how do I get my teammates to soak exp?

General Discussion
I have found that nearly every game i've lost was inevitably because of insufficient Xp leads due to excessive focus on early-game teamfights and not enough soaking. Xp lead = fight advantage. Even a bad comp can be overcome with a big enough numerical lead. But ignore those lanes. it's cool.
1, Start flame and rage at them
2, Then report your whole team
3, And tell them that you going to report them again if they not soak.
It's funny how many people are saying soaking isn't important at all.

Ok. Fighting without ults against a team that has theirs? Smart move. That's how you throw the game.
06/17/2016 12:19 AMPosted by Xury
My last 2 games were like this. Always a talent behind. Didn't have ults when we needed them... why? Because 2 lanes were left open constantly.

And we get absolutely stomped because we can't contest objectives... how do you explain to retards that soaking until 10 is important?

I get at least one friend to tag along with me in QM whenever I can. Some maps only have 2 lanes, after all.
06/17/2016 12:19 AMPosted by Xury
My last 2 games were like this. Always a talent behind. Didn't have ults when we needed them... why? Because 2 lanes were left open constantly.

And we get absolutely stomped because we can't contest objectives... how do you explain to retards that soaking until 10 is important?

You can't. You gotta accept your limitations in hots, its not up to you if you win but up to your worst teammate. Never try to point out other players mistakes. It will get you silenced for being toxic.
06/17/2016 01:28 AMPosted by fez
06/17/2016 01:10 AMPosted by Noomi

I hope you're trolling, because I'd hate to think you really believe this.

if u walk as 5 pre lvl9 pinging off heroes its a waste of time 1 hero kill till lvl9 is less xp then 1 minnion wave and if u kill 1 person u wont get 2 per lane u lose 2 minnion waves in the progress wich means u lose more xp then the other team.

If you kill them they arent soaking and they will be constantly play catch up
06/17/2016 03:09 AMPosted by zlajo
people overvalue soaking and throw objectives because of it.

If you got a problem with getting your team mates to soak, take TLV. Now they can do whatever they want, adn you can soak ALL lanes.

If you like it so much, there is your anwser.

If I figure out early that my team is a bunch of lump heads I will ignore objectives purposefully and try to get some forts solo (especially if I'm on murky).
Sometimes that works.. sometimes it doesn't. Either way ... playing defensively against the morons the MM puts on your team is a thing.
rub the minions in peanut butter....

or chocolate....
Tell them that XP Contribution is the best indicator of a player's skill.

Bad teammates love them statistics.

Edit: Or play Abathur/TLV and do it for them. Unfortunately the same bads that can't soak XP are also the ones that will torment you on these heroes haha.
06/17/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Aetheonus
Bad teammates love them statistics.

If I noticed you are on a road to your 19th death and you are pretty much NEVER EVER around where you are needed I'm pointing out that you are the WORST player on the team.
In-game is not the time to teach people things.

The best you can do is say "soak lanes," "soak bot," "soak 10," etc.

Anything more and you're typing too much and inciting teammates to type.

Typing too much in game is a waste of time and attention, and one of the biggest newbie mistakes.

One thing you'll notice about high mmr games is how little chat is going on during the game.
06/17/2016 01:20 PMPosted by GoodStranger
One thing you'll notice about high mmr games is how little chat is going on during the game.

that's because it isn't even necessary to chat with anyone in game at a higher level.

In a game with 1 or more crappy players who don't listen to pings? Yes it is and if they really don't cooperate or just feed then you have nothing but time to chat with them in game. You're going to lose anyways.
Why? Because you always have that moron every game that insists on grouping up no matter what. ESPECIALLY when you're three levels behind and have no hopes of winning a team fight.
Ask them. Try to help them as much as you can.