"General Toxicity" Silence

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
Line 2 isn't what I'd really consider toxic, but everything else is.

If those were once in a while comments, I would say the silence wasn't warranted, but it seems to be happening pretty much most games for you so I would say you were rightly silenced.
06/22/2016 02:51 AMPosted by Khan
06/22/2016 02:46 AMPosted by Facequad

Keep thinking you know what you're talking about, I know you don't and i imagine anyone with real world experience knows that too.

Yeah yeah, we people without real world experience.

Everybody knows you adress you fellow workers as "f***ing retards" all day in the "real world".

True story.

Again implying you know anything about anything, Putting words in my and others mouths. I know and don't need an uninformed forum troll to believe me that MUCH milder comments result in punishment and i choose to believe a lot of the claims that others have had the same experience. Right now im not disputing the system although i have in my own thread, But i also know from experience that being called a "!@#$ing retard" for making mistakes by your work mates in the real world is to be expected. You assume because i state this i was the "victim" well yes i was, and others, and myself using such language. Stop pretending you know everything because nobody does, I don't and am willing to concede not all workplaces are the same i just use my own experience.
06/22/2016 02:41 AMPosted by Khan
06/22/2016 02:36 AMPosted by JumpyLion

What are you talking about? In real sports, !@#$ talking is part of the game. You don't call people morons or retards but you do say things that would get you silenced in heroes of the storm. Horrible example.

Well, stop calling people morons and retards? That's kinda the point.

Seems to be a good example after all.

Conversely, pick a teammate on your sports team and start giving unsolicited advice all game. The coach will tell you to shut up or else. It is his job, not yours.

You are not the coach. You might think so, but you are just another player. Learn to shut up and play.

I don't call people morons or retards. You can't read. I am saying you can call people things in real life and it would be fine but if you said those things in the game you can get silenced.

For example, "learn to shut up and play" is abusive in heroes of the storm. Do you now see how easy it is to violate this policy? You just did it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You've never seen/heard sports players on the same team mouthing off to each other? Your example really works against you, pal.

No, it just shows that you have never been a member of a decent sports team.

Again, go tell your goalie "learn to play the game you retard" next time after the enemy team scores. Observe results.

Another poor example. The OP never said retard. He said L2P. Not retard. Why are you adding that in? Because you realize that L2P, in and of itself, is not enough to warrant a ban from hero league. So you add a real insult that he didn't use. So you agree: learn to play and the other similarly mild comments (except the one where he swore) is not valid justification for his silence.

And I was talking about real professional sports teams. Players mess up and are scolded by their teammates, who are eager to win. It's not toxicity. It's just the heat of the moment. They later make up and go back to playing normally. But they do mouth off.

If players got banned from leagues for saying "learn to shoot the ball," the sport would cease to exist shortly after that policy was put in place.
Bye bye lil toxic scum bag o/
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, it just shows that you have never been a member of a decent sports team.

Again, go tell your goalie "learn to play the game you retard" next time after the enemy team scores. Observe results.

Another poor example. The OP never said retard. He said L2P. Not retard. Why are you adding that in? Because you realize that L2P, in and of itself, is not enough to warrant a ban from hero league. So you add a real insult that he didn't use. So you agree: learn to play and the other similarly mild comments (except the one where he swore) is not valid justification for his silence.

And I was talking about real professional sports teams. Players mess up and are scolded by their teammates, who are eager to win. It's not toxicity. It's just the heat of the moment. They later make up and go back to playing normally. But they do mouth off.

If players got banned from leagues for saying "learn to shoot the ball," the sport would cease to exist shortly after that policy was put in place.

"B-but I never said anything, I just said learn to play better! And they just banned me!"

Stop with the cute act. We all know what you and your fellow mates here get banned for, and it is not the equivalent of "learn to shoot the ball". What I added in was for the sake of realism mate, because we all know you won't 'fess up to what you really said.

Here, let me give you a recent example of how it really looks like:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/20745166459

Again, if you think such behavior is acceptable anywhere, you are out of your mind.
Anyone notice it's always the same guys complaining? And when someone new joins in it's an account with less than 20 posts?

Hmm!
This shi*y community with cotton candy souls is f*cking hilarious. Another nail to the coffin. Summer comming and this game is most likely dead to me...calling someone noob or l2p is considered as "general toxicity"? F*ck this. I don't want to be part of something retarded like that. Wth is Blizzord thinking? Like are they srsly living in some f*cking bubble full of unicorns and princesses?
06/22/2016 03:52 AMPosted by Kvitko
This shi*y community with cotton candy souls is f*cking hilarious. Another nail to the coffin. Summer comming and this game is most likely dead to me...calling someone noob or l2p is considered as "general toxicity"? F*ck this. I don't want to be part of something retarded like that. Wth is Blizzord thinking?

"Blizzord" is thinking that people who find that that behaviour makes for a pleasant playing environment that encourages playing the game more are a minority. They are likely correct.
This shi*y community with cotton candy souls is f*cking hilarious. Another nail to the coffin. Summer comming and this game is most likely dead to me...calling someone noob or l2p is considered as "general toxicity"? F*ck this. I don't want to be part of something retarded like that. Wth is Blizzord thinking? Like are they srsly living in some f*cking bubble full of unicorns and princesses?

See, case in point. I bet this paragon of self control also "never says anything" to his mates.

Allow me to say, dear friend, a lot of us don't want you to be part of this community either.
The silence system in this is trash and is hurting the game.
How long it Blizzard going to keep this suppressive system in the game?

Why not just let the individual mute players he doesn't like?

An individual will play all of his games he owns- but only HOTS will be unique in that there is this hyper controlled social environment where he has to watch his language like he's in church.
I rly don't care about being silenced or not. But what amazes me is the reasoning Billzard is using.

1) Chat is essential for HL - without chat u can't participate in HL. U get silenced = u can't play HL.

2) You can manualy mute chat or any player anytime you want. You still can play HL despite the fact you have blocked chat and whole your team.

There is absolutely no logic behind this. I would be fine if Blizzard would say - not being able to play HL while silenced is a penalty for you behaviour. But he tries to feed ppl with some kind of bullsh*t reasoning which makes no sense.

Then just go. Stop crying and leave. No on, I mean NO ONE is making you stay.
06/22/2016 03:55 AMPosted by Khan

See, case in point. I bet this paragon of self control also "never says anything" to his mates.

Allow me to say, dear friend, a lot of us don't want you to be part of this community either.

I really like how you defend this supposedly anti-toxic policy by insulting anyone who complains about it. Aren't your insults the very things you are reporting in the game?
06/22/2016 04:28 AMPosted by Kvitko
I rly don't care about being silenced or not. But what amazes me is the reasoning Billzard is using.

1) Chat is essential for HL - without chat u can't participate in HL. U get silenced = u can't play HL.

2) You can manualy mute chat or any player anytime you want. You still can play HL despite the fact you have blocked chat and whole your team.

There is absolutely no logic behind this. I would be fine if Blizzard would say - not being able to play HL while silenced is a penalty for you behaviour. But he tries to feed ppl with some kind of bullsh*t reasoning which makes no sense.

Yeah, it's total crap. There was a perception among players that silenced players intentionally ruin games in HL. More than likely it was a lot of players who play poorly got yelled at by their teammates, responded back with insults, got more reports for it, and were silenced. So when they played when they were silenced they were still bad players, and the toxic players that falsely reported them wanted them out.

Many tweets and reddit posts show that that's what the community asked for.

I don't understand why these policy defenders care if the person is banned from HL. If the player is silenced, he won't ever say anything you don't like. Banning him doesn't benefit you in any way.
You either stay mute or chat long enough to become silenced.

Its Blizzards way to say "we don't want a community in hots!"
My theory is they wan't to pull players who don't like the toxicity of other moba's to the one fighting it. You can't really argue that it wouldn't be smart business wise, Helps them stand out.

A lot of us suffer for their fake crusade to gain profits and a lot follow it believing it to be righteous.

That is of course IF that theory is correct.
06/22/2016 05:14 AMPosted by ISRAELISOLJA
06/22/2016 03:55 AMPosted by Khan

I really like how you defend this supposedly anti-toxic policy by insulting anyone who complains about it. Aren't your insults the very things you are reporting in the game?

Oh, so calling him a "paragon of self control" after that stream of epithets is insulting, yes? That is suddenly insulting? Oh my. I thought you guys are all so thick-skinned and stuff?

But "l2p noobs" isn't, that's normal? People should just "accept your criticism", yeah?

The more you know.
06/22/2016 05:19 AMPosted by Fiesbert
You either stay mute or chat long enough to become silenced.

Its Blizzards way to say "we don't want a community in hots!"

<---- three active accounts, only ever turn off chat if people are being dicks, never been silenced once. Seems your theory is flawed.
06/21/2016 10:39 PMPosted by ISRAELISOLJA
06/21/2016 04:11 PMPosted by NinjaBurrito
OP and many people in this thread don't seem to realize that being a butthole is grounds for a silence.

L2P isn't constructive in any context. There's nothing the person being told to L2P to learn from there other than that they're bad. Not why they're bad.

Why does blizzard silence you for this? Because nobody wants to hear you passive aggressively raging in chat. Not the person you're supposedly helping and not your other teammates. Rather than subject more players to your ineffective and almost always pointless communication, Blizzard has decided just save everyone from having to actively mute you.

There's absolutely no reason to be a bully in a video game no matter how bad someone is. It doesn't help them, it doesn't help your team, and, is none of that matters to you, it's doesn't help you.

You don't need to be a bully to get silenced. Most of your sentences in the above quote would be considered abusive chat if you got enough reports for them. You are mocking our complaints but saying "being a butthole." I am not offended by this comment but if you said it in game, and the other players saw that you were a terrible player, they would all report you for abusive chat just to get you silenced.

The fact that you used this mildly toxic tone without worrying about it is exactly why we're here complaining. No one expects such mild language to get them banned from HL.

Here's the thing, though: I don't say stuff like that in game. It doesn't help. Telling someone L2P doesn't tell them anything EXCEPT that I'm frustrated with them. They're not going to play better. They're going to play worse.

Encourage your teammates when they do well. Tell them HOW to be better if they do something poorly, and do it without condescension. Anything else will only hurt the team and, if that team thinks you're responsible, possibly net you a few reports.

To touch on something the people defending the OP are saying, sh1ttalking is a part of sports. Yes, it is. But you have to live with the consequences in sports if you target a teammate rather than an opponent. Telling your goaltender that he sucks two or three times every game is going to come back to bite your in more than one way. The only difference here is that you get silenced instead.

And to the people saying this type of language or tone is acceptable in other mobas: it's not. People have been banned for saying "gg noobs" in league before and we saw hilarious threads like this on their old forums when it started happening there, too. They'd post the chat logs for anybody that didn't think their ban was deserved and, as it turned out, they more than deserved it every time. Be grateful that Blizzard at least lets you continue to play.