Medivh is awesome.

Hero Feedback
Polybomb is hilarious against Vikings/Rexxar teams. It's hard to isolate the problem member in time for many people, so you just end up polybombing the entire enemy team.
I'm leveling Medivh in QM (lvl 7) and currently have 63.6% winrate and this is what i gathered:

Even when people say he's like Tass, you play him like Morales in teamfights.

When you're not fighting, you should scout for camps.

Avoid portal talents. They aren't good compared to other talents in the same tier. Maybe Quickening for portal spamming.

Ley Line Seal is awesome but you should check which heroics your allies picked. Avoid the need to use Ley Line when you have teammates like Li Ming. I made a few mistakes learning when to use it.

I'm still learning which lvl 20 talent is better. They all feel good and powerful. I love Invisibility casted in mounted allies like Greymane.
06/16/2016 11:38 PMPosted by nihilin
I don't like polybomb. It feels really luckluster against teams which are not completely dumb. The other ultimate is by far superior in my opinion. Especially with the level 20 talent.

I don't agree at all. I think people are somewhat missing the point with Polybomb. Yes, it is VERY difficult to chain a Polybomb without cross CC. This actually doesn't become a truly viable scenario until level 20 when its duration and radius are increased.

BUT, and I mean a big BUT, consider that at the very least, Polybomb is pretty much a 2 sec stun. Even if you don't manage to chain it, it can:

- Peel an assassin away from your teammates
- Interrupt heroic abilities, such as: Mosh Pit, Ravenous Spirit, Mind Control, Strafe, Disintegrate, 1,000 Jugs, and more
06/17/2016 05:55 AMPosted by Chaen
06/16/2016 11:52 PMPosted by hero
So here's the funny thing you can do as Medivh.

Step 1: Have 2-3 divers on your team

Step 2: Spam AoE invulnerability, each of which gives AoE damage.

As long as they brainlessly dive the other team, you will cause insane damage while keeping them all alive.

I don't believe this works like you're describing. At least, it's not intended to do so. The talent description for Circle of Protection @ 16 states "An untalented Force of Will is also applied to allies near the target". Arcane explosion damage is a talent @ 7, so by definition it shouldn't apply to the additional shields granted from the later talent. If it is, then it's a bug.

That is so disappointing. I believe it.
I'd like to see from all of those people who are saying "Medivh is gut in masters HL & competetive" & "You can't solo Q with medivh, git gut scrub" any proof because all I see right now is a piece of !@#$. Literally, any mode, any comp he just suck. Even if Medivh is designed to be played in organized teams he shouldn't cause such rage on player when picked in draft. 20-30% is super low and personally I'm super disappointed that Blizzard dumpstered one of my favourite warcraft characters.
06/17/2016 11:12 AMPosted by LouELastic

BUT, and I mean a big BUT, consider that at the very least, Polybomb is pretty much a 2 sec stun. Even if you don't manage to chain it, it can:

- Peel an assassin away from your teammates
- Interrupt heroic abilities, such as: Mosh Pit, Ravenous Spirit, Mind Control, Strafe, Disintegrate, 1,000 Jugs, and more

The alternative ultimate is a 3 seconds freeze with a large radius that can be comboed well with your team mates AoE abilities (while the flying sheep can just fall back since it is not slowed down or rooted). For example, I saw a Medivh + Chromie + Jaina team (Tyrande and Diablo to complete that team) that worked well with the stopped targets. The low cooldown is its strong point, but the other ulti has more applications.

In general, however, I find Medivh under-performing in most situations and especially against AA heroes.
06/17/2016 03:36 AMPosted by Aldrius
06/16/2016 11:38 PMPosted by nihilin
I don't like polybomb. It feels really luckluster against teams which are not completely dumb. The other ultimate is by far superior in my opinion. Especially with the level 20 talent.

Poly Bomb is useful against the right team comp. It really depends on the enemy comp.

Ley Line isn't situational at all, though. Ley Line is always fantastic.

Polybomb is just like Diablo's Apocalypse - you have to use it in the right situation to get max value from it. Wait till the enemy is clumped, preferably in a chokepoint. The scramble to avoid the chain will wreak havoc on their coordination, or the chain will.

Or it can be a great answer to something like ETCs mosh pit - assuming ur not stuck in it.
Well halfway to level 10 on medivh here, and speaking from my own experience, I find that polybomb usually helps my team out more than leyline seal (this is mostly QM and unranked). The strength of polybomb is obvious when the enemy is clumped up, but even just using it on a single target results in a decent silence. Moreover, they have to stop whatever they're doing simply to make sure they don't spread the bomb, which makes it great because if they don't shift their focus from what they're doing, they spread their bomb. A distracted enemy usually results in a dead one.

Leyline is prolly better in competitive unless you're facing dive, but I find that you need impeccable timing with seal. Else you could actually end up saving the enemy from damage :/