[Linux] freezes with Li Ming

Technical Support
1 2 3 6 Next
Im playing on linux and my client freezes when i play with Li Ming. i want to play. why can't you guys support Linux better. Ubuntu. my windows OS crashed and got stuck in a repair loop, then i got out of it but it still would not start gave me a different error after. so now i am using ubuntu. now i cant play because of Li Ming.. and i just bought her.. this is retarded.
I'm running into the same issue but this is kinda the wrong place to ask for help.
The winehq.org forums would be more appropriate since Blizzard doesn't officially support Linux as a client.
To follow up, I didn't notice that my game settings were set to extreme and while this issue doesn't present itself with other heroes turning my graphics down to medium fixed the issue.
I spoke too soon, it worked for a little longer then before but still freezes eventually.
Hmnn I was having crashes and attributed the issue to the Lunar festival screen.

So anyone who ends in this thread I ask:
- Does the crash happen when Lin Ming is not the game? (I have been unable to test so far)
- Does the crash happen when the match doesn't trigger the Lunar Festival screen (same).
I would say it's not Li Ming because I used Try mode and the freeze doesn't occur.

I really think it's the Lunar festival thing, this would explain why you thought reducing graphics settings worked.
It's not the Lunar Festival either? I thought of doing a training match and it still happens.
I have the same problem. This is related to something in the new patch 16.0.40431. The game was running fine on linux before that update.
Same issue for me Wine 1.8. Game loads and maps load then freeze. VS AI, QM, doesn't matter.
If Try mode works and the other game modes don't, I wonder what exactly is the issue.

My brother points out that cores now have a shield effect that could be the culprit.
Now try mode freezes as well. This is getting ridiculous.
Try mode dosent work here either. This patch is said to fix some problems with windows and mac users.... maybe it is something they did on that matter.
Tried other games from blizzard. I dont have any problem on D3, neither on SC2.
Got the same problem, anyone could solve it ?
Im searching in WineHQ, but can't fin anything.
Same here : (

PlayOnLinux thread: https://www.playonlinux.com/en/app-2627-Heroes_of_the_Storm.html
Same here :/
same ... really a shame that blizz cant afford a person doing a simple launch on linux for QA on their updates/patches
Same situation. Let's wait for fix :/
02/03/2016 12:58 AMPosted by Treb
same ... really a shame that blizz cant afford a person doing a simple launch on linux for QA on their updates/patches

Why would they since they don't support linux at all?

Sucks but we play this game on linux of our own risk. Also tried many things but can't make it work, worse is i can't even get ingame now since i'm allways asked to rejoin an AI game that hanged.
02/03/2016 03:57 AMPosted by Arienreth
i can't even get ingame now since i'm allways asked to rejoin an AI game that hanged.

You can just wait some time and the game will end by itself.
In another thread a user is reporting the game hanging on match start unrelated to linux, could it be the same issue but only more consistently reproduced via wine?

That would be worse i think since it would be client bug and not fixable in wine i suppose.

EDIT: crashes not hangs. but still seems a bit of a coincidence