delete Quickmatch

General Feedback
And again ... ended up in another not only unwinable matchup but also unplayable matchup. The generated matchups are so extremely one sided that the whole mode is a farce.

And it isnt even viable for taking a quick look at heroes, trying to learn them. The matchups are so extremely strange and stupid that you cant play heroes or learn them anyway. For example I just had a Kerrigan without cleanse in my team, no tank, no CC and no poke versus a team with huge poke and CC AND burst.

You cant learn heroes in a mode where you have to adjust your playstyle so much from the "normal" playstyle you need to bring to the table to play the specific heroe in scenarios where you would actually pick him.

In addition most people are bad at drafting anyway. So delete quick match, make non ranked draft the basic mode. Matchup quality would at least improve slightly while people would be confrontated earlier with the draft mode and learning to draft.

It also would help to decrease the frustration players have with HOTS. You think "well ... give quick match another try"... you search for a quick match, end up in an extremely unfunny game you cant play anyway but you also cant leave. Well ... then you try to get those !@#$ty 20 minutes over just to go offline with the feeling of HOTS being an extremely bad game. Even though its irrational since the game alone is fine, just the matchmaking is bad but still you cant protect yourself from having a bad taste after you were forced to waste 20 minutes of your life because you cant leave the quick match that is extremely bad.
Alright. But tell me; where are the people who purchased their heroes be it with in-game gold or real money are going to play their heroes with 100% guarantee that they can play what they paid for? At any time they want. And no. Not against bots because we all know how "challenging" they're.

One of the reasons why I think the current business model was a mistake, besides being one of the most if not THE most expensive ones in all MOBAs, is because Quick Match must exist. It's sh*t. It's pure sh*t. Simple as that. Why people play it? Because it's "quick" but most of all because people can play whatever they want there. And they should considering they PAID for the hero with either real money or in-game gold they had to spend time on to grind.
The only thing that sucks in QM are the mirror games.

Other than that, it is the perfect place to enjoy the game with no pressure and even have fun experimenting with weird team comps.

Seriously? Anybody really cries a river when they lose a QM game? Well, they are morons if they do.
09/23/2016 10:17 PMPosted by RobotNinja
Other than that, it is the perfect place to enjoy the game with no pressure and even have fun experimenting with weird team comps.
Pffft! Sure.

09/23/2016 10:17 PMPosted by RobotNinja
Seriously? Anybody really cries a river when they lose a QM game? Well, they are morons if they do.
Crying or not the fact that the mode is pure garbage still stands.
How did you determine whether the garbage was, in fact, pure? How does one measure the purity of garbage? What were your methods?
QM exists for the following reasons:

1. To allow players to choose a character for PVP with no pressure to change for the sake of comps.
2. To be able to play any character for PVP, since they can not be locked out by already being picked or being banned.

There is no other pvp mode where people can do that.
09/25/2016 09:35 AMPosted by Grimmig
QM exists for the following reasons:

1. To allow players to choose a character for PVP with no pressure to change for the sake of comps.
2. To be able to play any character for PVP, since they can not be locked out by already being picked or being banned.

There is no other pvp mode where people can do that.

then they shouldn't be playing a team based strategy game

There are plenty of shooters and other simple action games for people like that
I agree, Quick Match should be changed to Unranked.
At first I disagreed with you, but if you really think about it, hero selection is important in this game. You can't just add a bunch of heroes together and make them work. You need to work together with your team to select something that will work. By leaving quick match in the game, people think they can go to draft matches and play whatever they want, making the entire team suffer the whole match and eventually end up losing.

I've had draft matches, where people had no regards to hero selection. They picked heroes that weren't part of the meta, nor did they consider counters or synergies. 95% of the time, you know you're going to lose before the game starts. This isn't being toxic, this is being logical. That 5% requires an excessive amount of effort which usually ends up being meaningless at the end. That's a toxic experience and makes people take long breaks from the game.
09/23/2016 03:42 PMPosted by Siperos
Alright. But tell me; where are the people who purchased their heroes be it with in-game gold or real money are going to play their heroes with 100% guarantee that they can play what they paid for? At any time they want. And no. Not against bots because we all know how "challenging" they're.

One of the reasons why I think the current business model was a mistake, besides being one of the most if not THE most expensive ones in all MOBAs, is because Quick Match must exist. It's sh*t. It's pure sh*t. Simple as that. Why people play it? Because it's "quick" but most of all because people can play whatever they want there. And they should considering they PAID for the hero with either real money or in-game gold they had to spend time on to grind.

The problem is that they balanced heroes for teams rather than as individuals for fair fights... so the situation the OP described is horrible.

But if they were to calibrate the heroes to be almost all equals... then the game would be a lot more fun to play! I mean, it's a video game so choice should be a mechanic, right? I would love to be able to choose any hero I want to play, get into a quick match and just enjoy it!

But nope, too much focus on team to the point of making this a nightmare to play...
09/26/2016 06:04 AMPosted by EmeraldTBoa
But if they were to calibrate the heroes to be almost all equals... then the game would be a lot more fun to play! I mean, it's a video game so choice should be a mechanic, right? I would love to be able to choose any hero I want to play, get into a quick match and just enjoy it!

It`s not really a "bad heroes" vs "strong heroes"-issue. It`s more of a "teamdependent heroes"-issue. Some heroes do fine in QM because their kit allows it. Thrall for example has ranged poke,selfheal and a decent healthpool. He can work somehow in every comp.

=> Play heroes like that and you have a high chance of fun in QM.

Heroes like Valla basically can`t leave their base with less than 90% health if there is a nova. Or they arrive with 50% hp if they find 2-3 abamines on the way. W/o support they basically can`t fight in certain scenarios

=> if you want to play a hero that isn`t playable w/o tank/support, get a friend/ask in chat and duoQ/tripleQ with someone and switch roles after each game if the other guys don`t want to spam support/tank.
It's NOT for a 'quick look at heroes,' that's what PRACTICE is for and means. The QUICK refers to not having to draft, nothing else is different.