Placment - me diamond, him silver

General Discussion
Played 9 of the 10 placement matches with a friend. He got placed in silver and I got placed in diamond 3.

How is that fair?

You can look up the matches here: http://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=1187824
Because the game didn't completely reset your MMR when the season rolled out. It just took what you and your friend were previously and started adjusting from there. Based on what you've said your friend appears to have been much, much lower in MMR than you before the season started.
uhh mmr from last season DUH... are you serious with this question or attempting to act dumb and trolling.
06/16/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Fiesbert
Played 9 of the 10 placement matches with a friend. He got placed in silver and I got placed in diamond 3.

How is that fair?

You can look up the matches here: http://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=1187824

You are the type of peeps that partially screwed my own placement matches.

Seriously.
To the blizzdrones. So you're telling me that 2 people winning and losing the exact same matches is somehow indicative of one person not being as good?
There is nothing fair about the placement matches m8. Until blizzard don't remove them, the game will be always unfair.

PS: It should be like HS. Ppl should start from one rank and climb up. Right now you are placed in the middle and you are stucked there.
06/16/2016 09:54 AMPosted by Pentay
To the blizzdrones. So you're telling me that 2 people winning and losing the exact same matches is somehow indicative of one person not being as good?

Thats not how it works. You guys thend to forget this is just an algorithm. It doesn't generate emotional responses.

You got easier matches as a result of queuing with a silver player. The silver player got free wins by having a diamond as a duo partner. It's a win-win situation.

If he played alone he might have placed as low as bronze and you might have placed platinum. People should be glad they are not restricting placement duo queuing by internal MMR as well.
good job carrying your friend out of bronze straight to silver
06/16/2016 09:38 AMPosted by Spork
uhh mmr from last season DUH... are you serious with this question or attempting to act dumb and trolling.

Apparnently it's a very opaque topic for some people, so I don't doubt it's a serious question. Unfortunately.
Seems people are forgetting about the pre season rankeds
That's your last 10 games abusing the ladder, hope you had fun.

Thank god blizz put a stop to that crap.
That's your last 10 games abusing the ladder, hope you had fun.

Thank god blizz put a stop to that crap.

Amen. And i'm not even religious.
There seem to be a lot of these threads. I guess Blizzard didn't publicize the "soft" aspect of the reset well enough.
It's hardly "abusing the ladder".

Blizzard is missing one more step. A total and complete reset of MMR so that everyone gets a fresh start. All they've accomplished by only half assing this is making it so people can't duo queue with their friends in the new season.

If TC and his friend had the same MMR how would it be abuse? They'd have the ability to play together and have to climb equally.

Not sure how we're "blizzdrones" simply because you don't understand how the system works there bud.
not so subtle self bragging
"Players entering Hero League for the first time in Season One will have their Quick Match MMR used as a guideline to determine their initial matchmaking."

and

"Future seasons will use Unranked Draft Mode MMR to seed into Hero League matchmaking."

Source: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20131417/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-june-06-2016-6-6-2016#System_Changes

Its simple, your quick match mmr was much higher than your friend quickmatch mmr.
06/16/2016 10:23 AMPosted by Alu
It's hardly "abusing the ladder".

Blizzard is missing one more step. A total and complete reset of MMR so that everyone gets a fresh start. All they've accomplished by only half assing this is making it so people can't duo queue with their friends in the new season.

If TC and his friend had the same MMR how would it be abuse? They'd have the ability to play together and have to climb equally.

Screw that complete reset.... I finally don't have people in my queues that have no idea how to play the game. I played hard in preseason to get this rank,and I did it alone, others can do the same.
I am in the same situation. I played all 10 placement matches with a friend I've known for over a decade. He has always had significantly more mmr in HotS than me (in HL at least). We went 7-3 in placement matches, I was placed in gold, him in diamond. Now we can't queue together in HL anymore. In other mobas he has always been a bit higher in mmr than me, but we've always been able to queue in ranked play. From a HOTS point of view he is significantly higher in MMR from me, other Mobas not this much--anyway that's not very relative.

I don't see how people feel its cheating/unfair when high ranks queue with low ranks. From my experience, most of the time in preseason when we would queue the other team would get a pair similar to us (1 low rank & 1 high rank). Ultimately it takes a collective team effort to win in this game--it's a lot harder for one player to carry a team in this game compared to other mobas due to mechanics and the way leveling works.

This new 'can't queue with someone unless they are close in MMR' to you rule is ridiculous and is going to hurt the game. If people can't climb the ladders with their friends you're killing a huge social aspect of the game...please don't turn this into WoW 2.0