Lucio's Track Colours are confusing

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I tried Lucio on PTR and his track colors are confusing. Whenever the HEALING track is played the circle around him is YELLOW and whenever the SPEED track is played the circle around him is GREEN. Since this is the PTR and the reason of the PTR is to give feedback on this, any chance to reverse the colors?

I mean everything related to HEALING in the game is GREEN, why make his HEALING circle boundaries YELLOW? It just doesn't make sense and it's quite confusing...

Also in the abilities it mentions "switch to HEALING track and the word HEALING is in YELLOW color and SPEED word in GREEN" o.O
Agreed. it's counterintuitive.

Though you may want to put that in the feedback forums.
- Not everything heal related is green (Uther/Monk use holy light things that are yellow)
- PTR is to see if some things are bugged.
- It's also like that in Overwatch

You will get used to it
02/07/2017 08:25 AMPosted by VanBust
- Not everything heal related is green (Uther/Monk use holy light things that are yellow)
- PTR is to see if some things are bugged.
- It's also like that in Overwatch

You will get used to it

PTR is to check for bugs and to give general feedback...

I guess it is a matter of getting used to it but I still think that GREEN boundaries for HEALING are more applicable...

oh and btw this is not Overwatch so it doesn't have to be the same
Get used to it. That's how they show in Overwatch as well. Shouldn't be too hard for you to learn, right?

02/07/2017 08:29 AMPosted by KAMELOTIAN
oh and btw this is not Overwatch so it doesn't have to be the same
They don't have to be different either. There is literally no point to make them different.

Actually, I take that back. Yes. There is a good reason for why they shouldn't be different; because if they're then the Overwatch players will get confused. Didn't think about them did you? Of course you didn't.
Healing in Overwatch is yellow. Lucio is an Overwatch character.

Meanwhile, Heroes of the Storm does not actually have this consistency.
02/07/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Cottontail
Healing in Overwatch is yellow. Lucio is an Overwatch character.

Meanwhile, Heroes of the Storm does not actually have this consistency.

Though most games across all platforms have healing effects being green.

Also, since this isn't overwatch 1st point is moot.
02/07/2017 08:31 AMPosted by phaseshifter

02/07/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Siperos
They don't have to be different either. There is literally no point to make them different.

Actually, I take that back. Yes. There is a good reason for why they shouldn't be different; because if they're then the Overwatch players will get confused. Didn't think about them did you? Of course you didn't.
The problem with this is that this is how it is in Overwatch.

All healing abilities are yellow in that game, not green.

I think it would be kind of confusing if they were opposite each other between the two games.

Once you learn the colors, it gets pretty easy.

You should be playing with your volume up anyway, but the tracks actually play different songs as well. These change when you use your E and Amp It Up for even more sound queues.
02/07/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Siperos
02/07/2017 08:31 AMPosted by phaseshifter

02/07/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Siperos

Yes, because Overwatch players have never, ever played a game where healing effects are green.....
02/07/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Lifeforms

I think it would be kind of confusing if they were opposite each other between the two games.

You should be playing with your volume up anyway, but the tracks actually play different songs as well. These change when you use your E and Amp It Up for even more sound queues.

Man, if someone finds THAT confusing, he/she should avoid using the subway, or a computer....
02/07/2017 08:43 AMPosted by phaseshifter
Yes, because Overwatch players have never, ever played a game where healing effects are green.....
And you have never, ever played a game where healing effects are yellow I take it. You know, games like Heroes of the Storm.

AND you're apparently simply too incompetent to get used to these whole new and weird color schemes of his abilities that you and one or two other people, in other words a HUGE minority, decided to make an issue out of it. Because adapting and learning a new hero is so !@#$ing hard apparently.

02/07/2017 08:45 AMPosted by phaseshifter
Man, if someone finds THAT confusing, he/she should avoid using the subway, or a computer....
Look who is talking. Someone who has such hard difficulties in learning that green means speed and yellow means healing with this one specific hero.

And last time I checked Uther's and Kharazim's heals are yellow and I don't see you crying about them. How come their healing effects are not "confusing" but Lúcio's suddenly is?

Jesus %^-*ing Christ, you people...
02/07/2017 08:45 AMPosted by phaseshifter

OW and HoTS are really the only games I play. I play Lucio a lot in OW, so yes, that would be weird.

You're also the guy who agreed with the OP, which means you think it's confusing the way it is now.

Which is the same thing, just worse.
Guess we should change Auriel, Kharazim and Uther's healer colours from yellow to green as well so as to not confuse people who can't figure out if it means healing or not?

Also, pretty sure Li Li's healing stuff is blue on the base skin. can't have that! Might confuse folks as well.
02/07/2017 09:22 AMPosted by KAMELOTIAN
I was only trying to make a point that the healing colors with the circles boundaries for each track don't match...

They match what it is in Overwatch. He's not the only one with yellow healing abilities and there's more than just yellow and green for healing colours in the game if you count Li Li and skins.

Not all healing abilities are green, nor do they need to be based on the colour of the globes and the numbers. Which, by the way, blue and pink globes also exist.
I can understand how that is confusing for some but as already mentioned, it is that way in Overwatch. It's just an adjustment you have to get used to.
02/07/2017 08:56 AMPosted by Siperos
And last time I checked Uther's and Kharazim's heals are yellow and I don't see you crying about them. How come their healing effects are not "confusing" but Lúcio's suddenly is?

That argument makes no sense what so ever. All the other healers dont have the choice what their skills do. You just have to push the button.
Lucio is different because it can do 2 different things and players need an indicator what the spell currently does.
You brought Kharazim up so, if you looke at his only spell where an indicator is needed (his trait) you will see that the healing one is green ;)

Besides that argument making no sense at all i agree with you. Lucio is a character from OW and therefore should stay the way he is in OW. It is really not hard to get used to the colours.

Its not the problem for the lucio player himself, but for his teammates. If they see green they quicly relate that to healing. Green means healing in nearly every game.

That overwatch chose a diffirent color is fine for that game, its the same acros that game. But it can still be confusing to those who arent known with overwatch. And i would generaly agree with effects remaining the same (changing the colors would be very confusing to overwatch players).

So maybe they could keep it simple and give an other indication of its effect. There are barely any heroes which have a similar ability, and in many cases its not colored green aswel.
02/07/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Sibenice
Guess we should change Auriel, Kharazim and Uther's healer colours from yellow to green as well so as to not confuse people who can't figure out if it means healing or not?

For those its just 1 single effect, they dont realy need this diffirence as they arent confusing to begin with. When 2 abilities appear the same to others and only the color matters, it can be confusing.

Maybe just showing a healing cross, or speed boost icon below the effect would be enough. (very transparent but just enough for people to recognise its there so they can quickly notice which effect is which)