So, uh, Nova

General Discussion
What's the counterplay to her chunking 80% of my Kael'thas's health before Gravity Lapse even reaches her?
Arcane Barrier.
01/11/2016 10:56 PMPosted by DarthAttak
Arcane Barrier.

Feed her until level 16, got it.
01/11/2016 10:56 PMPosted by DarthAttak
Arcane Barrier.

This and better positioning, don't be staying still, making it harder for her to snipe you by moving around.
here we go again
1- Spot the shimmer.
2- Positioning
3- You strike first (requires rule #1)
4- If you're a squishy without escape then don't lane alone.
If anyone gives you !@#$, don't listen to them. It takes a while to learn how to play against Nova. KT has great tools to counter her though! You should also request to lane with a healer or warrior partner and be hyper aware of your positioning when she is in the game. Save gravity lapse, take the extra speed and range on it, and don't push too far out.
Your team needs to stick together and protects squishies when playing against stealth. You can look this up in pro-scene games. Every one and a cat in your team must keep watching for her. Ping her location whenever you see/spot her. Punish her whenever she shows up. Constantly looking for her in minimap. If she's missing for quite some time, it's very likely that she's ambushing a squishy (could be you), so positioning yourself well, throw skill shot at that suspicious bush next to you, and if you caught her, punish her hard or repositioning yourself. Don't go stray, at least go as a pair if need, covering each other's back, but not too deep (you could get flanked even against a team without stealth). Watch your health, if it's within the range of her combo kill, replenish it as soon as you can, and if you are going to hearth, make sure she won't get you during casting. Also, always push as a team.

Unfortunately, you won't see any of these in pick-up-group.
KT talking about doing a !@#$ton of dmg with 2 spels? :P rlly?
it took me about 100 games to where I could see nova 90% of the time and I did not even have a starcraft background. nor do I have some high end gaming machine. if I can see her on my biz class laptop np. you can too.

try changing your lighting if you are having probs. helps me.
Pretty sure Kael presses 2 buttons and literally kills an entire team
Stop going out alone?
01/11/2016 10:55 PMPosted by Yen
Kael'thas's
make sure you stand out in the middle of the lane away from all safety when you're at 50% health. if you can't see anybody you don't get ganked. covering your eyes helps too.
How terrible. There might actually be a counter to the most OP hero in the game. Never mind that Nova is a liability in general and being a (problematic) counter to Kaelthas is practically the only reason one would wish to pick her. Nerf her now! Kealthas does not need no stinking counters. He likes to win smooth and easy.
I always find it hilarious how for some reason, the HotS forums have like 5 threads come out around the same time about the SAME SUBJECT. Instead of people talking about Nova in the same thread, they create like 5 threads about her. The other day there were like 5 different threads side by side about some streamer, or Lunara being imbalanced, or something along those lines.
Positioning

You're a squishy... why are you roaming alone with a Nova on the enemy team?

Watch for that shimmer and attack first, you will melt her.

Lane with a buddy, preferably tank or heals.
So when the enemy team has a Nova you have to completely change your talent build, be very careful (or better don't leave the gates at all) and attack her first (even if you can't see her so just aoe random space).

It is very fun to play against her....
Against nova with Kael'thas, you need arcane barrier. If you see the shimmer do not try and stun her if she selected tripple tap as her heroic, save it for when she charges up and then stun her. vs precision strike you can survive with the shield as long as you put it up in time.
01/12/2016 01:12 AMPosted by Gezber
So when the enemy team has a Nova you have to completely change your talent build, be very careful (or better don't leave the gates at all) and attack her first (even if you can't see her so just aoe random space).

It is very fun to play against her....

She desperately needs to be nerfed. The people on this forum who play her can't handle it, but the reality is that as soon as she get GP stacks she just wanders the map one shotting people. She takes over whole games because there's no longer any counterplay to her.

The development team has said they are looking at her. They need to make fixing her a priority.