Placment - me diamond, him silver

General Discussion
well I would like to thank blizzard for wasting my time. If they were going to just use that MMR from the preseason why waste our time with 10 placement games, I would have rather spent 10 games trying to grow my rank. I also like to point out that now that all my friends are different tiers the chances of us all saying lets go do something else has multiplied by 100%.
06/16/2016 09:54 AMPosted by Pentay
To the blizzdrones. So you're telling me that 2 people winning and losing the exact same matches is somehow indicative of one person not being as good?

Rex Grossman made it to the Super Bowl with the Bears awhile back. He had the same record as the rest of his team. Was Rex Grossman a top tier quarterback?
06/16/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Dougletron
This new 'can't queue with someone unless they are close in MMR' to you rule is ridiculous and is going to hurt the game. If people can't climb the ladders with their friends you're killing a huge social aspect of the game...please don't turn this into WoW 2.0

You can still queue with friends. This is why they added unranked draft. Letting people group up with anyone of dramatically different skill levels for ranked was really subverting the matchmaker and leading to lower quality games. They couldn't allow that to continue, but felt they couldn't take it away without an alternative. Hence, unranked draft.
you are awere that if the mmr was really reset your score would probably be worse right?

cuz you know, queueing with a friend of lower mmr gives you worse opponents and easier games for the higher mmr player to carry

its not like you and your friend have equal skill

taking this example just reinforce how good blizzard system is by putting your friend in a tier much lower than yours

just be glad you won't have silver players that are not your friends ruining your game and move on
if they reset the MMR then queueing with a friend would NOT give you worse opponents because every ones MMR would be reset and it would be finally fair. The way it is now is a joke, blizzard is afraid of losing the top level guys that would place at bronze if not given a awesome team.
I hate being stuck with noobs that think taking sly, hammer, and zag in the same game is a good idea, and I am sick of being told that Tyrande is an damage dealer and then The team is out a healer.
Also playing unranked draft as is like telling a pro football player to go out side and through the ball around in the backyard. Its fine but it is NOT the same thing.
06/16/2016 12:58 PMPosted by SinisterSick
if they reset the MMR then queueing with a friend would NOT give you worse opponents

If you are a more highly skilled player, yes, it would give you worse opponents. It would throw everyone of every skill level together. It would be the farthest thing from fair. It would be very, very bad.
06/16/2016 11:06 AMPosted by SinisterSick
well I would like to thank blizzard for wasting my time. If they were going to just use that MMR from the preseason why waste our time with 10 placement games, I would have rather spent 10 games trying to grow my rank. I also like to point out that now that all my friends are different tiers the chances of us all saying lets go do something else has multiplied by 100%.

So 10 games+another 40 of improved mmr gain is a waste, 50 low mmr gain-games aint

Ye, low rank=low iq.
06/16/2016 09:38 AMPosted by Treva
Because the game didn't completely reset your MMR when the season rolled out. It just took what you and your friend were previously and started adjusting from there. Based on what you've said your friend appears to have been much, much lower in MMR than you before the season started.

I get that. But Diamond and Silver have two tiers in between. He is not a much worse player then I am. He couldn't climb ranks at all. Despite us playing the same matches (well 9 out of 10).

Regarding boosting. There is like no carry potential in this game. I can't boost someone. He carried his own weight.
06/16/2016 02:14 PMPosted by Fiesbert
Because the game didn't completely reset your MMR when the season rolled out. It just took what you and your friend were previously and started adjusting from there. Based on what you've said your friend appears to have been much, much lower in MMR than you before the season started.

I get that. But Diamond and Silver have two tiers in between. He is not a much worse player then I am. He couldn't climb ranks at all. Despite us playing the same matches (well 9 out of 10).

Regarding boosting. There is like no carry potential in this game. I can't boost someone. He carried his own weight.

Yeah... Diamond and Tournaments are not so far away as well...
Looks like I am pro.
Played 10 out of 10 placement matches with my long time partner.
Him: Platinum 2
Me: Silver 2

We've been playing ranked together since we could. Both of us participated heavily since Alpha. Can no longer play ranked together unless something massive changes. I'm not interested in playing regular quick matches as the players in those matches often times are playing with a great deal less effort or just aren't as into it (and why should they be, its Quick Match I can't expect too much other than them getting the hero they want). So we played ranked, where there were still issues but the same that exist in all games.

Noooow we can't play ranked. This means, to me, that I'm done playing altogether. I can't play with my friends in ranked and I'm not wanting to sit around and play by myself constantly JUST to achieve a level where I then am ALLOWED to play ranked with friends.
06/16/2016 02:40 PMPosted by Brigga
Played 10 out of 10 placement matches with my long time partner.
Him: Platinum 2
Me: Silver 2

We've been playing ranked together since we could. Both of us participated heavily since Alpha. Can no longer play ranked together unless something massive changes. I'm not interested in playing regular quick matches as the players in those matches often times are playing with a great deal less effort or just aren't as into it (and why should they be, its Quick Match I can't expect too much other than them getting the hero they want). So we played ranked, where there were still issues but the same that exist in all games.

Noooow we can't play ranked. This means, to me, that I'm done playing altogether. I can't play with my friends in ranked and I'm not wanting to sit around and play by myself constantly JUST to achieve a level where I then am ALLOWED to play ranked with friends.

I am against DUO overall... folks should achieve rank and rewards by working hard ALONE in HL. Losing against players that as 2 carry one another is a terrible experience.

They should allow 1,2,3,4,5 players of any rank to play team league. Folks that queue as 5 will dont give a... will dont care about that. AND strange premades or solo players hunting for more rewards could find something for themself.
1. The old MMR still counts so much that all the dudes that were carried to rank 1 by 4 men teams while it is was still possible, are still ranked high today.

2. Those dudes keep flooding the forum with posts, that everyone that complains about the ranking belongs were they are although they have not achieved their own rank by themselves.

3. Instead of petition for a hard MMR reset those loud fake high ranked players defend Blizz because they of course know, that they will never rank up to top today where they only can duo. Since they also know that personal skill does not carry bad players (which they won't admit), they of course know that playing with noobs will keep them in lower levels.

"Players entering Hero League for the first time in Season One will have their Quick Match MMR used as a guideline to determine their initial matchmaking."

MMR from pre season doesnt count. mmr from quick match does.
06/16/2016 05:24 PMPosted by DarknessEyes

"Players entering Hero League for the first time in Season One will have their Quick Match MMR used as a guideline to determine their initial matchmaking."

MMR from pre season doesnt count. mmr from quick match does.

Thats not quite true. If you have NEVER played Heroe League the system would've taken your Quickmatch MMR as orientation point. If you were playing ranked before it was taking the ranked MMR instead.

Still. My friend couldn't move up ranks at all. Despite us playing the placement matches together, against the same enemys.

We did it to be able to play together and we played our placement matches very will, yet we still can't play together. There are 2 tiers between us, 2.
OPabuses the system, qq's after.

No Carrying???? My friend on his smurf and me on this account.......playing vs Low Plautium......you know what...the game is ONE SIDE STOMP Feast......It was a Joke...and my friend is like rank 5 player while I'm rank 1 before the patch..... Our heroes always double the dmg compare to rest of the guys in the game...

Also...Diamond 3 is a joke right now...I see people who can't tank, who can't draft (not drafting support) and etc....it is horrible...it's like they just smash rank 1 to rank 10 all together...into Diamond 3.
06/17/2016 07:48 AMPosted by NobodyCare
Also...Diamond 3 is a joke right now...I see people who can't tank, who can't draft (not drafting support) and etc....it is horrible...it's like they just smash rank 1 to rank 10 all together...into Diamond 3.

Really? My main is in Gold3 and my smurf will probably land in low Platinum, and I have no such problems.

People are pretty civil, and even have a decent knowledge of the match, and how it works. Some indeed make gross mistakes, but everybody has a bad match.

Exactly this.

Get rid of the can't queue with friends with much different mmr rule. It is doing a lot more harm than good for the game. You can't boost/carry people in this game--the lower ranked player still has to perform well for the win. The system is pretty good at finding these low mmr + high mmr pairs and matching them against each other anyway.

The only reason this got changed is because noobs want to blame something other than themselves as to why they are losing games.