Warhead Junction is pretty bad

Battleground Feedback
it's too easy to deploy nukes. it should take just as long to deploy nukes as it takes to pick up the nukes.
09/29/2016 12:08 PMPosted by KareemKambri
it's too easy to deploy nukes. it should take just as long to deploy nukes as it takes to pick up the nukes.

Shh, its still 100 times better than braxis holdout or Towers of doom. Don't complain or they'll make it just like those two.
i think Braxis Holdout and Towers of Doom are better than Warhead Junction in their current states.

Braxis Holdout is like Dragon Shire, and Towers of Doom is kind of like Cursed Hollow. I just wish Towers of Doom had only central capture points, not capture points on either side of the team (that way it made it so that each time the team would have to contest the capture no matter what).
I like warhead junction a lot. The objective is very casual which is refreshing.
The map is not very fun since if they get a few more nukes then you do you start to lose because you start to lose out a lot of exp then the snowball expands exponentially
@Nuhrii I totally agree. the nukes are extremely strong too
I'll take any excuse for them to cut Garden of Terror for any length of time.

But with the map being bigger then Cursed Hollow...I'm not sure I like it. I don't know a lot about the objective's numbers, but I don't like that they insta kill the healing fountains. It just feels really clunky in comparison to their more recent changes to healing fountains, mount speed, and the global presence meta.
Both new maps are EXTREMELY snowballish. But warhead is just awful. It is way too big a map. You spend the whole time isolated on islands or running around lane to lane. Shocked to see dehaka isn't the top hero either
Both of the new maps are the worst maps they've made. I hate both of them. The objectives are way too strong on both of them.
Nukes totally dominated this one.
I hardly ever seen anyone trying to capture mercenaries here.
Maybe bribed or sth like that, but otherwise noone cares anymore. Due to lvl gap given by early launches it not worth of time. After second wave it is just easy pushing base with 'accidental' kills made upon defenders.

Maybe lowering area of nukes or at least making them do gradual damage like current one in center but less when closing to border of area would balance it a little?

I was wondering as well if making less spawns of nukes would be balancing as well, but it would need some redo of whole system:

1. I believe that nukes spawn (like obj. in most of maps I guess) in procedural way, I mean their order of spawning seems constant
> Why not randomize it? it would probably raise some adrenaline

2. Nuke spawn warning time is quite long
> Shorting it would (as well) raise the pressure on the battleground

As is, this map (cause to cannonball effect) gives one of the shortest match times if not the shortest one.

Ah, one last thing. Not sure it's from defending stance or it's a bug but Elite AI doesn't seem to use nukes at all.
Just holding for players to take them. And sometimes AI seems that doesn't know what to do (whether go top lane or middle one) when carrying bomb moving few millimeters forth and back.
Braxis has received the love it needed, it works fine now. But this map doesn't. I get the design philosophy, more laning less 5v5's and more small fights all over the map. But the map is too big for the amount of nukes / mercs that are available. Towers of Doom works with 3 channel objectives because the distance is relatively small, this map is just too big.

Yes you get less 5v5's but not in any kind of a balanced way. This map favors roaming compositions so heavily it is pretty much unplayable in quick match. When drafting with players who understand the map this might not be such a big issue but otherwise it is. In QM no supp / no warrior composition (which happens a lot) the team with the most stealth/mobile assassins has pretty much already won the game before it starts. You roam to get a kill on someone who channels and mob up the rest of the enemy team + all the nukes + all camps straight after and its almost gg.

I understand the purpose of this map is to have a more brawly feel to it but its just not working out within the HOTS meta gameplay. Focused objectives and the tactics involved in them are what makes this game stand out, Warhead Junction feels like a regular team death match game as it is currently stands. Limiting the amount of nukes and possible removing one boss would be a good to place to start imo.
First thing that needs to happen is the nuke cast needs to be interruptible, or the target painting time needs to be MUCH longer so there is actually a risk for going out there to launch the nukes. Right now it's press F for free damage and there really isn't any risk behind it.
10/08/2016 07:28 AMPosted by LegioUrsa
First thing that needs to happen is the nuke cast needs to be interruptible, or the target painting time needs to be MUCH longer so there is actually a risk for going out there to launch the nukes. Right now it's press F for free damage and there really isn't any risk behind it.

i totally agree with @LegioUrsa. the cast time to launch a nuke is WAY too short. there's no risk in launching a nuke. WAY too snowbally. every game i've played last lasted around 14 minutes. the bosses are way too overpowered too by the way.

I also don't like how a player can't hold more than one nuke.

as for Braxis Holdout, I love it. I don't think it's snowbally at all. It's like Battlefield of Eternity because the boss keeps switching sides, so there is no bias on taking down a single keep. also, if you get a wave clear hero on your team it shouldn't be a problem.

I hate when 4 nukes spawn on Warhead junction, it just seems way too hectic. and once again, the cast time on launching the nuke is just silly. i think there is a penalty for getting hit though, no?