Placment - me diamond, him silver

General Discussion
06/16/2016 02:14 PMPosted by Fiesbert

I get that. But Diamond and Silver have two tiers in between. He is not a much worse player then I am. He couldn't climb ranks at all. Despite us playing the same matches (well 9 out of 10)

Diamond and silver games are very, very different. It's not surprising he could not climb. You are underestimating the level of play at each tier. Even gold play is different from silver, and platinum players are already significantly more aware of what is going on than silvers even if they make a lot of mistakes.

Diamond is the third tier up from silver. The difference is the same as putting together a grand master and a platinum. It's not realistic to say "the difference is small". The difference is massive. A platinum should not be able to que with a grandmaster, nor a silver with a diamond.
Regarding boosting. There is like no carry potential in this game. I can't boost someone. He carried his own weight.

I remember playing my first placement (back in 2015), me and my duo tripled everyone's stats/2v5'd.
06/18/2016 04:01 AMPosted by President
06/16/2016 02:14 PMPosted by Fiesbert

I get that. But Diamond and Silver have two tiers in between. He is not a much worse player then I am. He couldn't climb ranks at all. Despite us playing the same matches (well 9 out of 10)

Diamond and silver games are very, very different. It's not surprising he could not climb. You are underestimating the level of play at each tier. Even gold play is different from silver, and platinum players are already significantly more aware of what is going on than silvers even if they make a lot of mistakes.

Diamond is the third tier up from silver. The difference is the same as putting together a grand master and a platinum. It's not realistic to say "the difference is small". The difference is massive. A platinum should not be able to que with a grandmaster, nor a silver with a diamond.

Please read this thread http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/20042825384#1 (Gems of rank 1 decision making)

Rank is pretty much random. Maybe 1 out of 10 matches provides you with the opportuinity to apply your skill. Most matches are decided by which team gets the worst player.

For me it was about being able to play ranked with my friend. I can't. Him being placed in Silver while I get Diamond is plain unfair.
06/18/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Fiesbert
06/18/2016 04:01 AMPosted by President

Please read this thread http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/20042825384#1 (Gems of rank 1 decision making)

Rank is pretty much random. Maybe 1 out of 10 matches provides you with the opportuinity to apply your skill. Most matches are decided by which team gets the worst player.

For me it was about being able to play ranked with my friend. I can't. Him being placed in Silver while I get Diamond is plain unfair.

So you're honestly going to tell us your friend in silver should be playing with a "diamond" player or anyone higher??
I have a friend in silver and i can honestly say he is not very good he really doesn't understand when to do objectives, positioning and he'll start to run out of fights before even taking any damage or anyone dying etc...

So instead of just saying he's my friend and should be good why don't you honestly look at how he plays and either help him get better by explaining what he needs to do or just let him play games and try to figure it out on his own. ( This is almost like Michael Jordan saying well "bob" who is a "lawyer" and never played basketball above high school but is my best friend should be playing on the Chicago bulls with me just because that's what i want)

You queuing with a silver player as a diamond player makes for very unfair games for everyone in that game, you talk about ranked being RNG on who get's the worse player when you queue with a silver being diamond you just make it that much more likely and the system will try to balance the ranks out so chances are another diamond player might get stuck on the other team and will be playing with people he should not be playing with and probably does not want to be.

The skill gap between ranks is pretty big hell there are some people in diamond that honestly should not be, i do agree the rank system is not good but queuing with lower ranked players is just going to make it even worse.
06/16/2016 10:18 AMPosted by Bouric
That's your last 10 games abusing the ladder, hope you had fun.

Thank god blizz put a stop to that crap.

They did ?
06/18/2016 11:28 AMPosted by StormPeaks
06/16/2016 10:18 AMPosted by Bouric
That's your last 10 games abusing the ladder, hope you had fun.

Thank god blizz put a stop to that crap.

They did ?

I abused what how exactly?
This is completely stupid, me and my friend are the same skill level, i got placed d3 he got silv2. we contacted a support and the only idea he had was that because he only played 2-3 roles and about 4 chars, while i played every role and 8 chars in placement matches that the game figured i was more versatile. Ultimately we both got punished because he only likes a couple heroes, and because he got gimped he has sworn to never touch the game again. Also the gm said that i should throw my games to drop down to his rank if i want to play with him, hello thats just rude and im 99% sure bannable.