not yet because I have no idea what is happening then or if I'm going to be busy. Good Luck on your tournament anyway!

If you want to be in a team you just need to sign up before 8pm AEST 2 October. Otherwise I can have you down as a sub
There will be skins for the winning team.

I am also looking into giving out spot prizes to viewers and participants of the event.
Ah damn I have some assignments due the week it starts. Wish i could join.
09/14/2015 10:14 PMPosted by Slerath
Ah damn I have some assignments due the week it starts. Wish i could join.

All good, there will be more in the future :)
One can only dream for that skin.
Is there any way to get the upcoming tournament posts stickied?
Monthly Brawls, Royal Rumble, etc
Might make it easier for the community to discover & grow these events

-Morton's biggest fan
Hi Morton,

Appreciate the effort, this is my first time looking into this kind of thing. Is there a minimum requirement for number of heroes owned?
Hey Yablet, realistically you need enough heroes to do a full draft. Technically you'll need 14 in case every single one of your other heroes are taken, which I can almost guarantee will never happen.
A hero pool of at least 10 should do you but of course is not the best. Anyway I'm also new to this but have looking around the forums for a bit. Hope this is helpful xD
Just signed up but I didn't receive any new skins? Pls help Morton
I am not liking the discrimination against people who work on Saturdays.
Can we get a sticky for this. Blizzard fourms litearlly unplayable
Morton...

I would love to be involved in this however I fear that I would be a burden to the team.

There is nothing worse then realising that you are out of your depth.

I am currently level 40 but I have been as low as 32 and I have played 700+ games.

Any hope of putting together a team or two of try hards that will not be a burden to better players?

Cheers