Talent Pre-Select Should be an Option

General Discussion
I know that talent selection is a strategical decision and it is generally best to pick them in game. However, I think the option to pre-select talents should be there because in some cases I always pick the same talent, for example the on-demand heal for Thrall at level 7. Picking talents can be a distraction if you are in the heat of battle, which is why I think sometimes the best strategy would be to pre-select if it were an option.
04/01/2016 12:10 AMPosted by AetherTheory
I know that talent selection is a strategical decision and it is generally best to pick them in game.

Stopped reading right there.

If you want to play 'your best' as everyone here claims to do, than you will NEVER pre-pick all your talents.

Note: CTRL+#key picks your talent in 1 quick action, no need to mouse click talents.

=====
Gill
Just nope. I takes not even a second to choose the talent (espacially if you always take the same).
There is no advantage and the big backslash is when people forget to turn off or want to change it on the fly and blaming the "pre-made" talents.
04/01/2016 12:23 AMPosted by Serebix
There is no advantage and the big backslash is when people forget to turn off or want to change it on the fly and blaming the "pre-made" talents.

Oh god, I can see it now.

I ONLY lost cuz I had my prepick on!!! F U Blizzard!!

=====
Gill
Pre picking all talents would be bad. However it would be nice to be able to program builds in that would not be set in stone choices.

I.E. You look at the other team's comp and believe your build "A" would work best. Then at level up a hot key could allow you to auto take the skill choice in your build or you could select another talent the way we do now.
04/01/2016 12:30 AMPosted by Kodiakbrujah
Pre picking all talents would be bad. However it would be nice to be able to program builds in that would not be set in stone choices.

I.E. You look at the other team's comp and believe your build "A" would work best. Then at level up a hot key could allow you to auto take the skill choice in your build or you could select another talent the way we do now.

Note: CTRL+#key picks your talent in 1 quick action, no need to mouse click talents.

=====
Gill
No. Even now most players don't understand the power of switching talents and adapting to gameplay. Most players seem to know only one build and never choose other talents. Even if they play a squishy and are constantly killed by a Zeratul, they don't even think that it could be a good idea, to switch to defensive talents and make Zera's life harder.

The only thing they should add is a grace period of say 3 seconds where you can change your selection when you have misclicked AND have not used the talent yet.
Since we are playing this game for fun and not for money, i really do not understand why not.
Allthough i would prefer a 'pre-pick' implemented something like '1 talent ahead'-pre-pick. Not the whole tree/build.

04/01/2016 12:35 AMPosted by Yokihiro
No. Even now most players don't understand the power of switching talents and adapting to gameplay.

When "most players" are not switching builds, i think that is an argument for implementing it. Apparently "most players" benefit from something like this.
04/01/2016 12:35 AMPosted by Yokihiro
The only thing they should add is a grace period of say 3 seconds where you can change your selection when you have misclicked AND have not used the talent yet.
This would be nice as well.

I know most experienced players would not use it often and some would frown upon the use of it. However, I think it can help new players focus on learning the game without being overwhelmed by talent choices. Furthermore, I think it could still have a place in more competitive battles. For example, before Zagara's Nydus Network Heroic got reworked Devouring Maw was almost always the dominant option. If she were in a situation where there were three opponents chasing a nearby ally down right as she hit level 10 it might be to late if she takes 80 ms to pick the talent before using it. But, if she had it pre-picked she could turn the tide of the battle by using it 80 ms sooner.
I know that talent selection is a strategical decision and it is generally best to pick them in game. However, I think the option to pre-select talents should be there because in some cases I always pick the same talent, for example the on-demand heal for Thrall at level 7. Picking talents can be a distraction if you are in the heat of battle, which is why I think sometimes the best strategy would be to pre-select if it were an option.

And if your pre select causes you to not counter an enemy team you're going to cause a defeat for your team. There's lazy and then there's just sad. Don't waste your teams time
04/01/2016 02:41 AMPosted by Rosenrot234
And if your pre select causes you to not counter an enemy team you're going to cause a defeat for your team. There's lazy and then there's just sad. Don't waste your teams time
They could make it so the "A" key toggles pre-select on and off. also, the "S' key could undo a talent selection if pressed within 3 seconds of a miss pick.
04/01/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Gill
I know that talent selection is a strategical decision and it is generally best to pick them in game.

Stopped reading right there.

If you want to play 'your best' as everyone here claims to do, than you will NEVER pre-pick all your talents.

=====
Gill
that's simply not true at all sure some heroes are a lot more flexible when it comes to builds. but a good majority aren't if you start picking willy nilly like that talent's won't synergize properly and you end up being much less effective in a game. it just goes to show how little you actually understand about this game. and even then some of the flexible heroes really only have 1 maybe 3 talents that should be changed based on the enemy teams choice and not their comp.