Blizzard, something new please

Battleground Feedback
While the maps look beautiful, and are all fun to play. They still seem repetitive. Either hold a beacon like structure for x seconds and then get a buff, or capture this or capture that. They all revolve around the same teamfight based gameplay.

It would be nice to see some more diverse maps, with Objectives that change as the game progresses. Perhaps a map with various spellbooks lying around that offer smaller bonuses rather than large bonuses that are decided by teamfights.

Braxis holdout is literally like dragon shrine but worse. There could have been various beacons that add certain types of zerg to the holding pen - some zerg could hunt out heroes, others would push lanes. At least the dragon knight adds a fun twist with new abilities. Hautned mines is fun with the tunnels and different layers to the map.

I guess my point is that all of the maps are so rigid and while the objectives do add diversity from the classic moba, if it is too rigid then it makes no difference really. More complex maps basically.
They created Towers of Doom which has radically different mechanics than the other maps and people tend to complain about that map moreso than any other one (at least before Braxis Holdout was released).
i like the spell book idea. i like your idea of creating smaller objectives. and yes, i do miss haunted mines :'(
I thought of something like that, that would be a Hearthstone-based map where you collect mana crystals and turn them in for cards that either summon mercenary/boss-like creatures or cause spell effects.
10/01/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Kayube
I thought of something like that, that would be a Hearthstone-based map where you collect mana crystals and turn them in for cards that either summon mercenary/boss-like creatures or cause spell effects.

id pay money for this
Hautned mines is fun with the tunnels and different layers to the map.

Yea, Haunted mines was fun, because there was different layer. There is no other tunnel map.
Still here waiting for a PlayLoad map...