Guide to Blackheart's Bay

General Discussion
I'm going to keep this short and simple, but it surprises me how few people understand how to play this map.

• Draft a solo jungler for camps. Illidan, Sonya, Thrall, Greymane, Sylvanas, and Zagara are best
  • Never commit to an engagement at turn in without an advantage. If you don't have one more person or a talent tier, you don't need to be there, especially if they don't have enough coins for a full turn in
  • Seriously, it's okay if they get a turn in when they're ahead, as long as you soak and get camps. Whats not okay is contesting every turn in when you're down and feeding them every single one of your coins repeatedly.
  • If you time your mercs right, they'll have to react to the merc push right when you go to turn in, so you'll have an easy 4v5 or non-contested turn in
  • If you're ahead, don't get fancy. Get their forts down, control the middle of the map so you can get both coin camps up top and the Knight camp on bot. Only take their mercs if you just wiped them or can steal from their jungler with an ambush.
  • Don't try push down a keep unless you have your whole team there and merc support. There's way too many ways for them to ambush you from another direction.

• That's it. This map is by far the most simple in strategy and the easiest to snowball while ahead. All you need to do is follow these rules and not get sucked into bad engages. Get ahead, stay ahead, win the game easily.
    Good post.

I would add.

1) Get coin-free structure damage whenever you can.
    2) the boss on this map is weak. Never die for it, never let it touch your keep/core, never teamfight over it.
    3) The boss is nice if you can get it unopposed, +2 coins & maybe a chance for point #1 if the opposing team makes a second mistake.
    07/20/2016 09:37 PMPosted by MilkMansSon
    Good post.

I would add.

1) Get coin-free structure damage whenever you can.
    2) the boss on this map is weak. Never die for it, never let it touch your keep/core, never teamfight over it.
    3) The boss is nice if you can get it unopposed, +2 coins & maybe a chance for point #1 if the opposing team makes a second mistake.

I disagree with #2. The boss is weak, but like other throw pits, it is absolutely a good place to catch and try and teamwipe your enemy if you can get there in time. And as an addendum to #1, learning how much structure damage a cannonball does is helpful, so that you don't do some damage to a fort, then end up spending the same number of cannonballs on it anyway because it had 20 too much health to be killed without the extra shot.
    More people need to read this.