Hotfix Patch Notes - 09/29/2016

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
We're releasing a Hotfix patch in all regions tomorrow to address a few live bugs and to apply the following balance changes to Zarya:

Stats:
  • Increased Basic Attack damage from 20 to 24
  • Increased Base Health from 2225 to 2336
  • Increased Base Health Regen from 4.64 to 4.87

• Abilities:
      Particle Grenade (Q)
    • Increased base damage from 62 to 74
    • Personal Barrier (W)
    • Cooldown reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
    • Energy (Trait)
    • Energy decay rate reduced from 3 to 1.5 per second
    • Graviton Surge (R)
    • Cooldown reduced from 120 to 100 seconds

Developer Comments: We like the way Zarya is playing on live, but her impact is currently lower than we’d like. Her damage is too low and we feel that the rate at which her Energy decays is too quick, so we have adjusted them and will keep an eye on her.

Bug Fixes:
    Chen: Fixed an issue causing Chen’s Pressure Point talent to also double the duration of Keg Smash’s slow.
    Chen: Fixed an issue that caused Chen’s Elemental Conduit talent to grant more attack speed than intended while the Fire spirit was alive.
    E.T.C: Fixed an issue preventing E.T.C. from gaining stacks of Prog Rock when gathering Regen Globes.
    Sonya: Fixed an issue that prevented Ancient Spear from stunning and dealing damage if used while rooted.

You can find the full patch notes here.
    Highly Rated
    Well, that was fast.
    Highly Rated
    This has to be a record for quickest buffs to a new Hero.
    That's prett much what I was expecting.
    Whoa, that hás to be the most undertuned hero ever, since they never released a buff só fast.
    leaver penalty bug, fix it please.
    Not surprised about the buff, everyone I've come across says she's the worst char in the game. I've not seen her used once.
    Wow...Not even 48 hours after release. Good work.
    TBH this hero is pretty strange overall. It's strange for a ranged warrior to have so much health. Would make more sense to buff her shields first. She had more health than, Anub'arak, even before this buff. You could argue, "but Anub, has mobility", except so does Muradin, and he has more health than Anub too.

I think if you wanted her to be a ranged character, maybe the grenade should have been her auto attack, and the beam should have been her Q. I get that you were trying to keep her close to overwatch though, but her role is still very confusing. And she kind of just does what a bunch of other heroes already do, just with less of the utility than they have.

I feel like they should just embrace that's Zarya's a bruiser, and just make her like a Supporty-Sonya, with lots of damage, and lower health than other heroes, but damage mitigation for her and her allies instead of the crowd control that Sonya has.
    09/28/2016 05:37 PMPosted by koloke
    leaver penalty bug, fix it please.

+1
    After watching Brawl with the Blues and seeing trik losing. We decided to buff Zarya.
    Well hey, look at that.

Higher base damage, higher Particle Grenade damage, lower Energy decay, and a bit more health. Those changes look awfully familiar!

Now if Blizzard will just take the leap with the Energy trait and make it +100% with a bit more base damage to compensate....ah well. I'll settle for being right in predicting 4/5 of the upcoming changes. :p
    worst hero released until today...
    Good to see she will get some buffs quick instead of the usual 2 weeks-grace period. Although that really speaks volume of how poorly designed and tuned she came to live.

Shield Ally will probably need a CD reduction too, instead of having to rely on that quest talent for it. Right now Zarya's shields are only a bit bigger than Tassadar's shields, while having over double the cooldown; and Tassadar's damage does not depend so massively from them being used in a 3 second window.
    Good job. Especially the slower rate of energy decay is needed. It felt it was draining way too fast.
    Please fix Leoric's globe talent (Reanimation).
    09/28/2016 05:34 PMPosted by Sharp
    Well, that was fast.

Yea probably cause first thing I did was asking if its going to take two weeks again or month again. :D
    09/28/2016 06:05 PMPosted by CriticKitten
    Well hey, look at that.

Higher base damage, higher Particle Grenade damage, lower Energy decay, and a bit more health. Those changes look awfully familiar!

Now if Blizzard will just take the leap with the Energy trait and make it +100% with a bit more base damage to compensate....ah well. I'll settle for being right in predicting 4/5 of the upcoming changes. :p

Yea that is exactly what I thought would help. Reasonable damage baseline, more damage if you get hit a lot (so good reason to NOT hit her) but she wouldnt be useless even if not hit at all.
    Brightwing Unfurling Spray bug fix please!!
    09/28/2016 06:21 PMPosted by Mescalamba
    Yea that is exactly what I thought would help. Reasonable damage baseline, more damage if you get hit a lot (so good reason to NOT hit her) but she wouldnt be useless even if not hit at all.
    That was pretty much my reasoning behind it, too. Her base figures were just too low, which made her too dependent on her energy trait to function properly. These changes should help to address those issues to some degree.

Original DPS @ Lvl 20 with 0 Energy: 175.29 (less than Rexxar)
    New DPS @ Lvl 20 with 0 Energy: 212.45 (about the same as Tyrael)

Original HP @ Lvl 20: 4875 (about 100 higher than The Butcher)
    New HP @ Lvl 20: 5118 (now a hair lower than Sonya's HP)