Team League Restrictions Lifted

General Discussion
With today’s patch we’ve loosened the Team League party restrictions and will now allow placement players to group with those who have already received a rank. We’ve also removed the tier restrictions on parties of 2 and 3 players so that groups can be formed regardless of each players’ current rank. While we may re-implement this restriction later, we wanted to test out how this change affects Team League queues and match quality.

Thanks!
Awesome change . Overall great job guys keep up the work <3
Me and my friends who have never played in Team Ranked before can't find a single game on NA servers. We waited over 300 sec 3 times and still nothing. Any idea what is going on? Our internet connections work fine. We played a Quick Match instead.
12/20/2016 12:36 PMPosted by S1D22
Me and my friends who have never played in Team Ranked before can't find a single game on NA servers. We waited over 300 sec 3 times and still nothing. Any idea what is going on? Our internet connections work fine. We played a Quick Match instead.

Expect to wait more like 1000 seconds tbh. Team League has always had a very small player pool so it's going to take forever to find games ESPECIALLY if you're mmr is insanely high or your party mmr has a very wide spread.

Expect to wait more like 800 seconds tbh. Team League has always had a very small player pool so it's going to take forever to find games ESPECIALLY if you're mmr is insanely high or your party mmr has a very wide spread.
Yeah I expect a 10min que everytime . But don't give up hope. The more patient we are and all trying it out hopefully the amount of people Paquin TL Winn increase
Me and my friends who have never played in Team Ranked

This is going to be the large part of why your queues are so long. It has no idea what your MMR might be, so it's going to take extra time to try and get a good game. This is on top of the already longer TL queue times. Just don't cancel the queue and you'll get a game eventually. Once it has a better idea how to match you, it won't be as bad.
Any thoughts about removing the team size restrictions? So anyone can Q up for TL no matter what party size?

For example 4's can queue and a solo player can be added. Or Maybe 2x2's and a 1. Make certain restrictions such as only 1 solo player per team to serve as a fill. So 3's will always be with a party of 2, and not 2 solo players.

Also if this is implemented it would be nice if there were options as a solo player to Q for both HL and TL. Don't know if this would be feasible or even possible, but it would definitely increase the TL population.
@Vuladi its called Team League, not Solo league.
12/20/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Vuladi
Any thoughts about removing the team size restrictions? So anyone can Q up for TL no matter what party size?

For example 4's can queue and a solo player can be added. Or Maybe 2x2's and a 1. Make certain restrictions such as only 1 solo player per team to serve as a fill. So 3's will always be with a party of 2, and not 2 solo players.

Also if this is implemented it would be nice if there were options as a solo player to Q for both HL and TL. Don't know if this would be feasible or even possible, but it would definitely increase the TL population.

Perfect ideas! We can even rename it to Hero League
12/20/2016 12:40 PMPosted by Rasako

Expect to wait more like 1000 seconds tbh. Team League has always had a very small player pool so it's going to take forever to find games ESPECIALLY if you're mmr is insanely high or your party mmr has a very wide spread.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why I got down voted for asking for help...
12/20/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Vuladi

Vuladi got downvoted to oblivion for his comment, but he is not wrong. Team League is not sustainable in its current state, with over 20 minute queues for 2-man parties. Allowing 4 and 1, or even 2 2 and 1, is not optimal but it may well be necessary for the longevity of Team League. Anything to help the queue move faster in team league is welcome. You may say this is just Hero League, but Hero League has changed now to solo only and left a giant gap.

People do not like this idea because they like the idea of ranking by "teamwork-" best served by 5-man parties. Unfortunately there is not enough players to make this work. The current state of ranked ostracizes an obviously large number of the player-base who wants to play ranked as a 2-man party.

There is not a great solution for Team League at the moment but I would hope Blizzard considers ideas that allow more people to play.
12/20/2016 12:40 PMPosted by Rasako

I don't think the q times have to do with the number of players but rather the ratio of 2 to 3 man groups.
Suggestion.

Keep fours banned from TK.

But give solo heroes a checkbox that allows them to queue for both. This will eat a pair of duo's every time it happens.

Why would someone want to queue for both when the possibility of going up against a 5stack exists? Well maybe they just want to proc a queue faster and dont care. Make the option available though and it may help.
Blizzard how about you just come on here, write your apology for forcing friends who want to play together to play Team League, and let 2s play Hero League again. We do not enjoy queueing for 20 minutes only to get paired with some chumps and get stomped in 10 minute games.

The only people that don't want this reverted are those who don't have friends to play HotS with. Why is that fair? If you queue solo you are just as likely to be matches with a 2 as much as against a 2. So what difference does it really make? Is it called Solo League? No, it's Hero League. Team League is for complete teams, aka 5 man premades. Do we want 5 man's in Hero League? Obviously not, because that is unfair. But how is 2 friends playing Hero League together unfair in any way?

Seriously who's idea was this? Ben Brode? Or should I say Ben Broke? Cuz that guy just loves dreaming up piles of !@#$ that you implement without as much as a second glance.
FIX THE LION MOUNT... I SHOULDN'T ONLY BE ABLE TO VIEW BLUE... I WOULD LIKE TO USE THE GREEN AND RED VERSION AS WELL.
very good change, people want to play with their friends regardless of party-size or the threat of ranked position. this now appeals to everyone and will draw more players to TL. GJ Blizz :)
Thanks for this change, it was very annoying when playing with friends and basically put you in a vicious circle where if you can't find also in placements friends or 5 man premade you were blocked from playing team league. I really hope you will never consider put it again.
12/21/2016 05:36 AMPosted by Frankel
Blizzard how about you just come on here, write your apology for forcing friends who want to play together to play Team League, and let 2s play Hero League again. We do not enjoy queueing for 20 minutes only to get paired with some chumps and get stomped in 10 minute games.

The only people that don't want this reverted are those who don't have friends to play HotS with. Why is that fair? If you queue solo you are just as likely to be matches with a 2 as much as against a 2. So what difference does it really make? Is it called Solo League? No, it's Hero League. Team League is for complete teams, aka 5 man premades. Do we want 5 man's in Hero League? Obviously not, because that is unfair. But how is 2 friends playing Hero League together unfair in any way?

Seriously who's idea was this? Ben Brode? Or should I say Ben Broke? Cuz that guy just loves dreaming up piles of !@#$ that you implement without as much as a second glance.

Excluding the very last part, I agree with you fully. It is absolutely ridiculous how competitive in-game works now. I had a friend I always did hero league with and now there is absolutely no point. We do not have a large number of other people to group up with so we have to just do QM. The only alternative is asinine queue times where we'll just end up against a 5 man team anyways (cause that's super fair). If a duo queue in HL was so outrageous how does blizzard possibly justify being put against a 5 man in TL?
The way match making worked before was that if you Duo queued in HL then 9 times out of 10, you'd be against a team which also had duo partners. So where is the supposed disadvantage that everyone complained about? The idea of grouping with a single playing partner has been abolished thanks to these league changes and completely taken the concept of climbing the ranks with a single duo partner and thrown them in the trash.
12/21/2016 06:42 AMPosted by Gilnean
FIX THE LION MOUNT... I SHOULDN'T ONLY BE ABLE TO VIEW BLUE... I WOULD LIKE TO USE THE GREEN AND RED VERSION AS WELL.

My PC does that too. Red and Green tints look like caramel with no texture. Submit screenshot!