Medivh is awesome.

Hero Feedback
I'd like to say "another high skill cap hero for the Nexus" but really all you do is spam invuln with Arcane Explosion and portal/bird troll.

Pretty great though.
Medivh is great if he's in the right comp, played by the right player and with the right players.

Which means: He is useless for solo or duo Q but he will be amazing within TL and tournaments.
06/16/2016 11:18 PMPosted by nihilin
Medivh is great if he's in the right comp, played by the right player and with the right players.

Which means: He is useless for solo or duo Q but he will be amazing within TL and tournaments.

This. The vast majority of complaints I've seen here on the forums stem not necessarily from the potential of Medivh, but how frustratingly sadistic it is to play Medivh with a team of randoms.
06/16/2016 11:18 PMPosted by nihilin

That first part applies to any balanced hero.

That second part isn't true.
06/16/2016 11:23 PMPosted by hero
That second part isn't true.

Mind to tell us why?

Would advice you to watch some high level TL gameplay on Twitch. Saw some insane plays with him there.
06/16/2016 11:20 PMPosted by Mahaf
The vast majority of complaints I've seen here on the forums stem not necessarily from the potential of Medivh, but how frustratingly sadistic it is to play Medivh with a team of randoms.

It's actually pretty easy. I think everyone thinks using his portal is the !@#$, but the invuln with Arcane Explosions while spamming free Q's is where it's at. Polybomb is brutal. 40 cooldown is like whaaaat.
I don't like polybomb. It feels really luckluster against teams which are not completely dumb. The other ultimate is by far superior in my opinion. Especially with the level 20 talent.
So here's the funny thing you can do as Medivh.

Step 1: Have 2-3 divers on your team

Step 2: Spam AoE invulnerability, each of which gives AoE damage.

As long as they brainlessly dive the other team, you will cause insane damage while keeping them all alive.
Raven Form needs to move faster, and one Ult should be him attacking in a power dive, like Bird Power Dive or something. Also adjust the portals, they're useless in most cases, esp. when teammates don't know use them.
06/16/2016 11:38 PMPosted by nihilin
I don't like polybomb. It feels really luckluster against teams which are not completely dumb. The other ultimate is by far superior in my opinion. Especially with the level 20 talent.

Polybomb is on a 40 second CD, which is practically nothing. I think it's the better ult if 1) the enemy team has anything in particular vulnerable to CC (Mosh, Zeratul) or 2) they have several melee or for some other reason want to group up (like piling on your Illidan, or being Brightwing).

Polybomb also requires timing, and choke points make it stronger. It's more situational, but seems more powerful in those situations.

Ley Line Seal is more generally useful when you don't have a specific thing to counter with Polybomb.
06/17/2016 12:02 AMPosted by RockFoesbane
Raven Form needs to move faster, and one Ult should be him attacking in a power dive, like Bird Power Dive or something. Also adjust the portals, they're useless in most cases, esp. when teammates don't know use them.

It's clearly the teammates that are useless there. Portals only problem is being slightly difficult to click on, but you can get used to it.
Really like the portals but yeah people don't use them most of the time. However yesterday I had a great game where people took full advantage of my portal build. Placed lots of portals for enganging, disengagement and quick chasing which where actually and successfully used by my team mates.

Maybe people just need some time to get familiar with what Medivh can offer.
Am I the only one who feels he is completely broken? The ability to constantly shield your teammates from any damage while staying out of range because the shield has a massive range compared to any other heal or shield in the game is just op, in my opinion.

With the current burst meta I feel like Medivh's shields outclass any other heal or shield in the game. If I play as Thrall and use Windfury at lvl 20 on a target who gets shielded that's 2500ish damage instantly avoided/"healed", and that's just one ability from me, usually when you focus fire a target the rest of your team is trying to kill them as well meaning each shield easily nullifies many times that damage. No other healing/shielding ability in the game comes close to that.

Up to this point there were only 3 other abilities in the game capable of saving a squishy target from being instantly bursted down from focus fire and that was Kharazim's Palm, Uther's Shield or Reghar's Ancestral, and they are all ultimates on long cooldowns that you had to or at least could play around, but here comes Medivh with the ability to do that every 5 seconds and from much greater range than any of the 3 above ultimates.

In any game I've played with or against Medivh he's ended with absolutely horrible siege/hero damage stats, but he has still controlled the game from start to finish just through his shield.

I feel like the shield needs a range nerf at the very least.
06/17/2016 01:32 AMPosted by TwiiK
Am I the only one who feels he is completely broken? The ability to constantly shield your teammates from any damage while staying out of range because the shield has a massive range compared to any other heal or shield in the game is just op, in my opinion.

With the current burst meta I feel like Medivh's shields outclass any other heal or shield in the game. If I play as Thrall and use Windfury at lvl 20 on a target who gets shielded that's 2500ish damage instantly avoided/"healed", and that's just one ability from me, usually when you focus fire a target the rest of your team is trying to kill them as well meaning each shield easily nullifies many times that damage. No other healing/shielding ability in the game comes close to that.

Up to this point there were only 3 other abilities in the game capable of saving a squishy target from being instantly bursted down from focus fire and that was Kharazim's Palm, Uther's Shield or Reghar's Ancestral, and they are all ultimates on long cooldowns that you had to or at least could play around, but here comes Medivh with the ability to do that every 5 seconds and from much greater range than any of the 3 above ultimates.

In any game I've played with or against Medivh he's ended with absolutely horrible siege/hero damage stats, but he has still controlled the game from start to finish just through his shield.

Where is this "current burst meta" ?
Fights in the competetive scene often last 30+ seconds without anyone dying. I see potential for his shield in some situations but those situations can be played around. I think he cant be played as a solo support but if played in duo support you seriously lack damage. All the mobility via portals isnt worth anything if you dont have enough damage for a kill.

So i guess adjusting his Q and maybe some Q talents could be enough to make him work. Not working yet but number buffs should fix him because the skills oberall look pretty useful.
06/17/2016 01:32 AMPosted by TwiiK

Don't think that any nerfs gonna happen with his currently extremely low (~24%!!!) win rate.

Would except rather significant buffs or a complete rework when they see that his win rate stays ultra low within the normal games while he gets perma banned in tournaments.
06/16/2016 10:40 PMPosted by hero
but really all you do is spam invuln with Arcane Explosion and portal/bird troll.

Just like you spam TLV to walk to all lanes or Abathur when putting mines and hat?

You are not grasping the timing essentials with medivh.
06/16/2016 11:38 PMPosted by nihilin

Poly Bomb is useful against the right team comp. It really depends on the enemy comp.

Ley Line isn't situational at all, though. Ley Line is always fantastic.
Funny how this hero would be Tier 10 in a HL-only Tier list and Tier 0-God in a Team League Tier List.
06/17/2016 01:49 AMPosted by Schmaddi
Where is this "current burst meta" ?
Fights in the competetive scene often last 30+ seconds without anyone dying.

I'm play QM alone and I'm mostly in my own bubble regarding this game so I'm obviously not stating facts, but from my own experience and from what I see when watching pro games anyone, even tanks, can blow up in a second in this game. The fight itself may last for 30+ seconds, but anyone who is focus fired or even just hit by a select few abilities is instantly removed from it unless they have a way of basically nullifying the damage, nothing else is fast enough.

2-3 people focus firing an enemy hero can easily dish out close to ten thousand damage in a couple seconds and one 500-1000 heal or shield wouldn't help that hero in that situation, but in every game I play I see Medivh shields completely nullifying that kind of burst and turning fights around because of it.

And I'm not saying the hero himself is broken, but I feel some areas of him (the shield) are too strong. Just like I feel Chromie's damage is too strong, even when Chromie as a hero isn't that great. By all means buff other aspects of these heroes to compensate, but they have some really polarizing abilities at the moment. Being instantly killed because Chromie "accidently" hit you from the fog of war with her combo is as much fun as seeing your entire combo nullified because Medivh shielded your target.

The last 3 heroes released have been extremely unfun to play against because of certain parts of their kit.

On a similar note, I also feel talents like Spell Shield are way too strong. If you play a hero without such a talent you're always at the risk of dying instantly, but if you have Spell Shield or any comparable talent you're practically unkillable while it's up, and prone to instantly dying when it's down. The contrast is too stark, in my opinion.

With abilities and talents like this in the game skirmishes are turning into coin flips in my opinion.
06/16/2016 11:52 PMPosted by hero
So here's the funny thing you can do as Medivh.

Step 1: Have 2-3 divers on your team

Step 2: Spam AoE invulnerability, each of which gives AoE damage.

As long as they brainlessly dive the other team, you will cause insane damage while keeping them all alive.

I don't believe this works like you're describing. At least, it's not intended to do so. The talent description for Circle of Protection @ 16 states "An untalented Force of Will is also applied to allies near the target". Arcane explosion damage is a talent @ 7, so by definition it shouldn't apply to the additional shields granted from the later talent. If it is, then it's a bug.