Got silenced, while having chat disabled

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
02/04/2016 07:12 AMPosted by GrosSacASacs

It should be impossibled to get silenced if allied chat is disabled.

This is exactly what needs to happen. Have the system check the flag to see if allied chat is even enabled before a report can be valid.
02/04/2016 07:12 AMPosted by GrosSacASacs
Hello,

first of all, I never insult, I never respond badly to insults, and most of the time I get insulted for picking abatur or viking or murky and losing. I never lose on purpose, try to play my best etc etc.

If someones says that I play bad, I ask for tips.

It happens that my favorite heroes are vikings and abatur. Because I need to focus on the game alot with these heroes, I disabled chat. I don t want t my screen to be filled with text, when I constantly need to pay attention to the mini map.

Today I got muted , after a loss with abatur, of course my allied chat was disabled during this game too.

It should be impossibled to get silenced if allied chat is disabled.

You obviously suck at the game. Stick to AI and you wont have a problem. People don't play this game to stand around while you lose games for them.
Being good is not a requirement to play ranked. Sometimes it is a consequence. I think you got things mixed up.
02/04/2016 07:17 AMPosted by Dad
Lol, pwned by report spamming, those humans who check reports may not be so human after all.

This, I hope they fix this soon. Really they need to remove the reporting system completely. It should be manual tickets like OW, WOW and HS. The only things people should be able to report is someone using very vulgar chat or boting (which would be a suspension or ban upon review and have details to support).

HOTS is dying and currently the reporting system is only used as a weapon by toxic players rather then a filter from them. Often people in ranked or even unranked games will threaten to report people if they don't draft a certain hero around what they want to pick. Or in ranked games people often spam report to reduce competition. The system is so flawed even the enemy team can report you for abusive chat which they can't even see.

Blizzard/ATVI needs to remove this terrible reporting system immediately. Its why their player retention is so low and so many players have quit HOTS or refuse to invest money or more time into it. They have lost so many players for HOTS they fired Dustin Browder in Dec 2016 and in their last annual report the header was "Launched Heroes of the Storm® 2.0, bringing players back into the game". It also rewards players who smurf since their main won't be silenced/suspended and they can keep that to only play with friends. Smurfs ruin the experience for new players and are often accounts which people feel they can troll or harass other players.
06/19/2017 05:36 PMPosted by llllllllllll
Smurfs ruin the experience for new player

No you have it the other way around bud. NEW PLAYERS RUIN THE EXPERIENCE for everyone else. That's why Smurfs exist.

Fix the new player problem and you won't have as many people creating smurfs.
Happened today again. Sent a ticket to appeal. Played about 40 games in 4 days, mostly viking hero league diamond 3. Allied chat turned off. No words during the lobby.
Think a bit....

If this player got silenced that means he is utterly bad and / or is trolling and just playing bad in any mode(especially competitive)

Of course players will report him if he's utterly terribe.

Just let that sink in
06/21/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Karlheinz
Think a bit....

If this player got silenced that means he is utterly bad and / or is trolling and just playing bad in any mode(especially competitive)

Just let that sink in

People don't need a reason to report others. I have seen people claim they report everyone on their team at the very start for absolutely no reason. This system is incredibly toxic and makes no sense.
Think a bit....

Just let that sink in

Or he's the victim of a mindset that certain heroes, namely those outside the meta, are universally bad and are only picked by trolls. I can absolutely see that happening, as I've consistently witnessed first hand similar cases of hate against anyone who dares to go against the meta.
not defending the silence system as i think it should be monitored by blizzard , however STOP PLAYING RANKED if you only want to play vikings or abather or nova (or any char) , if you go in to ranked intending to never fill fk off and go back to quick match

yes the silence system is broken , but if you are getting silenced because of the above reasons you deserve it (because you shouldnt be playing ranked)
doing the above things is just as toxic as being abusive in chat , and it causes a massive negetive experience to players that are actully good at the game (not one trick ponys)
Think a bit....

Just let that sink in

It's not a shock that someone like you wouldn't even bother looking his account on hotslogs to see what might've been happening.

The guy has over 60% winrate with Vikings. On a level at which none of you doubters and pro-silence crowd has ever played.

Just check his match history.

It's very obvious that he isn't trolling, if you would actually think about it and take a look.

There are multiple matches in which his team drafted double support with his Vikings.
He picked Vikings one time on Tomb and Braxis 5 times in total, which is a noob move and an instant 20% chance to win and they lost due to that, but hey, is that trolling or just lack of knowledge? Judging by a bunch of other games it definitely doesn't look like trolling.

He definitely doesn't seem to be trolling or whatnot in the matches themselves. Maybe he instalocks Vikings instead of a support/tank so his team is short of that role? Nope. Check that too.

The system is absolute garbage and there is absolutely no reasons to defend it at all. It's garbage in every single aspect.

The fact that he has chat turned off and tries his best despite not being a top player (if I dissected your match history I'm pretty sure I'd find much worse picks and stats) and still got silenced is a definitive proof of a !@#$ system.

Every silence that have happened to me has been after a lot of HL games in 1-2 days.
I was also silenced with my chat turned off for more than 2 months. I jumped in HL in S2 in the last 2 weeks to continue with my GM ranks in HL.
I was 2-3 wins short of a GM rank when the silence hit me. I climbed from D2 to almost GM in 2-3 days.

Are you going to tell me that I was trolling and doing stupid %^- *!@# to deserve having CHAT privileges off and ban me from HL which I was ripping apart?
That I couldn't play TL with 4 of my friends anymore?

Get a grip, son.
Let me say a few things

I am nor against OP nor for the system.
As far as I know,it's broken,but hell,i haven't been silenced once since alpha,and I'm a pretty toxic guy sometimes (for good reasons) and I do play a lot.

But hell,just maybe,the guy is also doing something wrong.

But !@#$, as soon as I say something that is not an aprooved answer,%^-* breaks loose.

I just said my opinion on things,respect it ,or get out,or as you say 'get a grip,son'.
What could he be doing to warrant a silence with the proof you have on your hands to examine?

A silence!
Being unable to chat despite never saying a word.
Being unable to participate in ranked gameplay despite having good winrates and good stats to back it up, while someone like you can't get over 50% winrate shouldn't be banned from ranked?

You should listen to your own advice, just stop for a moment and think.

Also
I just said my opinion on things,respect it ,or get out,or as you say 'get a grip,son'.

Lmao, that is exactly why you are a bronze guy and I'm willing to bet that you report people when they say you picked badly and other comical stuff.
"hurr durr this guy doesn't respect my pick, get out of HL!!!!!!"
Which explains why you aren't against this garbage abusable system.

It really isn't hard to read you all like open books.

Easy on the downvotes pal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.

- The Forum Moderation Team