Whats the the long que times

Aus/NZ General Discussion
literally 90% of games if I can get in under 5 minutes its a surprise, 10 minute wait times for a ranked is not uncommon.

Is this game unpopular in SEA/Ocean region? because on dota2 I can get a game in about 10 seconds.
Playerbase in our respective region is pretty low :(.

Offtopic:
How is your connection when you end up playing in the Singapore server tho?
What rank are you as well?
A 10 second game in dota2.. Sure thats Aussie?
Because when I played Dota2 I was getting games fast but hardly saw an Aussie in it.

Sadly hots doesn't get the attention it deserves I think.
with no marketing and paid for heros over dota truly F2P model.

If this game has DOTA name and all free heroes with paid skins would have 4x as many players.

and would thus make more money but they only interested in immediate money figures. Wish they would advertise a little too.
09/26/2016 04:59 PMPosted by RiCHiE

Sadly hots doesn't get the attention it deserves I think.
with no marketing and paid for heros over dota truly F2P model.

If this game has DOTA name and all free heroes with paid skins would have 4x as many players.

and would thus make more money but they only interested in immediate money figures. Wish they would advertise a little too.

They sued for the name, but they lost.

Trust, there are very few ppl in LoL and dota that have never heard/tried this game. Most of those players didn't like the design decisions one way or another and went back to their respective games.

I guess you could advertise to pull players completely new to the moba genre, but even dota/LoL do not directly advertise.
Yeah, the long queue times are off-putting when you don't have a lot of time to spare.
And is there anything particularly wrong with the unranked draft matchmaking???
Because I haven't matched a game in unranked in over 3 months.
I keep trying.... but the waiting time goes beyond 10 mins every time.
So I switch to quick match and get one in 2 mins tops.

Ranked is also decent, 5-10mins As stated above ^ .... But why is unranked so unforgiving?
Dead game
IMO they need to do a better job of advertising ppl queued or estimated queue times for each mode... also maybe in australia they could lock out certain modes.. .like unranked draft as there is no one queueing for that. Perhaps team league? Maybe open the brawls for smaller durations...
The wait times are A massive problem (600sec+ every game). Ontop of this because of the low RANKED pool in AU servers your rank is very random. It only takes 1 miss ranked player to throw a game. As pool is so small these people sometimes get carryed up to higher ranks ust by axcident as the keep occuring in the same game over and over.

I will be foreced to go back to DOTA2 for ranked play if it remains like this.

Less players make Less players.
I know this sucks.. but I think unranked should be disabled for AU/NZ and Brawl should be open for limited days. It would help to redistribute our users into the QM and HL queues. Maybe even remove 5 man vs AI queue. At least until the user base in AU/NZ grows a bit.
Literally having 10 min ques then the searching is stopped and cancelled into another 10 min Que then someone left at last minute now at over 10 mins waiting for the Que to pop again.
Diamond 1 / Master rank this is a bloody joke waiting this long.
Games broken because of thee !@#$test match making system implemented in any of these genre games.
i'm also running into over 10 minute queue times quite regularly. I hope onto the game and just want to be able tom play almost straight away . These long queue times are whats stopping me from investing money into the hereos. I just dont know if i can trust the longevity of a game with queue times like these.
I'm a low rank player (gold / silver) and I stil get 10min q's. Hell I've had a q with 3000 seconds. I believe this game has far superior gameplay compared to the LoL / HoN / DoTA with actually map objectives and such.. There must be a way to reduce ping for us to get on us servers?
We just sat in a que for 2000 seconds (33 minutes)

Changed out a player and beginning round 2.

We are also all around the same rank, Silver/gold for TL

I feel punished for queing ranked with friends.. this issue needs to be fixed.
I just moved to Australia and I am playing HOTS from the beginning at Europe.
I guess all of this is just related with the number of Aussie players. In Europe I start a quick and unranked match between 40-100 sec. At weekends just 40-50 sec. Ranked is taking a few minutes (3-4).
Some time ago unranked was taking very very long but I guess last 1 year number of player increased so it is much faster.

So I think Blizzard must do something about this region thing. I cant wait 5 min for quick(!) match so I just play with AI currently. Also there is this stupid lag issue that I have here....
I feel that blizzard need to shut down quickmatch in our region.

Unranked should be our lowest level of play. You can get team comps that make sense and heroes that suit the map (no more Vikings on haunted mines).

I don't really get why people like QM tbh i know it lets you play the hero you want but does that really justify losing the game to a draft you have no say in?
Agreed, remove QM and make UR draft the default casual level of play
Like some other games, it would be nice if they showed how many people are playing hots, even per region if possible