Left Aus Server and Went from Gold to Diamond!

Aus/NZ General Discussion
I had been playing on the Aus server for around 2 months and was fed up with the general lack of skill and lack of adequate player base that the server offered. People in AUS were the most toxic of people I had ever encountered. Frequently I would play with the same people over and over again. Some were known feeders and some would purposely throw if they ever came across some one they didn't like. I was permanently stuck in gold while playing on this server because I would play with all range of ranks such as grand masters to bronze because there just isn't the right amount of people... As soon as I went back to Western USA servers (I'm actually Canadian) I noticed the difference in team work and skill in every game I played. Even with ping sometimes over 200 I climbed incredibly fast. This was in part due to playing with people of my same rank so each game was a fair match. Also, the Americans were far more skilled than your average Aussie. Australian hero league feels like quick match 2.0 whereas US actually had some cohesion and thought out drafts! I urge any one playing on AUS servers to move over to the American servers... Get off the toxic nonsense that is AUS.
ANZ is toxic. I hate it. For a game that is trying to build a good player base ANZ is doing its darndest to fight against it.

I don't go into ANZ chat anymore. It is just a cesspool.
stay off my servers you mouthbreathing dog
So you're saying the skill level of NA players in diamond is the same as Au players in gold? Doesn't that objectively make Au players better?
03/10/2017 04:15 PMPosted by fanfan
Doesn't that objectively make Au players better?

Just means that our servers have less players, it's hard to change rank when you have basically the same players matching up over and over.

I'm betting the chances of silver and grand master league players being in the same game are a lot lower in NA as well.
Yeah, less players, less quality game match ups, more people griping about it, etc. Basically it has nothing to do with ANZ, just that it's a much smaller player base.

In the US there'll be much more players at each skill level so you'll less likely finding yourself with lower skilled players, etc.

All it is is population difference.
So I just took a quick look at our records OP. As i've struggled for the last 2 seasons to get back to Plat. Was curious how we've faired? It's only a small sample, but I've won all 3 games against you. We've never played on same team.

That said it doesn't matter as i'm now stuck at gold4/5 and can't rank up. The matches are so inconsistent and just by MM, i'm going to get hit with terrible teammates almost 50% of the time and i find it impossible to win in that circumstance.
Also funny according to HOTSLogs my MMR for QM is at a masters level (~2600). For HL it's plat (~2000) and the thing is I actually try hard in HL. Playing my best heroes. QM is where I take heroes I'm learning to play and often queue up with my with GF too.
QM isnt a real good look at your overall playing skill. I went on a 16 game win streak with diablo in qm then went to hero league and im about 65% with him.
04/23/2017 09:01 PMPosted by GuniGuGu
Also funny according to HOTSLogs my MMR for QM is at a masters level (~2600). For HL it's plat (~2000) and the thing is I actually try hard in HL. Playing my best heroes. QM is where I take heroes I'm learning to play and often queue up with my with GF too.

Hotslog mmr seems very inaccurate these days, almost everyday now I see self proclaimed "gold players with plat mmr" complaining about getting matched with silvers, sureeee a gold 4 account is really plat lvl skill bahahaha.
02/23/2017 12:59 AMPosted by NobleGunner
Also, the Americans were far more skilled than your average Aussie.

But you were two leagues lower when playing amongst /ANZ.... you said so yourself.
If you climb leagues when switching to the USA servers then that player base is worse not better.

I take it your not the sharpest tool in the shed.
AUZ playerbase just caused me to quit the game. I just sit there in front of the computer shaking my head at the decisions that both teams do sometimes.

It's not like they are level 10 players or anything.

I saw a Raynor playing that literally walked everywhere, as if he didn't know there was a mount button.

If seen my entire team ignore an enemy Hammer soloing a lane to the core, while I can do nothing because I'm Murky/Morales. This has happened more than once.
I could keep going on, but when you see this game after game after game. I'm praying my team afks so I can get better AI bots. Do you know how depressing that is?

Sorry Blizzard, it's not your fault, ANZ are just morons. And it ensures I will NEVER EVER play any competitive online game with an ANZ only servers for the rest of my life.