[Hero Concept] Imperius, Archangel of Valor

Hero and Skin Suggestions
"Imperius, the Archangel of Valor, is the greatest warrior in all of creation. He revels in war and combat and has led the hosts of Heaven to innumerable victories. With Malthael's absence, it is Imperius who now rules over the Angiris Council, seeking always to defend the High Heavens from any foe."
— Selathiel, writing on Imperius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roles: Warrior / Assassin

Combat Trait

[D]Embodiment of Valor - Up to two allied Heroes that are the closest to you, have the duration of all crowd control effects on them reduced by 0.25 seconds, and take 5% less damage from all sources.
Additionally, your abilities mark enemies with Righteous Fire that can be activated through basic attacks that deal light damage and slow the afflicted targets by 25% for 1 second. This effect cannot happen more than once on one Hero every 2 seconds.

Basic Abilities

[Q] Solarion's Joust - Hurl your spear at target location in a line, damaging enemies along the way and lowering the amount of damage it does for each target hit up to a cap of 40%, 5-10%(not sure yet) for each enemy hit. Striking enemy Heroes with this grants you 15% movement speed for 1 second, and can be refreshed. Reactivating this effect will recall your spear to you, behaving the same way, but not granting movement speed for enemy Heroes.
Passive: With Solarion in hand, your basic attack damage is increased by 50%, but your attack speed is reduced by 30%. Upon throwing your spear, your attacks become ranged and do 50% less damage, but attack 30% faster.
10 Second Cooldown, 50 Mana Cost

[W] Zealous Rend - Sweep from left to right with your spear, doing light damage initially and building up to tremendous damage at the end of the radius. Enemy Heroes who are caught by the end effect become stunned for 0.75 seconds. Upon using this, you become vulnerable, taking 25% more damage for 1.5 seconds. Double damage to non-Heroic targets.
8 Second Cooldown, 60 Mana Cost

[E] Purifying Flame
- Channel searing flames through Solarion at target enemy, dealing medium splash damage and piercing through. Each pierce increases the damage by 10%, up to a maximum of 30%. Heroes hit by this will be vulnerable to Imperius by 25% for 1.5 seconds.
This ability can only be used on enemy heroes recently affected by three Basic Attacks, Basic Abilities, or Heroic Abilities.
4 Second Cooldown, 65 Mana Cost
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heroic Abilities

[R#1] Valorous / Glorious Descent - Launch yourself after channeling for 1.5 seconds to descend on target location, dealing medium damage, and create consecrated ground / holy arena where you land. Heroes (allied and enemy) will be unable to assist those caught inside until the duration is over. Double damage to non-Heroic sources. (The non-heroic damage doesn't do much, I just want players to be able to see what they did in Diablo 3 when he blew up a bunch of demons with ease.)
90 Second Cooldown, 100 Mana Cost. Lasts 6 seconds.

[R#2] Searing Rush - Imperius lunges with his spear a short distance in target direction, moving and dealing light-medium damage to enemies hit. Hitting two or more enemy Heroes will refund a charge. 3 Charges, 12 Second Cooldown per charge. 80 Mana Cost per charge.
(The animation for this would look like when he dashes / teleports around in the Diablo cinematics.)
I wanted his design to be a super aggressive, confrontational, and insanely fun play style that reflects Imperius' personality and combat performance from what we've seen elsewhere. There's a lot of potential for high skill cap play, working around the different limitations and benefits set up. Players who get good with him will find that he has a lot at his disposal if you manage it all properly, but newer players might struggle more; especially since his passive grants a wonderful effect that should not be undermined. That small boon could be life saving if you're on top of the right people, combined with a swing stun and immense pressure, you could have a very strong team hero.

What do you guys think? Does my design suck, or did I nail it? Give me input, I'd love to hear it!
i like but his heroic abilities is eh. Maybe it could be like pantheon's in LoL
11/15/2016 02:47 PMPosted by darndatdavid
i like but his heroic abilities is eh. Maybe it could be like pantheon's in LoL

I had to avoid making it too similar to Stage Dive, which is already basically Pantheon's ult, while still making it seem thematically fitting to Imperius.
This gives me a idea for Tyreal's trait- make him support nearby allies. HES THE FREAKING PHYSICAL FORM OF JUSTICE, HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUPPORT HIS ALLIES!

Oh wait, getting revenge for killing him is justice... perhaps I should change my argument from compatibility with lore to balance in the game?
11/15/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Taromillas
[Q] Solarion's Joust - Hurl your spear at target location in a line, damaging enemies along the way and lowering the amount of damage it does for each target hit up to a cap of 40%, 5-10%(not sure yet) for each enemy hit

In realistic scenario you will rarely hit 8 enemies, so 5% damage decrease isn't a good choice, because he would just be too easy(not sure how difficult you want him to be). 8% or 10% would make more sence.
11/16/2016 07:13 AMPosted by KrValentine
11/15/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Taromillas
[Q] Solarion's Joust - Hurl your spear at target location in a line, damaging enemies along the way and lowering the amount of damage it does for each target hit up to a cap of 40%, 5-10%(not sure yet) for each enemy hit

In realistic scenario you will rarely hit 8 enemies, so 5% damage decrease isn't a good choice, because he would just be too easy(not sure how difficult you want him to be). 8% or 10% would make more sence.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I was thinking 5% for laning purposes, but 8% is probably a lot better of an option, so it doesn't end up doing too much after you're done in the lane.
Sorry for reviving this... but my friend and I were talking about Imperius last night, just looking up other peoples stuffs.

Our idea was similar, but more solo orientated. Only got to the trait really, but basically when he by himself (no enemies around like Valera's assassinate tallent (7 yard thing?) he deals double damage, strait up double damage.

Another thing we talked about is no mount. His mount is a global that hits enemies for a little amount of damage, but gives him 20% shield per hero hit up to 100%.

We also came up with a trait thing to make him more useful in teamfights has a shortish cooldown (15-30 seconds) where you target someone and all the hate of Imperius is coming for that hero.

I don't know, just wanted to get my thoughts out there.