Rate the QUALITY of your 10 placement matches

General Discussion
So, far I've played 2 placement games on this account. Lost both of those games and both games were not very close. Not blaming my teammates, either. If you check hotslogs, I'm not a very good player. So, the games results were not surprising. I figure after all 10 placement games, I'll be placed in Bronze league.

On my other account, Cheesequake, I have only played one game and we won. The game wasn't very close. I have a feeling that account will be ranked much higher than my original account after all the placement games have been played.

After reading the posts here, I have come to the earth shattering conclusion that at higher MMR, you get better and closer games.
Only done 4 so far.

Game 1: 9/10. Good draft, great players on both teams, close game, but we lost when the enemy team capitalized on our sly but risky attempt on boss.

Game 2: 1/10. We lost in draft when our supposed tank in spot 5 troll picked Murky. Lost every team fight.

Game 3: 3/10. Even draft, but our tanks turned toxic at about the 7 minute point and effectively gave up when one accused the other of feeding.

Game 4: 7/10. Risky draft when our team first picked Nova. Enemy team counter picked Tassadar and Abathur. However, the team had good chemistry and won every team fight and took every objective (and the Nova was shockingly decent).

That's it so far.
5 placement matches so far. I thought they all went great. Close games that could've gone either way and I felt that I was able to carry the game plenty (a reasonable amount given a team-oriented MOBA). I was closer to rank 16 at the end of preseason but i've been as high as 7 at times and as low as 30. I think the matchmaking is doing a relatively decent job.
I had actually at least 2-3 quality games, where the competitive spirit was so great I wouldn't even feel bad if I've lost.

Overall 7W/3L and Diamond 4 780 points after placements, so I won't complain too much.
10/10
overall player skills were consistent with mine. I played with many familiar faces, those that were around my mmr before the season. Most games were very challenging - a huge amount of 4k mmr tryhards we ended up losing to and also won some. Great games!
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. That's my rate!
06/15/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Candymonster
5 placement matches so far. I thought they all went great. Close games that could've gone either way and I felt that I was able to carry the game plenty (a reasonable amount given a team-oriented MOBA). I was closer to rank 16 at the end of preseason but i've been as high as 7 at times and as low as 30. I think the matchmaking is doing a relatively decent job.

What do you mean by "carry"?
8-12 minute stomps one way or the other, not pleasant.
Awful 1/10
I rate it 7/10. I rate it that because I won 7 out of 10 games.

;D

very good matches. Only ones we lost were lost because of the draft. Not because of the skill of the players.
3 of my matches had intentional disconnects.
Same. It's been terrible for me as well. Fourteen games played so far and 5 wins. I keep getting thrown into games with people that overextend, convince the team to make a wrong move, don't know their hero, and don't know how to work as a team or listen to advice.

I'm no pro but they lack experience. If you're doing better than your teammates in siege and hero damage with minimal deaths you have no business being ranked with them. I don't understand...
06/15/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Cbcatanz
06/15/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Candymonster

What do you mean by "carry"?

I mean I led my team to victory via multiple factors, including but not limited to good shot calling, landing crucial skill shots to turn fights around, and outplaying the enemy players. For example, there were a couple games when I appropriately called when to go for the core or an objective or not to. The amount of players who don't know when to "core" is actually quite astounding, and you can get players to listen to you by providing good feedback and encouragement throughout the game. I find that talking a lot at the start to "pep" people up increases the trust players have in you.

As far as actual in game skill, I played one very close game on sky temple. Half a keep left for both sides, two temples spawned but we were down 2 players to 4 at the time and one of our players was AFK so we had a bot. I managed to eliminate 3 of them as Nazeebo with Lili's healing by landing good zombie walls and frogs, ultimately winning us the game. That doesn't seem like much, but being able to land skill shots like those and know how to position well, use bushes to your advantage, etc. in clutch situations is what can separate an average player in the game to one who can "carry" the game to victory.

It is true that one player can seemingly ruin the game for the whole team, but that doesn't mean that carrying doesn't exist. I've played Dota 2 and LoL quite a bit, both games where carrying is said to exist. However, I've played many games where a single player threw it. With a more team based game, direct results of carrying are less visible, but it's the small things that add up.

At least that's my take on it. I do acknowledge that problems with MMR and stuff still exist.
8/10
Would rank again

I had very supportive teammates even when I picked Rexxar in my 10 placement matches. I'm getting more confident playing underrated heroes.
8 wins and 2 losses with the 2 losses that could have been wins.

First Loss: Team decides it's a good idea to focus a shield Artanis who is being continuously supported by Tassadar. I pointed this out a few times to focus other targets but they seemed to gravitate towards Artanis.

Second Loss: Toxicity and our team trying to focus an Illidan who was constantly supported by Tassadar/Uther while ignoring the diving Anuberak or the squishy Li-Ming. Also commented about focusing someone else besides Ilidan who went full tank build but to no avail.

Overall I found the quality to be fine. A lot of the games including the 2 losses could've been the other way around easily. One game we lost a keep early on, had a player say GG but we made a comeback and wrecked the enemy team resulting in a win.

Also played 7 games as Nova only losing once with her due to the Artanis game.
06/15/2016 05:45 AMPosted by Critter5592
Mine were awful. I would rate them 2/10

Literally every match was a complete stomp. One team not even killing a fort, other team total domination. Some I was on the winning side, some the losing. Not even one competitive match..

I don't understand why this is surprising

This is the natural consequence of a soft MMR reset.
Hmmm, I wonder how one would rate couple Raynor and a Ming tanks? Literally always half a screen ahead of the team and first picks... DPS Uther was like so cool too! Last pick stitches on team with no follow-up essentially(diver team) and who keeps saving enemies he hooks by gorging them! Like from first 20 games 17 were utter stomps one way or the other by ridiculously bad drafts, talents or just player skill. If you friggin find game in 20-60s I'd expect players to be somewhat evenly matched, not so some seem bronze, couple gold and maybe few who know basics of them game already.

Like how friggin' stupid do you have to be to first pick Abathur and follow that by Nova pick as second. So great to meet people who are oblivious to drafting and keep thinking how "unlucky" they were that enemy counters them and out drafts the team despite their own team telling that would happen... Then again MM has been crap for months so I dunno why I was expecting anything to get better with the new system...
I wish I can throw the F bombs everywhere...

As for me !@#$ING horrid, I went 2-8 on my placement matches, not to mention I lost my first 7 in a row. The match quality was terrible to say the least. And I got placed in Plat(4) woohoo I hate blizzard so much big slap to the face, I literally stopped playing HL for 2 weeks+ just for this...