So Gul'Dan is a stock WoW warlock

Hero Feedback
Yay. So creative.
I think part of the idea with some of the WoW classes as HotS heroes is to make them mimic the WoW classes...

Jaina as a Frost Mage for example. I'm waiting to see what his talents look like before judging.

...though we basically did just get another mage hero... like... the fifth one.
Indeed he is a "stock WoW warlock". That's exactly what the great majority wanted and/or assumed he would be like because he is A WARLOCK. Shocking, isn't it?
Just dicking around in try mode he's already more fun than the mages we currently have.
07/05/2016 11:38 AMPosted by Siperos
Indeed he is a "stock WoW warlock". That's exactly what the great majority wanted and/or assumed he would be like because he is A WARLOCK. Shocking, isn't it?

Careful, those flashes of the obvious can be blinding. :)
So, you're upset that the original Warcraft II warlock was...represented as a warlock?

What did you expect, Wilfred Fizzlebang?
I mean if I had one complaint it is that there is absolutely no association with demons and a major part of his story was bargaining with them. The only way you'd know his powers are demonic in nature is to know his backstory.

Not saying he should gave been heavily pet based, but maybe -something- could gave had a visible demonic association. Maybe the rain of chaos level 20 upgrade would have some of the meteors turn into infernals? Or even just some talent names. Do any of them mention demons?
I mean to be totally honest, I think a Life Tap/Life Drain mechanic is far more suited to a Dreadlord hero (Vampiric Aura and all that), while I thought Gul'dan should be more of a brute force type/corruption Warlock.

But he kind of is the latter anyway.

Maybe the rain of chaos level 20 upgrade would have some of the meteors turn into infernals?

That'd bug me, that's something they should definitely save more for a Dreadlord.
07/05/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Migol
What did you expect, Wilfred Fizzlebang?
now you mention him he would be welcomed...