Unpopular opinion: Cross promotions are worthless

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
11/17/2016 07:43 PMPosted by YourFather
11/17/2016 07:23 PMPosted by Mijuu

Diablo wont be the crap nugget?

You're kidding right?
Do you realize that Diablo 3 is one of the best selling games of all time?

HotS is by and far the runaway winner for crap nugget of Blizzard
Yes, clearly Diablo 3 has been trimmed to a skeleton crew of a staff because it's just so "successful". I guarantee you that HotS makes them more money right now than Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 is a great example of a front-loaded investment. It made tons of money at first because of high sales figures, but as players dropped off and the Auction House was removed, Diablo 3 became a game without any means of long-term financial sustain. And so its crew was slowly cut down to the point where the second expansion was outright abandoned, each season stopped bothering to change much except for a few balance changes, and it took them 2 years to complete the Necro pack they're now trying to sell. 2015's Diablo Blizzcon announcement was literally "there will be a big announcement next Blizzcon".

HotS, on the other hand, is a free-to-play game that offers micro-transactions up the wazoo. There are plenty of opportunities for them to make money. And it clearly shows. Blizzard's yearly revenue is up significantly from last year, and some of that is obviously due to HotS. The game is doing well enough that Blizzard can afford to infuse millions of dollars into the new design for the HGC and also release the Open Division. They're giving heroes away on a very consistent basis now, something they wouldn't be able to afford if the game was struggling as this forum thinks it is. And they've said before that HotS has well over a hundred employees and millions of players....facts which this forum denies, because they don't fit the narrative of a "ded gaem". Which is precisely why Blizzard gave up on these forums and just gets its opinions from Reddit now. Because there's only so many times that you're willing to smack your head against a brick wall before you learn from it.

A smart businessman knows that their game doesn't have to be the #1 top selling game of its genre in order to be successful. This is the strategy that Nintendo relies on, in fact, and is why they continue to make money even when they're third in the "console wars". But it's rather obvious that these forums don't even grasp the basics of business.
11/18/2016 12:39 AMPosted by Jarek
The amount of down-votes proves you stupid, not right, your tiny brain can't comprehend even thing as simple as this.

Truth is not a democracy.
11/18/2016 04:49 AMPosted by CriticKitten
They're giving heroes away on a very consistent basis now, something they wouldn't be able to afford if the game was struggling as this forum thinks it is.

Actually the opposite is true, historically giving free stuff is a desperate last attempt to get people into your game before you have to admit defeat.
11/16/2016 02:27 PMPosted by HAJJA
11/16/2016 01:29 PMPosted by Yokihiro
Actually you are wrong. I got into HotS by a Hearthstone cross promotion. Hearthstone kept annoying me day by day due to its randomness, then I tried HotS (the card mount promotion) and switched to HotS while I basically stopped playing Hearthstone.

So the result of the promotion in that case is zero(+1player to hots and -1 to Hearthstone so 1-1=0), negative if you count the cost of the promotion event them self.

Also wrong. I would have stopped playing Hearthstone sooner or later and switched to a game of another company. So instead of losing me they kept me as a HotS player - and there I even once bought the starter pack and 2 mounts.
I come to these forums like once every three days. Everytime I've seen about two new threads saying they came for the Genji skin and stayed because they got hooked. So you're actually wrong. Sorry
OP is daft. Spoiled kids ragging on their free stuff and calling promotions of the games they like worthless. There is no negative save for the whiney voices like this kid.
Popular Opinion: This Thread Is Worthless.
11/18/2016 08:13 AMPosted by XiChorn
11/18/2016 07:10 AMPosted by Tirigon

Nor is it the province of any single mortal.
11/18/2016 08:01 AMPosted by Brian
I come to these forums like once every three days. Everytime I've seen about two new threads saying they came for the Genji skin and stayed because they got hooked. So you're actually wrong. Sorry

And 5 complaining about being forced into this !@#$ty game. So I'm still right.

11/18/2016 08:22 AMPosted by Morthion
11/18/2016 07:10 AMPosted by Tirigon

Nor is it the province of any single mortal.

Apparently it is on this forum. Or maybe I'm not a mortal, I mean I haven't died yet so it's possible.
Lol OP your threads are the best. What keeps you going, just pure, raw, unadulterated denial? You voted Trump eh?
11/18/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Vasharien
Lol OP your threads are the best. What keeps you going, just pure, raw, unadulterated denial? You voted Trump eh?

There is no denial. I am morally obliged to spread my superior knowledge in the hopes of educating fools like you. Plus I'm bored atm.
Lol bored and brimming at the bung hole with denial. It's fun to make pretend when you are trying to entertain yourself, I can dig that.

The amount of downvotes actually proves me right, as intelligent ideas are always downvoted on this forum. If I had gotten upvotes, then I'd actually be worried I might be wrong.

Dude, can you use your brain for a second? We love this game, we complain because it's heading in the wrong direction. If it didn't we wouldn't bother posting.
I mean, do you go to the doctor to tell him that you're healthy - or do you go when you're sick?

Again you are just a deluded man-child who is disconnected from reality, your argumentation on level of 5 years old child is amusing.

The amount of down-votes proves you stupid, not right, your tiny brain can't comprehend even thing as simple as this.

Well to be fare, the number of downvotes/upvotes only proves how disliked/liked something is. Not whether it's accurate or inaccurate.
11/18/2016 09:46 AMPosted by Tirigon
11/18/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Vasharien

There is no denial. I am morally obliged to spread my superior knowledge in the hopes of educating fools like you. Plus I'm bored atm.

Be wary. Ennui is a killer.
11/18/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Tirigon
Apparently it is on this forum.

Why, thank you!
11/16/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Tirigon
11/16/2016 01:29 PMPosted by Yokihiro
Actually you are wrong. I got into HotS by a Hearthstone cross promotion. Hearthstone kept annoying me day by day due to its randomness, then I tried HotS (the card mount promotion) and switched to HotS while I basically stopped playing Hearthstone.

You're kinda weird then. Why would you want a cardback when the game annoyed you anyways?
Or maybe you're not telling it exactly and the reason for your switch was less the promotion and more the fact that HotS is the better game?

That's not weird at all. Just because you see it in the launcher doesn't mean you've experienced it.