Automatic silences need to stop after several undeserved reports

General Discussion
Season 3 is going only 2 weeks now, and I have been silenced twice.

"Wow this Tirigon must be super toxic" you'll think - well, think again:
Both these silences have been removed after I opened a ticket at support. They were undeserved.

No big deal, you might now think. After all, the system works and unjust silences will be removed!
Except, not really. Sure I got them removed, the first one very quickly even - but the second one took 2 days until I got an answer. 2 days I couldn't compete in ranked, 2 days I didn't want to go unranked for fear of people seeing the silenced icon and reporting me again out of spite (a lot of people do this, and they even helpfully tell you in chat).

And this is not the first time it happens either: I have had another undeserved silences removed in previous seasons. Every time at least a day is gone before support answered to a ticket. In fact, in some cases the penalty was over anyways before I got a response...

Now, I don't blame the people working at CS for that - I am certainly not the only victim of unjust reports, and they have more tasks than just removing silences in HotS.

But it proves very clearly that the current, automatic system doesn't work in all cases.

Here is my solution: For "unknown" (by that I mean not previously reported) players leave the system in place as it is. However, once a player has been unjustly silenced and the penalty removed, do not trigger any additional silences automatically, but instead send the case for review immediately. (It's not even extra work, we will make a ticket anyways....) Only hand out the silence if it is deserved.

In addition, people who repeatedly report innocents need to have their reports count for less, depending on how many false reports they handed out.
After I received 9 months silence I leveled up 3 smurfs and I'm super toxic on each of them (starting each game with "hello my ni66ers") and constantly switch from one account to another to dodge silence. It will take plenty of time before I start getting longer silences.

Year 2017 will be the year of ruining HotS.
After I received 9 months silence I leveled up 3 smurfs and I'm super toxic on each of them (starting each game with "hello my ni66ers") and constantly switch from one account to another to dodge silence. It will take plenty of time before I start getting longer silences.

You have a very pathetic way of enjoying yourself.

Your life will be very bitter indeed.
12/29/2016 07:44 AMPosted by HansFrank

Well, not exactly the kind of discussion I hoped to spawn with this post. But thanks for showing more ways the system fails, I guess. Good to hear that not only do people get innocently reported, but actual flamers won't be.
12/29/2016 07:47 AMPosted by Tirigon

Well, not exactly the kind of discussion I hoped to spawn with this post. But thanks for showing more ways the system fails, I guess. Good to hear that not only do people get innocently reported, but actual flamers won't be.

Looks like you play in EU. Many wonder why you get so many reports...are you a streamer that people dislike? Or you B stepping your enemy team a lot and then they just like to report you after the game for being dis-respect a lot???

Either way, hope the game improves for you.

I like you
12/29/2016 07:54 AMPosted by DarkAngel
Looks like you play in EU. Many wonder why you get so many reports...are you a streamer that people dislike? Or you B stepping your enemy team a lot and then they just like to report you after the game for being dis-respect a lot???

I don't stream, but I post in the forums a lot and I am very high ranked (#30 GM atm, top this season being #12) so I am rather well-known.

I never B-step. In fact I get rather annoyed if people on my team do it to the enemy, and hope they get killed doing it so I can laugh about them ;) (at home, not in chat where they can report me for it, of course).
Small update:
There is a thread on Reddit atm (not by me, I don't post on Reddit) that says basically the same thing as I did here.
You might want to check it out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5kwd8f/dear_blizzard_please_consider_making_changes_to/
There is a group of people that reports anyone higher rank then they are so they have an easier time climbing. With you being GM I have to wonder if that is what is going on.
No !@#$ automated system is trash. I wonder what kind of intellectual capacity would think that it would be an awesome feature to implement.

Not to mention the overall environment, where you can report enemy team for abusive chat, where you can spam your reports to no end, where it doesn't matter if you've reported someone for abusive chat when he hasn't even used chat at that time, etc. etc.

Everything about this silence system reeks of plain idiocy, and I've had enough of it, as well as many other players too.

Right now I'm enjoying these "long queue times" threads and tons of new bugs coming in while old ones remain.

It's fun being on the outside.

12/29/2016 10:34 AMPosted by Werbs
There is a group of people that reports anyone higher rank then they are so they have an easier time climbing. With you being GM I have to wonder if that is what is going on.

It's absolutely real.

At the end of the last season I got into HL after my silence. I escaped from D2 hell all the way up to ~1700 Master points in under a week while having almost 20% MVP in the process.

I had my chat turned off for almost 2 months (~mid last silence) at that time and I only chat with friends with an occasional "pick thrall EQ OP".

After a week of struggle with the horrible "customer service" and auto-reject bots, the silence remained and I never played a single match since then, nor do I intend to until this trash system is abolished and intelligence sets light.
yup thats pretty much it. The report system is a tool for that toxic player who goes 5v1 whole game with illidan and then complains how the healer didnt heal them, how the tank didnt somehow tank the players by taunting them like mobs in wow and how the other guys didnt CC for him, and then starts raging and yelling at everyone and also reporting them to do more !@#$ to them.
My friend gets constantly reported for playing Gazlowe in FRIGGIN Quick match!!! Wtf?
. It will take plenty of time before I start getting longer silences.

with 2-3 games per week you won't get silenced.
The report system is being abused pretty badly it seems. Reporting has pretty much devolved into reporting anyone who pisses you off in any way
An automatic system stemming from reports from potentially very biased other players can and will never work. They might as well trash it right now and only give manual silences to repeating offenders.
Actually this is the first thread I see speaking AGAINST the system. Every other times the threads burned down in flames because of white knights saying B... can do no wrong.
@Tirigon, i've already talked with you in game about this question, i think now you discovered how much is broken this system, when everyone will check this on themselves, everyone will complain in reddit/forum w/e , and MAYBE the system will change, it's a good start anyway, i just hope they will reset every single past silence to everyone, and i also hope they will create a new ban system, brain use is allowed this time :)