Post-Game Performance Notifications Now Live!

General Discussion
Hi everyone,

At BlizzCon 2016, we spoke about how we’d like to bring you even more stats and other details about your in-game performance in Heroes of the Storm. Today, we’re excited to reveal a new system that will let you know when you’ve performed well in an in-game stat category via pop-up notifications on the end-of-game summary screen!

We’ve been quietly testing these notifications among a small number of players over the past few days in order to dig up any initial bugs. We’re ready to roll this system out to more players today, and provided everything goes smoothly, the entire Heroes of the Storm community within a week or two. Read on for an overview about how the system works:

Post-Game Performance Notifications
  • On the post-game Summary screen, players will now be notified when they have performed well in an in-game stat category during the match.
    • A wide variety of stats can be highlighted in this way, including takedowns, XP earned, Mercenaries captured, Battleground Objectives completed, and so on.
    • Performance is measured against averages generated over the past 7 or 30 days, depending on the stat.
    • Average stat numbers may appear different from game to game, as they are based on the length of the match.
  • Post-game Performance Notifications can take two forms:
    • Individual: Received when the player performs better than usual.
    • Versus the Community: Received upon outperforming similarly skilled players in the same login region and game mode.
  • Players will not receive performance notifications after every game.
    • Notifications will not display unless the player outperforms their own or others’ averages in a stat category.
    • Notifications may not display if there is insufficient data about the player to create a meaningful statistic.
    • Even players who are top performers in every way will not always receive notifications.

As with any new feature, we hope you’ll share feedback with us on your experiences with post-game performance notifications. We plan to continue working toward bringing changes and improvements to it over time, so let us know what you think and how it can get even better.

Please also keep in mind that you may encounter bugs with performance notifications. If you do, we want to read about them. Be sure to stop by the official Bug Report forum to let us know about any issues you find.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy getting your hands on these new stats!
It's like getting the gold sticker in kindergarten. FeelsGoodMan
Hi this is nice but wasn't really useful for me so far.

Would love the option to see where i lacked rather, to see where should i improve.
Or you could add the option to auto-invite all the other players so new parties quickly form because hasnt anyone had one of those "Magical" games where everyones is communicating well and having a good time? Why not encourage teamwork by making it convenient? XP bonuses are not a great incentive.
11/18/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Spyrian
Players will not receive performance notifications after every game.

I beg to differ!

It feels like some cheesy treat thing like "oh you did good here's a pat on the back", but I do like seeing statistics, so I wholly approve of this feature and anything else that provides more statistics!

I do agree with the other folk about informing users that they've underperformed and what they can do to perform better; kind of like how there's popups in Overwatch during the match after you die to a certain opponent.
I think the AI battle notifications should be looked at, maybe tuning them to averages based on the difficulty? Playing at the highest level seems to generate numbers far exceed the average which I assume is due to a large number of players playing rapid AI matches. Which would lower the average stats considerably.
11/18/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Shikaku

Would love the option to see where i lacked rather, to see where should i improve.

Seconded.
I always get excited when the star pops up on my screen after the match! I totally loved it! Surelly adds good experience to the game.

BUT
I feel disapointed it will disappear right after. If we could collect them in our profile or hero statistics page it would be 100% gratifying and 0% frustrating.
I feel so babied with this system in place. I might like it better if we get rid of the MvP system. MVP seem to have hero specific rewards to it which is unfair if you are not up against other heroes that can win it. Also having two things of after match info to digest is really starting to hold things up, can we just have one or the other after a game?

Now that I've read this I might have misread one of my star ratings as Tass cause it's like, why tell me I'm doing something near everyone else is doing? It seemed super pointless. But there is still some super trivial, petty stuff going on with it, like yay 2 merc camps for me! ...2? It's noting two for that map and for the hero I was on

I don't even know how to feel about that because there are a few reasons why ppl wouldn't be capping a lot of camps, for me I help kill them but I let my teammates cap them while I move on to help with another camp or to get ready for objective/teamfight.

I like the ideal the one poster said about making note of what we could be doing better / what we lacking in.

Right now we have two systems in place going "YAY you did it!" Rather you did it right or wrong win or lose does not matter, you still did it! Good for you!

It's patronizing to me.
11/18/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Shikaku

Exactly, maybe show both, so players can see where they have performed good and where not.
The current system makes everything worse tho, even really really bad players who thrown the game or even did it on purpose, are trolling or afk most of the game can get the "You were great..." thingy afterwards (for dealing most damage to the map objective or some rather unimportant stat based). Way to make for a better game experience by showing the trolls and ultra casuals how "good" they are tho they never have to improve ....
11/19/2016 07:02 AMPosted by Skychase
I like the ideal the one poster said about making note of what we could be doing better / what we lacking in.

No, we already have the non-team players for that.

I feel so babied with this system in place.

You guys manufacture a reason to complain about everything.
Stupid millenial feel good participation prize that only points out good when it can, and is only available for a short time. This is not the kind of stats real players want, nor do stats even tell near the real story of a game anyway. It does little to help one improve, or look at collective long-term aggregate data which can be useful.

Blizzard has this schizophrenic outlook for HotS where they want to coddle ultracasual weekend 'play your favorite Blizzard character!' gamers who have no business playing PvP with MVP and 'you did something well!!' stars, but then spend $800k annually per region to encourage 'serious' pro play. The goal should be to make a good game 'build it and they will come', not try to be everything to everyone.
Take these perfomance Stats and count it in the Points you lose or win after a HL match.

Like if i outperfom 70% of all other players i will not lose or win just 200 points.
11/19/2016 08:33 AMPosted by XiChorn

No, we already have the non-team players for that.

I feel so babied with this system in place.

You guys manufacture a reason to complain about everything.

To be fair I did say I'd like it better if we didn't also have the MVP system in place on top of it.
I'm not sure I've ever had the non team players telling what others should be improving on, they are normally off in some corner busy doing whatever. Lately my ally chat has been off so maybe I'm just missing out on that?
It's better than the mvp screen, I'll give you that.

Can we store and reference some of this data? Or maybe some context, like instead of a star pop up, maybe on the stat screen we can mouse over a stat and see how we compare?

Does this thing ever tell me when I was below average? And can we please stop including mercenary camp captures? Unless they are on the enemy side of the map?

Blizz, this is the tip of the iceberg....where's my iceberg? :-)
Versus the Community: Received upon outperforming similarly skilled players in the same login region and game mode.

What does this even mean exactly? How do you measure skill? Are the other players playing the same hero even? Because if it's just based on mmr then I know it's completely skewed..
11/20/2016 01:25 PMPosted by QuietOnset
Versus the Community: Received upon outperforming similarly skilled players in the same login region and game mode.

What does this even mean exactly? How do you measure skill? Are the other players playing the same hero even? Because if it's just based on mmr then I know it's completely skewed..

My friend and I will be compared on the American sever but my European friend on his server will not be compared to us.

Also, we will only be compared within a MMR range (or maybe by league?) So as a diamond I won't be compared to a silver.

Far as same hero, it's been mentioned on several of my stars that compared to other (ex)Nazeebo's. Not all of them say that though, some have said other players.
Useless. If you only tell ppl what they did right, they won't improve. No matter how bad you played, the statistics will show a value that is better than the average even if it's a useless value.
I have played about 30 games since this feature launched and have never gotten this callout at the end of any of my games. Am I that unremarkable or do I need to turn the feature on somehow? I literally check after every game. My friends all get stats about every game and I have yet to get a single one.
Can we please have the option to turn it off? The star blocks other parts of the UI I want to access like the Invite to Party button on my Friends List. Would also be cool to be able to choose what type of information we're interested in having pop up and where - random info bites for me are like "Oh okay, that's interesting," but I don't feel like they're really useful in any way, other than for a good joke sometimes with the rest of the party.