Fun MOBA Fact..

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Shut up or get silenced!
I have only played a little of LoL, but this made me lol. Thanks OP.
I think I've heard of stories like this more than once. From what I understand, it's considered a form of trolling/feeding/griefing to play with PuGs and deviating from the standard setup. They tell you to play with friends if you're going to do that, but throw bans if you're doing it with strangers.

Man, if that was a bannable offense here, I'd've been shut out long ago for my Abathur picks. Hell, there's a guy in HotS who plays nothing but supports, and another in Overwatch who played nothing but Bastion all the way to Grand Master; I wonder if, had Riot been in charge, they would have been banned?
02/28/2017 02:27 PMPosted by SiegeMachine
02/28/2017 02:24 PMPosted by Daegas
"Over 3,000 games and never silenced. The system is fine."

Did you play Tassadar exclusively upon rework release for numerous games? I got silenced for it.

I doubt that's why you got silenced, and i have played unpopular heroes like Gaz, Hammer, and Azmodan for over a year almost constantly. So stop with that sympathy play. It just looks pathetic.

And I've played Gaz for longer than that, and never got silenced for it. Stop with being pathetically self absorbed in your mini-world applying what you know to the world at large.
The guy clearly deserved to get banned for what he did. We all know Riot enforces the meta as they should so what's the big deal? There are tons of sites you can check up on the meta.
02/28/2017 12:26 PMPosted by KyuubiJRR

It's like when people get mad at me in HotS for taking Mind Control on Sylvanas and Resurrect on Auriel. Yeah it isn't the "meta" pick, both Heroics are considered s***-tier, but I also know when and when not to use them to really turn matches around.

I would also report you hoping you get silenced and kicked out of ranked for picking mind control and resurrect. Theres no reason but trolling to pick those trash ultimates over arrow and crystal. People will report you a lot until you get silenced.
02/28/2017 09:48 PMPosted by DwarfGamer
I would also report you hoping you get silenced and kicked out of ranked for picking mind control and resurrect. Theres no reason but trolling to pick those trash ultimates over arrow and crystal. People will report you a lot until you get silenced.

You have zero right to decide what others pick or not, your only task is to go along with it, and focus on your gameplay.
02/28/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Daegas
02/28/2017 12:51 PMPosted by SiegeMachine
And this is why i will never, EVER play League of Bull!@#$ and will not ever complain about HotS silence system.
And yet it's exactly the same in HotS. Bunch of people report you, then you get silenced. Only LoL is fair about it.

I wonder what is the definition of "fair" in this case, because this guy clearly got banned for not going for meta and somehow that triggered many idjits living in basement. I wouldn't call that FAIR, it almost makes me feel like their system of banning people is also operated by robots doing jack !@#$, while they act like it is done by humans.

IMO Only thing you should get banned/silenced for is intentionally throwing a game, early 5 min gg, and toxic behaivor. (I dunno why people want to be so TOXIC against their very own teammates though)
This is actually a good lesson to be learnt.

Don't let the meta sheep take control of the game.
LoL's meta is so rigid and deep set, and its unnerving to see Riot executing bans on players who go off-meta. It's ridiculous, they are sandboxing their own game.

Similarly, there are people in this game who would not hesitate to report you because you picked Tassadar as the sole support, or you picked the "wrong heroic", or you didn't do the right lane configuration they came up with in their heads.

Don't let this game end up with some stupid rigid meta. Always resist being a sheep.
02/28/2017 09:41 PMPosted by KingFeeder
The guy clearly deserved to get banned for what he did. We all know Riot enforces the meta as they should so what's the big deal? There are tons of sites you can check up on the meta.

You don't understand why being a slave to the meta is a bad thing?

That's seriously flawed. Often times, the "meta" thing to do isn't actually the right thing, since pros are capable of doing things the average player can't or doesn't do. Pro games have dynamics which are MUCH different from regular player's games.

Honestly, in a lot of games, the difference between a pro and regular player is day and night.
02/28/2017 10:52 PMPosted by Starkalam
02/28/2017 09:48 PMPosted by DwarfGamer

You have zero right to decide what others pick or not, your only task is to go along with it, and focus on your gameplay.

Never said I want to decide for them. I wont even comment it in game, Blizzard taught us well how to exploit their silence system. They can decide to troll and pick a bad heroic that give us bad winning odds, and I can decide to report them for toxic behaviour. That's the silence system we have that is constanstly abused and I just use it. You have zero rights to decide who I report for toxic behaviour. Someone picking mind control for me is a troll and he needs to go out from ranked games as soon as possible. We have quick match to pick trash heroes and trash talents without causing a loss for 4 other guys who are trying to climb the ladder.
03/01/2017 01:18 AMPosted by DwarfGamer
02/28/2017 10:52 PMPosted by Starkalam

Never said I want to decide for them. I wont even comment it in game, Blizzard taught us well how to exploit their silence system. They can decide to troll and pick a bad heroic that give us bad winning odds, and I can decide to report them for toxic behaviour. That's the silence system we have that is constanstly abused and I just use it. You have zero rights to decide who I report for toxic behaviour. Someone picking mind control for me is a troll and he needs to go out from ranked games as soon as possible. We have quick match to pick trash heroes and trash talents without causing a loss for 4 other guys who are trying to climb the ladder.

People like you are the problem with the whole silence system. False reporting like that is a far more ban worthy offense than merely playing off-meta heroics/strategies.
03/01/2017 01:18 AMPosted by DwarfGamer
Someone picking mind control for me is a troll and he needs to go out from ranked games as soon as possible. We have quick match to pick trash heroes and trash talents without causing a loss for 4 other guys who are trying to climb the ladder.

That's , like, your opinion man. Last Sylvanas I had in HL who picked Mind Control said they might go for it when the other team drafted three Warriors.

We won.

I used to play LoL, but was extremely casual and newbie. I normally got a bit of flack in quick and ranked for preferring Ghost over Flash on a few champions I played once I got confident on them after I had levelled to max and was working on my strategies. Everything is so forced over there; buy wards, why no item X built yet, you save someone from certain death and get flamed for kill stealing after 1 kill, and so on. Ugh.

Riot kinda have themselves to blame for not encouraging off meta strategies or picks, and allowing players to select any two of the Summoner spells, regardless of what role they are filling. (Or just making one of them baseline for the role they are arguably for, if they insist this is trolling behaviour, as to avoid incidents like this in the future).
#LoLisCancer
Looking through the comments from the guy, he does seem fairly set in his ways, to the point of stubborn arrogance. While a 2 week ban from the whole game may seem steep, he says that time and again, he is a one trick pony. To me, that basically means that he is always trying to go with his personal Nunu strategy, and everyone else be damned.

It's great an' all to flip the meta on it's head, or pick a lesser seen hero or build to do something entirely new or different, but the guy says he's been doing it for two years, playing on the same two champions. How would you feel if you kept having the same guy show up in your ranked games, playing Nova,Illidan or Robo Gaz, even first picking them (as I assume this guy would do with Nunu before they even get a chance to see his copy paste paragraph about how he's a counter-jungle roamer) right away, while saying their tactic works... just over half the time?

You'd be pist. Ah well, besides the Warwick rework, I'm glad the game hasn't tempted me to go back to it.