Ranked play in ANZ

Aus/NZ General Discussion
"We have had feedback that hero league has been better with solo queue HL"

Yes but you sacrificed lower pop regions to do it.

My ranked experience previously:

Hero league: 2-5min queues into Australian server games
Team league: 5-10min queues into Australian server games

My ranked experience currently:

Hero league: 10-20min queues, 50:50 whether it is Australian server or 200+ ping on an American server
Team league: 5-15min queues, 50:50 chance to be on an American server with an instant loss.
Team league duo queue: null data set. Have waited up to 70minutes on numerous occassions, have not seen it pop yet...
Unranked: not even an option.

Sucks living in low population areas as a gamer; always has.
I would really like to play a lot more unranked draft. I just don't like sitting in queue that never pops.
I would like it if their "encouraging HOTS esports in the ANZ region", like they claim to do, extended to actually providing a playable ranked game experience. How do they expect us to play their game when they only provide playable servers HALF the time?
Does anyone know if you can better tailor it to your desires? I know you can choose your region however it would be nice if there was a menu option or something to prevent going to certain regions if you cant get a game in your preferred one. Ill be happy to wait and I am not playing any game with a 250 ping doesn't matter what it is and maybe this will get more ppl into the AUS queues rather than the lottery of going to the US and having a horrible 20 min game you don't want to play
Have tried posting about this issue before but never seems to generate any traction.

I also am completely sick of queing into 250 ping games when there is a preferred server aus option. If ticking this still puts you on U.S servers (5 games in a row last night) then why even have the option?
03/11/2017 05:57 PMPosted by dekay
I would really like to play a lot more unranked draft. I just don't like sitting in queue that never pops.

I've waited over an hour for UR before just giving up i feel like they should just disable QM in our region.
03/15/2017 08:38 PMPosted by Khaz
03/11/2017 05:57 PMPosted by dekay

I've waited over an hour for UR before just giving up i feel like they should just disable QM in our region.

That is a sound plan IMO. There's no need for QM, UR. Just need to have HL in aus / nz region. I mean honestly at least we'll have more games. Why have HL when everyone plays QM bcuz it has faster q times?

Honestly blizzard, you're turning into EA sports : /
Not all players are interested in Ranked play though.

Some people only play specific heroes, and would only serve to bring down the experience in HL anyway.

It would be better if they expanded the ranked games to be more inclusive of higher ranks. Have one of each rank on each team. See how they fair lol
Get rid of QM, make unranked draft the default.
Get rid of everything besides Ranked and solo vs. AI. Otherwise the game is dead.
I have Aus preferred and i never get put on US servers. And yeah living in a dead region sucks.
Up to 1000 seconds + on both team and hero league, something has gone wrong in their matchmaking.
Yeah, matchmaking seems even more broken with this latest patch. Takes forever to get a game.
I had a chat with the Software Engineers about this issue and I wanted to make sure you were all aware that they are on the case. If you want to help us out, the next time you experience a long Queue time, could you provide us with a timestamp within roughly 30 minutes of when you were in the queue, and the date. Thanks for the post!
Something is definitely wrong. Been trying to get Team League games everyday since patch and its consistently taking 10mins+ compared to under 5 minutes before patch. We finished mid gold last season so our MMR isn't even an issue.
Hi BlizzCareena,

At around Wednesday 14th June 9:50pm AEST, Sydney Time, 3 of us queued for TL for roughly about 30 mins before giving up, then playing QM.

At around Thursday 15th June 9:20pm AEST, Sydney Time, 3 of us queued for TL for roughly about 25 mins before giving up, then waiting extremely long for 5 man TL.

WE JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME. HALP US
Hi BlizzCareena,

Currently in a TL queue 12:49pm AEST on 17/6/17, the queue reached 1562s and is still going.

Link to screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/nymw5BV.jpg

Our MMR isn't high at all. Gold 1-2 last season, trying to do placement for the new season now.
http://imgur.com/a/qp3Y7

20mins+. This time as a 5 stack. We got a message saying queues with 3 were high, try with 5 instead. Didn't help. Queued up at 1:30 pm AEST 17th June.
Thanks for all the information, the screenshots are great as well.