Braxis Holdout Feedback

Battleground Feedback
Noobs struggle on this map so they're going to neuter the Zerg. They already can barely push a gate down. Next they will probably nerf the Archangle because it hurts their feelings.
09/23/2016 07:44 AMPosted by Dis
Noobs struggle on this map so they're going to neuter the Zerg. They already can barely push a gate down. Next they will probably nerf the Archangle because it hurts their feelings.
Weither you like it or not, weither you are a noob or not.....whatever you are. 1 thing is clear on this map! It's quite a snowballing map. That is why ALSO Blizzard has data showing it doesn't hit quite the mark.

Therefore changes must be made.

Personally I would've seen it in the amount of time it takes to get to a 100% but we'll see how this works.

1 thing is clear though. This map does need a few adjustments.Which adjustments are the best? Only time will eventually tell.
09/23/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Extatica
1 thing is clear on this map! It's quite a snowballing map.

No it's not. This is just a common misconception on these forums.
holy hell that i hate this map...so sad. i was happy about the music and all ...

glad that blizzard will tweak
This map is superbly unbalance.
The team that has better teamfight in the early-game will win the game.
This map has no turning point and ruin HotS.
No matter which patch improving this map, just remove this map away. Playing this map is waste of time.
Huanted mine is much better than this map. Return that map to QM and remove this.
To release a map like this nullifies any reason they had for removing Haunted Mines. It's ludicrous. I've never had a problem with any of the updates they released, but this has been terrible.

Another key difference is with Haunted Mines you had 1 Golem coming at you that could be easily focused, by towers and heroes. In Braxis, you have a swarm that just eats up tower ammunition and is impossible to focus down on. Give us Haunted Mines back instead of this garbage.
I agree that the boss needs to go. I also thinking the merc camps need double or triple the time to respawn. As it is if you're behind after the first push you should probably pack up and go home. The beacons need to be something you HAVE to stand and activate. This should be a team battle situation instead of what it is. If it were more tenuous the charging would take longer. Throw in an Azmodan or Xul during a merc or Zerg push and you're at the core on the first wave. I generally like the map (I like mines better) but it needs tweaking to make it more of a challenge.
09/22/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Trikslyr
We're not quite hitting the results we were aiming for with Braxis Holdout. In an upcoming patch, we'll be reducing the strength of the Swarm in early-game and mid-game. We'll also be increasing the strength of the Swarm in late-game.

Hopefully the pushing power of the swarm will feel more manageable after the update.

you kidding right now you are noticing its a bad map? before you released it you had to know its was bad.even in ptr players warned you.but all that was to make some cash for kerrigan skin.
It feels like whoever gets Morales wins the first beacons and then wins the game because it snowballs that hard.
09/23/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Dis
09/23/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Extatica
1 thing is clear on this map! It's quite a snowballing map.

No it's not. This is just a common misconception on these forums.

I'm either winning 17:13 or losing 13:17, that's about 15 minutes. Last match I gained 41k xp.
My feelings are not hurt as I have 5 wins and 4 losses (up from 5:3).

The issues are described quite well. You don't really want to engage with 2-3 levels or just a talent tier down (on any map). Also, some heroes/combinations are better at turreting than others.

The usual scenario: One team gains a slight advantage of 7 and/or has a better comp, easily manages a 100%-20% and while the opposition recovers and deals with the zerg, both top and bottom walls are lost.

On most maps we have the option to spread out for xp, or even successfully poke. This map is so small that any attempt to poke results in certain death. If I see that we lose the objective and try to poke (get a tower) to make up for xp lost at the objective, I'm killed in up to 5 seconds (the objectives are so close to their lane).
09/22/2016 11:39 AMPosted by xIXsTaCKsXix
the siege camp needs to be buffed. the goliath and raven one is much stronger in lane

The hellbats seem to be only there to eat shots, the goliaths/raven (especially the raven) knock things down.
Hey, at least it isn't like how Infernal Shrines was at release.
We're not quite hitting the results we were aiming for with Braxis Holdout. In an upcoming patch, we'll be reducing the strength of the Swarm in early-game and mid-game. We'll also be increasing the strength of the Swarm in late-game.

Hopefully the pushing power of the swarm will feel more manageable after the update.

I think this is obvious to everyone so meanwhile remove from Rank? I wonder the win-rate for the team who wins first wave is not more than 80% :)
This map is medicore at best, that's why I don't like the idea of reduced map pool. I love gardens, immortals and dragon map.
09/23/2016 01:33 AMPosted by zlajo
Not to mention that global prsence heroes ( dehaka/ falstad) heroes got such an advantage on this map that it is not healthy at all.
But it is healthy on maps like Dragon Shrine, Towers of Doom, Sky Temple and Cursed Hollow?

As for the upcoming balance changes to the map:
In an upcoming patch, we'll be reducing the strength of the Swarm in early-game and mid-game. We'll also be increasing the strength of the Swarm in late-game.
Not sure if this is the best kind of change.

A few days ago I had a match in Braxis Holdout and the enemy got their first zerg swarm to 100% to the top lane. We stopped the swarm and defended our structures with ease and the swarm couldn't even take down our towers and walls. Later at mid-late game or so they got their swarm to 100% to our top lane again and this time they got the wall down. But not the fort. Not even close.

So if we could defend two 100% zerg swarms on the same lane twice THAT easily without losing practically anything each time how easy is it going to be after these nerfs to the early- and mid game zerg swarms?
This is still by far the worst !@#$ing map you guys have ever made. Completely %^-*ing one sided matches always. This map is about to make me quit playing altogether.
The map is quite ok, but yea, not sure about the snowball.

I think the Zerg meter fills up too fast. Also it is too easy to lose a point if you are not guarding it. But you can't guard, if you are needed on the other point. So for example:

- I sit on bottom and the enemy has top
- 2 our members are at top vs 3 theirs
- (2 our members are counting)
- I go to top to help
- Before I get to top, my team members at top wipe
- Meanwhile we lose bottom
- Their Zerg meter starts filling
- I try to go back to bottom to stop the meter
- The meter is half for them
- I wipe at bottom
- They get Zerg meter full

Didn't you guys play test it or put it on the PTR or something?