just played against iDream and k1pro...MEDIVH IS OP

General Discussion
It was weird for me to realize I was playing against two world champions who made 200,000 USD at the world championships last year, but hey, it was worth the experience.

It was my last placement match for Team league (they ranked me diamond 4 but I know I can get much better since I lost a couple due to trolling).

Of course my team got wrecked against these world champions, as I was the only one able to get kills, but I managed to score 6 kills and receiving only 2 deaths (at the end of the game when defending the core).

I was playing Tychus and I was able to outclass iDream who was playing Valla a couple of times.

The reason why they are good is not because of their actual "skill" but because of their strategy. These guys have new strategies that you never see anywhere. One on one they are good but not impossible to beat. I'd even say some of them are average. They also don't make a lot of mistakes.

Their team consisted of Valla, ChoGall, Medivh, Tassadar.

The talent of Medivh that increases the range of 50% of his portals is OP. In the Tomb of the Spider Queen we got wrecked by this talent.
Summary of this post:

"omg omg I'm so good pros so average"

"50% portal range op"
Has anyone run into koreans in US team league yet? It seems half the US grandmasters so far are korean. MVPSake from MVP Black is also GM on Europe server as well.

You silly newbs did not pick anub? You deserved to get stomped.

What is so "WOW" about camping in a stack somewhere and throwing gates into enemies to gank them? that is common sense for any half organized team.

You do realize we are a team of average guys playing against a team of world champions right? I'm very happy with my performance. We lost as a team but my personal performance was pretty good.

You didn't actually get destroyed by the world class gameplay of world class players, you got destroyed by common sense.

Actually yes we had Anub'Arak in our team with web but their team strategy was too good for us to capitalize on that.

Medivh protection on Chogall + Tassadar's shield... you know playing against the best in the world is not an easy task bro...
I don't get it, you killed a couple players and you shouting about it? Dude idream and whoever other guys is are crap, only reason they were world champions is because there was no better competition, now they've quit because they can't compete against big boys. What a joke.

So you couldn't 5v3, 2 zero dps characters and one super squishy one?

Lol, the fact they are world class doesn't explain your failure to beat them 5v3, son, post me the replay on dropbox or something to see how you got rekt by "World class gameplay".

Who are you? What rank are you right now? Grandmaster at least I hope because you seem a troll to me talking like beating the world champions should be an easy task. These guys won 200 000$ USD in a tournament.
My post will maybe do the contrast with jealous and negative people (who are Legion, even before the new extension... ;) ), but well done!
Though I'd be curious to see the replay as well.

Medivh has maybe low damages (without the rift quest enhancement and appropriate talents), but insane utility, which is the point of that hero. Cho'gall is a blast with coordinated players, mostly if the Cho is clever. Plus, individual buffs will benefit 2 players with one tap, which is an interesting tactic. Valla has enough mobility to not get caught up in the hands of a talented player.

I'm not a ranked guy by choice, as I don't like the philosophy of most players there, which is perfectly demonstrated by the few posts supra. Thus, I guess I'll get some punches as well on my supposed inexperience.

What I can legitimally say is just to not flame a guy who wants to share an experience with the community, that's counter-productive. If you keep up lads, general atmosphere of this forum will decline, as people like the OP will easily leave weary.

Have fun, everyone.
the vast majority of players only know how to choose a top tier assassin and pew pew pew, climbing ranks and then bragging about it. it's no surprise that a nuanced, hard to master hero like Medivh is so misunderstood by this largely inept player base.
06/18/2016 04:13 AMPosted by notnotdad
You didn't actually get destroyed by the world class gameplay of world class players, you got destroyed by common sense.

ignore this moron he doesn't even play the game anymore
Ceddy can you post (or PM) the replay? I would like to see this match. It seems like a fun one to watch.
medivah good in organized team with teamspeak. Really strange. fix it blizz
06/18/2016 03:29 AMPosted by MasterCeddy
It was weird for me to realize I was playing against two world champions who made 200,000 USD at the world championships last year, but hey, it was worth the experience.

It was my last placement match for Team league (they ranked me diamond 4 but I know I can get much better since I lost a couple due to trolling).

Of course my team got wrecked against these world champions, as I was the only one able to get kills, but I managed to score 6 kills and receiving only 2 deaths (at the end of the game when defending the core).

I was playing Tychus and I was able to outclass iDream who was playing Valla a couple of times.

The reason why they are good is not because of their actual "skill" but because of their strategy. These guys have new strategies that you never see anywhere. One on one they are good but not impossible to beat. I'd even say some of them are average. They also don't make a lot of mistakes.

Their team consisted of Valla, ChoGall, Medivh, Tassadar.

The talent of Medivh that increases the range of 50% of his portals is OP. In the Tomb of the Spider Queen we got wrecked by this talent.
All this proves is that the player base is soooooo low that they need to match pros with Diamond 4 players.
idream and k1pro are extremely good players and are not "average" by anyone's definition (especially yours).

Congrats on being able to kill a valla as anyone not-valla, but it was clear they were just having fun and trying new things. (Chogall medivh valla tassadar, you think this is a serious team?)

Sorry I'm being rude, but don't take down very good players down notches just to make your ego bigger.

P.S. Before you ask, yes, I am grandmaster rank.. doesn't really matter to this post though.