Alarak is a horribly limited hero.

General Discussion
All the n00bs in this thread defending Alarak... LOL.

First of all, someone said Sadism is the most OP trait in the game... I want some from what you have been smoking pal... Sadism is boring and weak. It doubles by default your ability damage, but that makes your ability damage on heroes on par with that of other assassin-casters. So in effect, all it does is HALVING your PvE damage, not boosting your PvP.

Second, Alarak can be easily kited when solo laning. He can be easily lane-bullied, if you know what you are doing. Best sololaner? You wish...

Third, Alarak's main attraction for the pros, are his telekinisis and his mass silence capability. In coordinated environments, these indeed can be OP if used correctly. But i saw no mention of this by the n00bs in this thread, who seem to praise other imaginary things on Alarak.

As a hero for the typical soloq HLer, Alarak sucks. Don't pick him.
[deleted]
12/11/2016 03:38 PMPosted by Variations
meanwhile Alarak is rated the best melee assassin in the game at pro level

No... Not at all...
12/11/2016 04:14 PMPosted by chatnick
Alarak is the best solo laner in the game.

What the???? Are you joking?

He's around the middle of the cast when it comes to solo laning, he's not that bad once again but he's clearly not a good solo laner.
Zero waveclear, but sustain and the ability to put pressure on everal heroes to compensate.

You're going to win vs any non laner hero that you can still put solo lane if you don't have any solo laner, KT, Stitches, Lunara, li-ming.

But he's going to be hard pusher by any big laner, Guldan, Zagara (yes she still exists), Xul, gazlowe, Even Sonya.
The only good solo laner Alarak counters being Chen.

You just can't say things like that, Alarak is nowhere near a good solo laner.
12/11/2016 10:56 PMPosted by TemplarGR

First of all, someone said Sadism is the most OP trait in the game... I want some from what you have been smoking pal... Sadism is boring and weak. It doubles by default your ability damage, but that makes your ability damage on heroes on par with that of other assassin-casters. So in effect, all it does is HALVING your PvE damage, not boosting your PvP.

Second, Alarak can be easily kited when solo laning. He can be easily lane-bullied, if you know what you are doing. Best sololaner? You wish...

Third, Alarak's main attraction for the pros, are his telekinisis and his mass silence capability. In coordinated environments, these indeed can be OP if used correctly. But i saw no mention of this by the n00bs in this thread, who seem to praise other imaginary things on Alarak.

Wow man, you never stop "impressing" and giving us good laughs. Look, for a foreverbronze like you Alarak is something abstract, it's not something you can understand or something you will ever be able to play to it's full potential.

Now that we pointed out some facts let's talk about Alarak. He is one of the best lane bullies in the game and hes the hero you set solo in a lane. Saying he can be "kited" is one of the best jokes I've heard, well maybe that's true if you have the same mechanical skills like a drunk turtle. The strategy is to poke with your E which has a ridiculous low cooldown and mana cost, in the meanwhile you don't just stay in the back but you apply pressure on the minions and force the enemy hero to come in your combo range, once you do the combo the enemy hero will be forced to go back, let's not forget his insane AA damage. The only hero that beats him is Rexxar, because in fact he is the only one which can kite you with Misha.

Saying that he only works in coordinated teams is BS, in team fights it's even easier to land a combo and the reward is huge, also Counter Strike is insanely good if you know what you're doing, the point is that you know when to go almost inside the enemy team, when you're sure that you will take a hit which will trigger the heroic.

Alarak is all about timing and positioning, he is a very high skill cap hero and one of those heroes who can have huge impact on the game, but the problem is not everybody likes his style because you basically have to be fully focused 100% of the game, you can't relax and you heavily rely on landing your abilities and combos.
12/12/2016 12:22 AMPosted by UrWelcome
12/11/2016 10:56 PMPosted by TemplarGR

Wow man, you never stop "impressing" and giving us good laughs. Look, for a foreverbronze like you Alarak is something abstract, it's not something you can understand or something you will ever be able to play to it's full potential.

Now that we pointed out some facts let's talk about Alarak. He is one of the best lane bullies in the game and hes the hero you set solo in a lane. Saying he can be "kited" is one of the best jokes I've heard, well maybe that's true if you have the same mechanical skills like a drunk turtle. The strategy is to poke with your E which has a ridiculous low cooldown and mana cost, in the meanwhile you don't just stay in the back but you apply pressure on the minions and force the enemy hero to come in your combo range, once you do the combo the enemy hero will be forced to go back, let's not forget his insane AA damage. The only hero that beats him is Rexxar, because in fact he is the only one which can kite you with Misha.

Saying that he only works in coordinated teams is BS, in team fights it's even easier to land a combo and the reward is huge, also Counter Strike is insanely good if you know what you're doing, the point is that you know when to go almost inside the enemy team, when you're sure that you will take a hit which will trigger the heroic.

Alarak is all about timing and positioning, he is a very high skill cap hero and one of those heroes who can have huge impact on the game, but the problem is not everybody likes his style because you basically have to be fully focused 100% of the game, you can't relax and you heavily rely on landing your abilities and combos.

Dude, i am by far better player than you, so it is ironic that you "laugh" with my opinions. L2P before you adress me in the future please.
12/12/2016 01:14 AMPosted by TemplarGR
Dude, i am by far better player than you, so it is ironic that you "laugh" with my opinions. L2P before you adress me in the future please.

You can fool the new people here on the forums, but I know you since beta, I remember your bronze MMR hotslogs account and I know that you were crying since then. The entire time you didn't write anything constructive or something that makes sense, well that's actually logical because of your brutal ignorance.

People have improved, they adapted and got better, but even though we all play in the same system somehow only you are stuck in wood league and the whole universe is fault because you're horribad at the game. After so much time people at least learn the basics, but yet you again and again show 0 understanding how the game works, that's just sad... When you goodle "Dunning Kruger" or open a book with that term inside your pathetic face shows up, that's how delusional you are.
I have never truly played Alarak (few QMs only), but from what i've seen so far:

1. Only few Alaraks out of dozens of games were really deadly, rest were meh;
2. You say "he's good in right hands!", but he's the 6th lowest winrate Hero in Diamond/Masters;
3. Ok, let's assume Diamond/Masters are not good enough for Alarak - i check http://masterleague.net/hero/alarak/ where he sits at 43% winrate among professional players and has only 4% popularity. Means that he's bad even as a niche hero, no?

Please correct me if i am wrong before downvoting. Thanks.
This thread has to be trolling. There is no way this is serious hahahah. Alarak is amazing. This is coming from a master player who can play him and has seen other people dominate with him.

He beats pretty much anyone 1v1 during the laning phase at high level play. Thrall is close to Alarak's laning strength.

He is a ideally a melee burst mage so he really doesn't need incredible sustain damage even though he has really good auto attack damage.

Both his ultimates are good just takes skill to make them work well. Does not make them bad because lower level players can't figure out how to utilize them well enough.

At level 20 he is one of the strongest heroes in the game having both heroics.

Lastly, yes his combo is very similar to kerrigan but Telek has 100 times more uses than primal grasp. Essentially that means he is not only good for his combo. Telek usage is how you can differentiate the good Alarak players from the bad ones.

For example, pushing people into malf roots. Pushing people into boss stuns, Pushing people away. Pushing yourself out of the line of fire of abilities. Saving allies. The list could go on for awhile.

These "Alarak is bad" threads are really getting old and just pathetic at this point. It's purely a learn to play issue if you aren't doing well with him. He is a really hard hero so he will take time to practice and people need to understand that rather than saying he is bad.

Just seems like a childish thought process disregarding the facts and coming to irrational conclusions.
12/12/2016 03:29 AMPosted by UrWelcome
12/12/2016 01:14 AMPosted by TemplarGR

You can fool the new people here on the forums, but I know you since beta, I remember your bronze MMR hotslogs account and I know that you were crying since then. The entire time you didn't write anything constructive or something that makes sense, well that's actually logical because of your brutal ignorance.

People have improved, they adapted and got better, but even though we all play in the same system somehow only you are stuck in wood league and the whole universe is fault because you're horribad at the game. After so much time people at least learn the basics, but yet you again and again show 0 understanding how the game works, that's just sad... When you goodle "Dunning Kruger" or open a book with that term inside your pathetic face shows up, that's how delusional you are.

I wasn't in the beta kid. I played 2 days after the game officially launched: Your lie no1.

Also, i was bronze only for a very brief period of 1 month, because i was soloq and played all the heroes for the gold. It was also my first MOBA.

Since then, i have vastly improved, and if i didn't have a nice carreer already, i would have been a pro and won next Blizzcon. LOL.
12/12/2016 03:49 AMPosted by worship
I have never truly played Alarak (few QMs only), but from what i've seen so far:

2. You say "he's good in right hands!", but he's the 6th lowest winrate Hero in Diamond/Masters;
3. Ok, let's assume Diamond/Masters are not good enough for Alarak - i check http://masterleague.net/hero/alarak/ where he sits at 43% winrate among professional players and has only 4% popularity. Means that he's bad even as a niche hero, no?

Dude, look at "Daniel" above. He is writting his opinion, and he says it is a fact. Your hotslogs and pro scene numbers are meaningless to him. He is so edgy and l33t because he can play Alarak, a sh1t tier hero. LOL.

The only facts are DATA from hotslogs and competitive pro scene. And there the truth shines: ALARAK IS !@#$! DEAL WITH IT!
12/12/2016 03:49 AMPosted by worship

Alarak is something like Illidan, there aren't many players who are really good with those heroes, but if they are they have a huge impact on the game. For example few months ago when Illidan was around 50% on hotslogs (same as Alarak in Master now) he was still first ban in a lot tournaments, check Blizzcon stats and you will see his win rate once he got through the draft. If we combine that with the fact that Alarak's popularity is quite high we end up with the "low" win rate.
12/12/2016 04:05 AMPosted by TemplarGR
and if i didn't have a nice carreer already, i would have been a pro and won next Blizzcon.

Ok I have to screenshot this in case you edit the post, this is pure gold. I mean you have 0 understanding about the game and you just pollute the forums with your ignorance, but at least you make us all laugh (in disbelief, but still).
Being Dia/ Master doesnt magically make you adept on all heroes. Alarak is so damn hard, it took me until lvl 10 before i finally started to reliably perform well.

So yeah, the hotslogs stats dont matter.
He is NOT the best solo laner in the game; he is just pretty good at bullying ppl out. The strong laners with their own poke , good clear, and sustain have little trouble with him. But he is better then most heroes at it.

Im not gonna talk about fights, others did that well enough.
12/12/2016 12:20 AMPosted by Kenjin

What the???? Are you joking?

He's around the middle of the cast when it comes to solo laning, he's not that bad once again but he's clearly not a good solo laner.
Zero waveclear, but sustain and the ability to put pressure on everal heroes to compensate.

You're going to win vs any non laner hero that you can still put solo lane if you don't have any solo laner, KT, Stitches, Lunara, li-ming.

But he's going to be hard pusher by any big laner, Guldan, Zagara (yes she still exists), Xul, gazlowe, Even Sonya.
The only good solo laner Alarak counters being Chen.

You just can't say things like that, Alarak is nowhere near a good solo laner.

No, he's at the very top with solo laning.

Waveclear isn't that bad at all, when you utilize abilities and AA, which is a childs play after you bully everyone out of the lane. But his solo lane strength doesn't come from waveclear.

Guldan? Guldan will eat some combos and get constantly poked, he's unable to sustain it and he has to retreat.
Zagara? Please, I bully her out with Butcher ez, let alone Alarak. She has no sustain to remain there.
Xul? Same, no sustain.
Gazlowe? Same, no sustain. I even played against Gaz on Braxxis in the top lane recently, ez win for Alarak.
Sonya? Can be problematic, but still loses easily if you get your combos and do the constant poke.

You can check my hotslogs and my Alarak replays there.

I absolutely can say things like that because that's how it is. Alarak wins vs anyone, if the play is right.
It's always so much fun finding threads like this, full of people who underestimate a hero just because their win rate is (intentionally) kept low.

Alarak would not be sitting on a 17% pick/ban and 50% win rate in tournament play if he was truly as bad as the folks in this forum seem to believe. He's difficult to learn, certainly, and not meant for every map....but he's not bad. Not at all.
The reason Alarak is highly regarded by "highly skilled" players is that he is reliable in most scenarios.

(PS. Im just a former Diamond-trash player so take it with a bit of salt)

Being able to endure the toughest lane opponents while harrassing out alot of the others. With decent clear and great setups available for ganks.

------

Alarak is played as an oppertunist.
You poke back and forth until the enemy makes a misstake, you pull them in for the combo and hopefully finishing them off. Unlike, say, Kerrigan. Who is similar in the "oppertunist" playstyle, but is more suitable to stay in the fight with her ult after the combo.

My thoughts on why his winrate is low is due to teamfighting have, outside of the proscene been quite hectic.
Alot of divers, doubletanks etc. and aggressive wombo-combos like Jaina/Malf/etc setups for example, leading to teamfights ending faster than what might be optimal for Alarak to shine..
Alarak is trash. He needs severe buffs to be viable. And he is not that hard to play, it is just that he brings almost nothing to the table, except a silencing skillshot.

As for those who comment on my skill level and my game knowledge, i am sorry if your ego is hurt, but after more than 6k games of hots, and having mastered all the heroes, i know what i am talking about. Your imaginary opinions don't invalidate mine, just because there are more of you. After all, n00bs and casuals are always the majority in a playerbase.

QQ now.
12/12/2016 05:26 AMPosted by TemplarGR
Alarak is trash. He needs severe buffs to be viable.

One of many proofs how ignorant you are. Who ever says Alarak needs buffs to be viable doesn't know what's he talking about.

after more than 6k games of hots, and having mastered all the heroes, i know what i am talking about.

The only thing you mastered is crying and being bad at the game. It's enough to read few comments from your posting history to understand what kind of "player" you are.

Your imaginary opinions don't invalidate mine

Imaginary opinions, what the hell is that? Some people here are just ignorant, but you have low IQ in addition and suffer from severe Duning Kruger syndrome.
I think he is trollig us..