Silencing Players is Inherently Toxic

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
Yeah I know this is an old thread but I have to put in my two cents here and agree that it’s toxic. I picked up a knack for both TLV and Abathur because they were the two most hated heroes. I like getting good with most hated things in games, I do the same for fighting games. Anyways because I picked heroes that no one liked I got the whole team constantly reporting me. In my head I was like whatever I can’t be banned or silenced for choosing a hero they don’t like..... to my surprise LAST NIGHT I got a silence for a week!! A week! Just for picking Abathur!!! WTF!! The reporting system is indeed toxic.
Good to see that some of the drones haven’t changed. I knew they were %#¥£ $&¥%#*^% @&$€%¥#€ ¥%%€ and £¥¥%*#€£# €~^#%¥s.
The system overall encourages toxicity. When you provide a means for people to sabotage others they don't like, they will use it, and they will make a habit out of doing so. People don't want to be with those they have had a bad experience with, so they choose to go out on a limb and submit their reports in hopes they will get silenced/suspended and they won't have to deal with them again.

Reporting people you dont like for doing things you dont like has become standard operating procedure.

It's a highly abused system that causes more harm than good and it just needs to go.

We didnt have it on Battle.net 1.0, and we didn't need it either.
Are there any PvP games in 2018 that aren't toxic?
09/25/2018 03:47 PMPosted by SpiritSoul
Yeah I know this is an old thread but I have to put in my two cents here and agree that it’s toxic. I picked up a knack for both TLV and Abathur because they were the two most hated heroes. I like getting good with most hated things in games, I do the same for fighting games. Anyways because I picked heroes that no one liked I got the whole team constantly reporting me. In my head I was like whatever I can’t be banned or silenced for choosing a hero they don’t like..... to my surprise LAST NIGHT I got a silence for a week!! A week! Just for picking Abathur!!! WTF!! The reporting system is indeed toxic.

Yeah im sure it was strictly a hero pick basis from a guy that necros a 2 year old thread... Yeah no troll here.... honest guy playing an honest game getting screwed by the man.... yep totally see it.
Dayum this was a time back when Draco had respect ! So many people not making fun of the dude ! What happened ? Did people start getting caught up in the report non-sense ?

Oh wait I almost forgot :

09/23/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Draco
I'm actually for torture in prison.