Zarya Balance Hotfix - 09/30/2016

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
We’ve just deployed a hotfix in order to apply the following change to Zarya, Defender of Russia:

Zarya
    Energy (Trait)
  • Energy decay rate increased from 1.5 to 2.5 per second
..That's it?
Highly Rated
fastest changes i have ever seen to a single hero 3 days in a row, lol
i just bought her with gold..Nuuuuuu
Hey, at least they're watching and tweaking. Sweeping changes kinda put her in the place she was in a few minutes ago.

Give her some time.
Honestly 3 was way too fast, I felt 1.5 too slow. I was kind of thinking 2, but we'll see how 2.5 works.
you mean from 1.5 to 2.5 points second?
So energy decay is allllllmost back to the pre-buff level. Hahahahahhaha.

Oh well, at least she has a little more health and base attack power now.
I think this is a good thing. If she needs to be buffed again, maybe buff her base energy gain to promote counter-play.
Well that quick.

Do you intend to do quick tunings like this for future heroes? Because i actually like it.
Well, unexpected but welcome. GJ there.

09/30/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Seph
..That's it?

It might actually be enough. The reason Zarya was so gamebreaking OP is that you could stay above 75 energy (which means resistant and cooldown reduction in addition to the damage, i. e. her powerzone) was ridiculously easy. Now it will still be easy for good players but no longer be guaranteed.

I expect her to be T1 for sure, but probably no longer a guaranteed win.
09/30/2016 03:54 PMPosted by LiarSona

A *lot* more. Her base damage was increased by 20%.

5% is a significant damage buff, 20% is huge. Plus a health buff and ~17% decrease on her W CD and her graviton CD.

It was still probably the biggest buff we've seen even with the large back step on energy decay.
I just bought her with gold :'(
Oh she's still plenty good, still overall better than her initial release.

But with the higher decay rate, it will be difficult to use Born in Battle and Endurance training.
They keep adjusting Zarya but nothing is done about the constant "You've been disconnected" crap and the drops in draft that give you leaver and a 10 minute queue
09/30/2016 03:54 PMPosted by LiarSona

Yeah considering all the buffs she got, she's in a much more manageable state. I'm a little alarmed at how she got out so buffed tho. No testing?
pro tip, don't hit zarya's shields
09/30/2016 03:59 PMPosted by zagreus
A *lot* more. Her base damage was increased by 20%.

5% is a significant damage buff, 20% is huge. Plus a health buff and ~17% decrease on her W CD and her graviton CD.

It was still probably the biggest buff we've seen even with the large back step on energy decay.

Money money money... so bad sales, need BUUUUUFFFFFF
Thank God
the time at which decay starts should be adjusted a bit, starts way too fast