Haunted Mines

General Discussion
06/02/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Grevier
You people have no idea you're wishing for.
You're wishing for it now just because you're a kid without his ball.
Back in time, everyone was hating this snow-ball map, thati is why it is no longer here.
But of course, once a child doesn't have his toy anymore, he starts to willing it back.

I would gladly trade an improved version of Haunted Mines vs Garden of Terror...

The Map is not beyond broken. Increased size of both mines(with more than 2 entries) and map would make it perfectly viable. Syl/Tass on HM are broken on the same level if you compare it with Battlefield of Eternity or Infernal Shrines
06/02/2016 04:16 PMPosted by WIIU
this,such a broken map stayed and haunted mines got removed dont make sense to me.

You not understanding why HM was removed doesn't mean it wasn't a good reason. HM had issues that required an entire rework of the battleground for it to be a fair and balanced map with the scaling changes.

If it was simply a question of some people not liking it, it would still be here. As this thread shows, everyone has preferences. It's why they don't just go removing maps because someone doesn't like them. If they followed the advice of this thread from various posters, we would have hardly any maps (if any).

GoT is quite different than HM. It's a fine map that you just happen to not like. Some people share your opinion. Others do not. Others are indifferent.

06/02/2016 04:21 PMPosted by Rand
The Map is not beyond broken. Increased size of both mines(with more than 2 entries) and map would make it perfectly viable. Syl/Tass on HM are broken on the same level if you compare it with Battlefield of Eternity or Infernal Shrines

That was not all that was "wrong" with it. If the changes were so simple, they would have done it instead of pulling it.
We're definitely looking to rework Haunted Mines and bring it back into the Battleground pool, but the team is focused on other projects that have a higher priority right now. Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.
06/02/2016 04:33 PMPosted by Spyrian
We're definitely looking to rework Haunted Mines and bring it back into the Battleground pool, but the team is focused on other projects that have a higher priority right now. Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

Have you guys considered making it a 3v3 map and adding it to custom games like Lost Cavern?

FeelsBadMan

Haunted Mines is one of the signature maps of HoTS.. it's even the basis for the promotional pet in Wow. If you can't be bothered to work on it until then I don't know what to say..
Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

But I love an early Christmas present. =(
06/02/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Shiny

Have you guys considered making it a 3v3 map and adding it to custom games like Lost Cavern?

This would be great. They don't even need to make it custom . Just add it as a separate QM type Que to speed up the process. Custom Games MMR spreads are terrible.

I think LoL does this with a 3v3 mode called Twisted Treeline.

are you kidding me? next year?

can't you just please put it in a roster with lesser chance to get rolled and played, let's say 1 in 20 or even 1 in 50?
don't put it in HL if you think thats such a bad deal (which is not, since we have bans). QM are mostly roflstomps anyway, why not have variety while at it. just think about it for a second.....
No. Get rid of Dragon Shire.
06/02/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Nightsbane
Remove garden of terror.

NOT only bring back TERROR = powerfull monster not this weak Error
06/02/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Shiny

It's in custom games already as a 5v5. Why make it 3v3?
06/02/2016 07:07 PMPosted by Trogdaddy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This would be great. They don't even need to make it custom . Just add it as a separate QM type Que to speed up the process. Custom Games MMR spreads are terrible.

I think LoL does this with a 3v3 mode called Twisted Treeline.

They do, and on top of barely anyone playing it, it's plagued with botters.

06/03/2016 12:24 PMPosted by JKR000

It's in custom games already as a 5v5. Why make it 3v3?

Because it's trash in its current 5v5 state?
06/03/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Shiny
Because it's trash in its current 5v5 state?

If it's "trash" (it isn't; it has issues that need to be resolved since the scaling but it is not "trash"), the better solution is to fix it, not do something even more ridiculous.
TBH HM should never have been removed. The "imbalances" that were cited are much less severe than on Garden of Terror before the rework, Infernal Shrines on release (anyone remember? First punisher used to be a keep and not having either Leoric or Johanna meant pretty much a lost game...) or Battlefield of Eternity to the current day.
but it's unlikely to happen this year.

THIS YEAR?!

I remember early developer interviews saying how easy it is to add new maps to the game. I remember them saying specifically that in a year's time(which is now today) we could have an entirely different pool of maps.

This obviously did not happen. Haunted Mines has been out of rotation for months and you're saying it won't be back for at least another 6?

Why does it take a WHOLE YEAR to fix a single map?
06/03/2016 01:11 PMPosted by Vekkul
Why does it take a WHOLE YEAR to fix a single map?

For one, from the sounds of it, they made no moves to fix it initially. They just removed it from the rotations for the foreseeable future and shelved it as something they'd like to get working again.

And also, the time spent fixing up an old map is actually probably time away from making legitimately new maps. Often it's not an either/or thing, but since both are issues of map design, I'm sure it would at least slow new stuff down.

06/03/2016 01:11 PMPosted by Vekkul
I remember early developer interviews saying how easy it is to add new maps to the game.

Highly dubious that they would ever say that or that you are accurately representing what was said. They've said, and shown, that new maps do take time. Particularly the art assets.

06/03/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Tirigon
Infernal Shrines on release

Infernal Shrines on release did have two major bugs that they fixed as quickly as they could once they were identified. Mines was not something they could just quick fix a couple bugs, and it's all good.
eg: Overwatch. Why not just scrap Heroes entirely. It's definitely not worth the money I put in it nor is it worth the time anymore. As of last week, it's not even worth the hard drive space.