Alarak is a horribly limited hero.

General Discussion
1- No waveclear whatsoever. He's useless in a laning phase, so has to play the role of a roamer despite being highly immobile.

2- No sustained damage at all. He does his telekinesis/strike combo and that's it. He's essentially a kerrigan without the follow up damage.

Kerrigan's kit is even better, it's a stun that's even easier to land and reliably affects more people while doing more burst damage.

3- The ultimates are weak. Counterstrike cannot be repositioned and has a humongous telegraph and delay. The charge is a glorified gank set up (cant be sued in combat) that places you in a vulnerable position as a hero with no escape or defenses.

This guy needs to be improved.

This guy Crescent needs to be improved.

FTFY
meanwhile Alarak is rated the best melee assassin in the game at pro level
1. Wrong
2. Wrong
3. Wrong and also you must be really bad

This post is about as constructive and useful as your thread.
dudes a lane bully doesn't need wave clear in the early game just need to rekt face

there are some quality of life changes i'd like on alarak but he's in no way underpowered
He's not good at solo laning but not THAT bad, you should take other solo laners anyway because you're getting A LOT more value from roaming and getting kills with Alarak.

He doesn't have a lot of sustained damage, but he has a lot more than most heroes based on burst damage. Poke with E and a really good AA dps for a melee burst.
Compare his sustained dps to Kerrigan's and Jaina. He clearly wins, but equals or is better than them with burst damage.

Kerrigan's stun isn't easier to land. It's easier to case. To land it require your ennemy not to dodge it. And kerri's combo is easy to dodge.

And his ultimates are really powerful. A hard engage that deals aoe 400 damage is hardly weak.
His only weakness is PvE, unless you want to count his still active bug where his abilities will randomly not apply damage or status effects when used.

One of his greatest strengths is that there really isn't a drafting counter for him, which makes him a solid 2/3 pickup that doesn't reveal your comp. As long as you can reach his skill floor with strong judgement calls and on-point combos you can impact the game quite a lot.
12/11/2016 04:08 PMPosted by Kenjin
He's not good at solo laning but not THAT bad, you should take other solo laners anyway because you're getting A LOT more value from roaming and getting kills with Alarak.

Joking?

Alarak is the best solo laner in the game. The only 2 heroes that give him some trouble are Thrall and Arthas.
And both of them lose after some time because of mana.

So what do you think, what other heroes are better at laning than him?
He has escape.. telekinesis yourself..
LMAO "horribly limited"

Sadism is the most OP trait in the game

not to mention telekinesis dual functions as a mobility spell or a displacement spell. and has a silence to go with his 2 ranged attacks as well.
wait what? Alarak is one of the best solo laners in the game
12/11/2016 04:14 PMPosted by chatnick

Joking?

Alarak is the best solo laner in the game. The only 2 heroes that give him some trouble are Thrall and Arthas.
And both of them lose after some time because of mana.

So what do you think, what other heroes are better at laning than him?

Varian, Butcher, Illidan, any other duelist that can heal off his burst or dodge/block the skill shot while having more damage against minions for PvE?
12/11/2016 05:58 PMPosted by Crescent

Varian, Butcher, Illidan, any other duelist that can heal off his burst or dodge/block the skill shot while having more damage against minions for PvE?

Varian solo laning early isn't that great.
Butcher is a skill matchup, but can't reliably engage on him.
Illidan has no way to keep him out of xp range safely.

Of course, this is just talking about laning. Hard pushing the lane would force him to burn through mana if we assume rotations don't exist.
I'm level 12 with Alarak and once you work him out he's just fine at laning.

He's about on par with thrall, maybe slightly worse but still better than a lot of people. He can also bully almost every hero out in lanes before 10, and after 10 you shouldnt be running around wave cleaning.

Use E when all the mobs are running in a line to connect on them all, using W to push them all into a group then whack them with Q - most waves will die pretty fast after that.

If something can't heal they're going to have to leave the lane because you just keep shooting them with lightening and if they come to close just hitting with the W+Q combo and they'll leave.

I've seen a lot of team fights won because someone on the other team got low enough to make it worth me flinging myself into the back lines with the charge ulti and hitting them with a disco strike then W-ing anything in my way out of it and walking back to my team or just boosting myself out with W.

He can honestly fit any comp in HL/TL and is one of the only heroes i'll always consider for double melee
He is difficult to play well which can make it appear he is underwhelming. However, in the right hands (really just practice and patience) he is amazing. Probably the best melee assassin in the game.
12/11/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Crescent

This guy needs to be improved.

You need to be improved.
Anyway, his waveclear isn't actually bad, but he isn't even meant for that. His utility, his kill obtaining skills with telekenisis and his ability to *#!*%@%@ squishies. That's what he's meant for.

Oh, and you're using charge VERY VERY wrong.
You don't run into the enemy group of 5 with charge. You're not sending anything but yourself inside.
It's to kill a hero out of position, or to secure a kill, or to gank a hero(s) that are alone in lane.
Counterstrike...well, look at the !@#$ing damage. This is the thing to be used in teamfights. If you want to run after using it, then OBVIOUSLY the delay will be annoying to you.

You just need to improve at Alarak, no offense. I was bad with him too, but I didn't criticize him like this.
Keep playin', kiddo.

Bull!@#$. Alarak is THE BEST sololaner in the game atm, he literally cannot lose a 1v1.

Varian's early game is trash on Alarak- whom capable shutting down a Thrall in the same lane. Ballistix showed that scenario.

He's also top tier, look where Alarak is in ORGANIZED matchups. It does take both finesse and knowledge how to adapt on him, versatility is there when learned. Time skillshots correctly, utilize Telekinesis for escape and plays.

Don't judge when you haven't mastered his potential.

Alarak is strong. Be patient, learn the potential out this sleeper.