Does anyone actually enjoy Hero League? I'm curious...

Competitive Discussion
Yeah I start smurfs every season to climb to Masters from Gold. Pretty fun if not for the queue time.
I try my best to not flame and not get tilted, as certain players can not draft, they for some reason will take a KT into a Valerra, they wont take a cleanse hero vs Jania or a CC chain team, last night we took Chromie with a morales, so we get 2 defenseless heroes that we have to protect vs a dive team.... or when We need a tank or at least a warrior and the guy picks Nazeebo last pick. Unlucky enough my teammate and I carried with Tass and Ming enough to beat silver league bads.
Simply put... HoTS does not and has not been able to attract AND RETAIN a large enough pool of skilled players. Don't take my word for it, just watch the VOD's of all the GM HoTS Steamers that consistently make GM each Season and see what happens after EVERY Season launch!!!

Complete placements ALWAYS get placed in Diamond and then grind the Clown Fiesta to get back were they belong in the first place. It's the SAME thing for ALL of them Grubby, Chu8, Mewn, SC2FanTV, DunkTrain and others!!!

Mewn is the most vocal about the situation but I have seen EVERYONE of them at one time of another, get so frustrated with HoTS ability to find QUALITY players, during start of Season that they either stop the Stream or switch to another game!!!! This happens EVERY Season!

So yeah, not just me that feels this way, the BEST players in HoTS completely agree that the current player pool is WAY too under-skilled and/or under-popped to have any kind of quality match making for Solo Ranked!!!! Just comes down to Teammate RNG!
Nope. I will now explain why. I climbed from gold 4 to diamond in only 2 seasons. From gold to plat, then from plat to diamond. I even have my team were we always play as 5 and we were learned from rly high class players, so we know when to take camps, mock punisher in, to take good compositions and so on. And then blizzard announced HL will be played as 1 player. So... i don't have my teammate in game now so i can't tell ppl what should they do and how. This season i kept meeting players with 200 games who don't have a clue what to do in game, troll picks like TLV on immortals cuz that's his main hero and he knows everything, and ppl who just don't want to cooparate (for example, someone dies on punisher shrine, then i say go back and soak lanes we cant go 4v5. Nope... they all go in and die and then its my fault cuz i didn't go with them). So i kept losing and now i am on plat 4. Not enjoying at all cuz for me HL is cancer, and even if u win, u won on some retarded way so u cant even tell how that happend.
HL is !@#$ing garbage.
Wish i could agree but i just went from plat to diamond and ive made a lot of mistakes in the past...i keep minimizing them and capitalizing on their mistakes

ive gotten better not gonna lie...makes a difference
Wish i could agree but i just went from plat to diamond and ive made a lot of mistakes in the past...i keep minimizing them and capitalizing on their mistakes

03/29/2017 08:13 AMPosted by Coccyx

Well, I for one have never argued that it's impossible to level up. As long as you're not completely throwing every match you will EVENTUALLY Rank up!

The PROBLEM is that the quality of the matches that you have to play in order to Rank up is just trash! all the way on up to Masters. Just watch ANY of the HoTS Streamers that make Masters/GM each Season, as they try to Rank up out of the mandatory Diamond Ranking that get each start of a New Season!

Every 3rd or 4th match, or less, is full of players that Draft unskilled and then build the trash Heroes they pick with even WORSE talent builds!!! Then these players commence to run around the map in a manner that would barely suffice vs AI let alone a RANKED match!!! No wonder, ALL these Streamers eventually have gotten so frustrated they stopped Streaming altogether, for the day, or switched to another game and hope for better Teammates the next day.

Either way Ranked is trash whether you're actually playing to Rank or watching the Streamers who painfully have to grind on through the trash player-base to get to were they belong anyway.
I far prefer Hero league to team

I average at plat 4- plat 3. Team league i have mid low gold friends. Team league I see quite a few instances where the enemy team gets stacked with diamonds and even masters with a #. It isn't fun to get stomped by a master who can carry hard, especially if the rest of the team does everything they can to protect the master.

Hero I feel I fight games that are more my skill level, rather than a random roll of the dice like team league.
its better for sure than unranked draft I stuck with (silenced)
ppl here are making excuses that unranked is not serious mode

what a stupid excuse
if it has mmr = it's as serious as ranked