Haunted Mines

General Discussion
06/04/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Abom
Majority of players didnt like Haunted Mines.

Impossible to say. In every "remove this map" thread, there are people who always deride or hail pretty much every map. Was like that back when HM was in the rotation too. In the HM bashing threads you'd see plenty of people on all sides.

It was removed for this reason.

It was removed from the rotation because it had some significant issues, particularly with the scaling changes (the patch that removed it). If it just wasn't popular, they would have tweaked it to improve it's popularity.
06/02/2016 04:33 PMPosted by Spyrian
We're definitely looking to rework Haunted Mines and bring it back into the Battleground pool, but the team is focused on other projects that have a higher priority right now. Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

would it be possible for you to explain what the technical issues with this map are, and why it is so difficult to sort it out, like what did the stats changes do to make the map so unplayable?
Majority of players didnt like Haunted Mines.

i loved haunted mines, even when i got stomped by a sylvanas team who basically one shot the map i still enjoyed it as the concept was fine, and it had the most potential for a comeback of all the maps in the pool currently imho.
the concept was NOT fine. get it through your thick skulls. if you liked haunted mines, you were not only a minority, but a person with BAD TASTE.
06/04/2016 03:03 PMPosted by oboeman
The relative strength between heroes and towers/forts is all out of wack and I'm pretty sure games were consistently ending on the first golem or something like that.

So what? People complain about new GoT because games might go >30 min, so what's the issue with a map that balances that with 10 min games?

Majority of players didnt like Haunted Mines. It was removed for this reason. Even players that knew how to play it properly didnt like it - myself included. The state of maps is pretty good right now. I've been playing since Alpha.

The correct response would have been to allow everyone 1 veto that ensures they wont play that map. That way the fools who think like you can avoid Haunted Mines while sensible players remove the sh!tty garden of terror.
If timetables are so long, why aren't more/better coders being hired?
People who clearly didn't play enough mines making comments about why it was removed. It's like listening to Trump talk about HOTS maps.
It's the right call. The map needs more work before it's brought back. It was too tight and too snowbally. The two entries to the mines didn't work well. It left too much room for cheese tactice. Some heroes were too good on it. It was too easy to backdoor on it, so the team being down had no real way to get back in the game.
Haunted Mines will return

That's all I heard.
Garden is by far the worst map in the game today. Mines was far superior.

All the recent changes have done is change the use of the terror. Instead of having to chase it around the map while it rotates dropping plants and running away.... everyone now just uses the terror to force a team fight and try to get a win with the terror in PvP. Very rarely do you see a terror vs terror spawn and not have the terrors end up in the same lane in a 5v5 fight.
Look mines was fundamentally broken and scaling was the nail in its coffin and any fix to the map likely requires almost a complete rework of the map, even more so when mechanically it was a worse Battlefield of Eternity.

Also I can't blame them for fixing a broken map not taking priority over missing things such as the SciFi/StarCraft themed maps we've already been waiting a year for.
We're definitely looking to rework Haunted Mines and bring it back into the Battleground pool, but the team is focused on other projects that have a higher priority right now. Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

Boo!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously? There's time to make additional maps like Infernal Shrines or Lost Cavern, neither of which are as good as Haunted Mines. Yet there isn't time to make slight changes to get one of the best maps back in the pool? For shame :(

Hell you put the effort into making Battlefield of Eternity with was basically an inferior Haunted Mines!!
06/03/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Tirigon
TBH HM should never have been removed. The "imbalances" that were cited are much less severe than on Garden of Terror before the rework, Infernal Shrines on release (anyone remember? First punisher used to be a keep and not having either Leoric or Johanna meant pretty much a lost game...) or Battlefield of Eternity to the current day.

You dont know what the imbalances were then.
06/05/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Abom
People who clearly didn't play enough mines making comments about why it was removed. It's like listening to Trump talk about HOTS maps.

My sentiments exactly.

Ever do a PUG custom HM with these players? They still cap the mercs without timing them, defend on a 8 skull golem and fail to ban Sylvannas. Thats how much these guys don't know. All the old players are gone from this game already.