Probius Suggestions (art)

Hero and Skin Suggestions
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I'd like a Shakuras skin for Probius where he has Zergling bones attacked to him with a little mask.
Cool.
Great idea! +1
I'd also like a Night Elf Wisp skin for Probius, with Ancients as their pylons.
Hello again. I'm saddened to see this still hasn't been implemented. This, the 20th StarCraft anniversary would have been the perfect opportunity.
06/08/2017 01:53 PMPosted by BlizzCareena
Hi Giammod,

I posted this in a more recent thread, but wanted to stop by this one as well to let you know that the Probius team agree, they're going to look into making this happen. Thanks for the post!

What happened Careena? D:

Did you get too busy? Did you change your minds?
porbius is still the same art... :(
Probius still needs updated. No more simple recolors being passed as lore skins. There should be no reason that Nerazim Probius is just a recolor.
shameless bump
03/23/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Kratos
06/08/2017 01:53 PMPosted by BlizzCareena
Hi Giammod,

I posted this in a more recent thread, but wanted to stop by this one as well to let you know that the Probius team agree, they're going to look into making this happen. Thanks for the post!

What happened Careena? D:

Did you get too busy? Did you change your minds?
I wouldn't mind an answer to this too. when you see the blue text you feel hopeful, like blizzard is taking notice of the community's concerns but that blue post is almost a year old. and Probius still sees no love.
I'm hoping Probius gets more lore skins soon. Blizzard needs to remember to apply these skins to his Pylon and Cannon as well.
Here we are at the precipice of yet another major release and Probius' structures still don't match his skin. The longer this goes on especially after the blue post the more this hurts my favorite little probe. Is it a matter of resources? Seriously, contact me, I'll make the pylon and cannons for you; Free and without the need for credit. Because I want this.
My disappointment and disapproval of the recent hero release aside, the fact is that this is actually even more disappointing to me.

My only hope is that they are waiting for the perfect time to release these changes.

Otherwise this is just shameful of blizzard. They want this game to succeed yet they ignore the feedback they get on a variety of subjects including stuff like this.

03/30/2018 06:31 PMPosted by navy3001
shameless bump

Shameless? No, my friend. Not simply shameless, be PROUD of that bump. That is a proud bump in service to everyone's favorite probe.
Unfortunately, things like this can be hard to implement, depending on how the game is programmed. It's more than just adjusting a shader, they might have to create a brand new asset for every skin color, and that would be a whole lot of work and memory for a single hero. It's possible the program isn't even able to call different assets only based on the skin color.

So while it is a wonderful idea, and apparently one they want to implement, it will take a lot of time and work in a project that already takes a lot of time and work.
I's actually not that hard, the game is already made to accommodate "Pets" (as those extra structures are called e.g. pylons, photon cannons, gaz's turrets) that match their owner's skin. the hard part, which I already conceded would be the resources needed to make all those assets. The time it takes to make them is not that much. I made all the assets on the first page in less than a couple hours, and if resource really is a problem; that's why I volunteered to do the task. The added file size of assets for all of Probius' pets is negligible.
Different skins, yes. Different colors for the same skin, no. Seemingly simple things can be very complicated if the system wasn't specifically designed to handle it.
06/05/2018 01:54 PMPosted by MrCLFN
Different skins, yes. Different colors for the same skin, no. Seemingly simple things can be very complicated if the system wasn't specifically designed to handle it.
And I'm saying it is able to accommodate different tints. I've seen under the hood, I've been involved with game art and modding since Marathon on mac in the mid-90's I'm not speaking hypothetically. Besides Abathur and Alexstrasza already utilize the feature.
And for further clarification, the different colors are different skins, in game they're called tints but behind the scenes each tint of a skin is an all new skin.
For example Fenix's default skin is called "Fenix_Base." His twilight tint is a separate skin called "Fenix_Base_Var1." His brown Guardian skin is called "Fenix_Guardian_Var2" and so on.
I didn't know this was something I needed until I saw your recolored skins now I wonder why it never occurred to me before, these are amazing though!
do it blizzard
I never play probius but I did play StarCraft and having a black and red probe summoning gold yellow structures looks odd. For the ppl that play probius it would make it better if it were changed blizzard.
It's that time again.
Time to complain about Alexstraza's model? Nope.
Time to bash the Overwatch heroes? No…
Time to spin the wheel of morality? Yes! wait, no:

Another major update has come and my favorite little builder has not had this issue addressed

https://i.imgur.com/Q6kSdXd.png
Sad.