How to get placed in Gold?

General Discussion
Now I guess you guys are wondering why I specifically want to get placed in gold and it is because I want to prove to my friends that a Gold to GM Grind is not impossible. Recently they have been complaining about how bad the MM is and how they just can't get good people on their team or whatever so I just basically want to show them it is possible.

I have about 40 games or so on this account and last season I placed Gold 1 TL after going 10-0 in placements. Now since I don't know much about how the MM works with Hero League in terms of where you're being placed; I know the initial games work off your QM mmr but my TL mmr should be higher than QM so would it go off my TL? What actions should I take to ensure that I get placed in Gold?
It doesn't matter, you never going to climb up to GM if you ask such questions...
I'm asking these questions because as a GM who's placed Diamond 3 all his life I don't know what to do to place lower
03/20/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Karma
Now I guess you guys are wondering why I specifically want to get placed in gold and it is because I want to prove to my friends that a Gold to GM Grind is not impossible. Recently they have been complaining about how bad the MM is and how they just can't get good people on their team or whatever so I just basically want to show them it is possible.

I have about 40 games or so on this account and last season I placed Gold 1 TL after going 10-0 in placements. Now since I don't know much about how the MM works with Hero League in terms of where you're being placed; I know the initial games work off your QM mmr but my TL mmr should be higher than QM so would it go off my TL? What actions should I take to ensure that I get placed in Gold?
why would you assume your MMR in one mode would be drastically different than another? You're the same player.
It is impossible I go 10/10 in placement and I get bronze
A gm climbing out of lower leagues really isn't proving anything. Show me a gold player that can climb from Bronze back to gold. Show me a plat player that can climb from silver back to plat. That would show us that rank is accurate. Obviously a gm can climb out of lower leagues, but not all of us play at GM llevel. I think there are many people who are in mmr hell currently. If someone plays at a low plat level could they really carry out of silver all the way back 5 plat? I really don't think so.
If you can only maintain a 50% winrate in your current league, you're properly placed.
I have started every season in Gold, one of them I grinded to diamond, two I grinded to plat 2. I started gold 3 this season, am plat 4 atm, almost plat 3.\

I don't even stress about placement matches, if you want to get placed in gold, you have to be queued against gold players. Your placement in league seems to be determined by who you play against and not where you were last season.

I get out of gold easily, I have a 58% win rate against golds and plats atm. I have made alt accounts on other servers, trust me when I say that the players in silver and below, are really really really BAD. Thats the nice way to put it, so bad that a player of high gold to plat skill can EASILY carry games there, I did smurf placements against them and it was really hilarious.
03/20/2017 12:15 PMPosted by NailgunJesus
Well if you go 10/10 lose, I not wonder that you got to your well deserved place.
03/20/2017 02:12 PMPosted by SneakySquid
03/20/2017 12:15 PMPosted by NailgunJesus
Well if you go 10/10 lose, I not wonder that you got to your well deserved place.

I agree, but remember trolls and whiners screw up people's placements, it happened to me this season. Ended last season plat 2, started this season gold 3. People love to throw drafts and talk trash to their team, you gotta be positive in every game. You can actually win troll games, just not all of them.
Buy a gold account.
03/20/2017 02:07 PMPosted by GodlyLegit
I have started every season in Gold, one of them I grinded to diamond, two I grinded to plat 2. I started gold 3 this season, am plat 4 atm, almost plat 3.

I creeped your MMR chart from hotslogs out of curiosity. Do you have any clue why your MMR drops like a rock every time you do placements for a new season? Seems like you recover quick, but it's happened to you like 2-3 times. Haven't seen anything like that.
Dude, don't waste your time on this. Just keep playing in your own league and have fun. Show them some Nostromia vods that show she climbs from Bronze to (grand)master.
03/20/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Sothis
03/20/2017 02:07 PMPosted by GodlyLegit
I have started every season in Gold, one of them I grinded to diamond, two I grinded to plat 2. I started gold 3 this season, am plat 4 atm, almost plat 3.

I creeped your MMR chart from hotslogs out of curiosity. Do you have any clue why your MMR drops like a rock every time you do placements for a new season? Seems like you recover quick, but it's happened to you like 2-3 times. Haven't seen anything like that.

This is explained by hotslogs. Dig deeper on the website and you'll find it. It's intentional.
Start a new account and win about 13/15 games and you'll be placed in Gold 3. I did it.
03/20/2017 12:25 PMPosted by iiicarus
A gm climbing out of lower leagues really isn't proving anything. Show me a gold player that can climb from Bronze back to gold. Show me a plat player that can climb from silver back to plat. That would show us that rank is accurate. Obviously a gm can climb out of lower leagues, but not all of us play at GM llevel. I think there are many people who are in mmr hell currently. If someone plays at a low plat level could they really carry out of silver all the way back 5 plat? I really don't think so.

I placed p3 fell to p4 and ended up d2 then I fell to d3, unfortunately I got 9 month silence so couldn't see if I can reach master during season.

But I guess I would reach master, it's only a matter of games played and not getting tilted too much. I was stuck in platinum 3, then I was stuck in diamond 5, quality of games was the same, you just have to pick hero that is able to carry and hope it's not one of those game where your teammates will completely ruin it by wasting every chance for a comeback.

How was it possible that 30% (or something) of players were rank 1 preseason? It's because preseason lasted over a year and there was no rigged promotion matches.

The problem is, even if I reach master my MMR won't be high enough to even secure me d3 start next season. I get 2-8 in placements, which is quite possible since placement games are so random and I will start next season platinum and again have to play all those awful games full of clueless players.