Cho'Gall 26% Win rate wp blizz

General Discussion
i gues that over 14% hp nerf for a hero thats TWO PEOPLE in fact did hurt the hero
gee i wonder why its not like if he dies its 2 people which wll lead to the other 3 getting jumped and slaughtered by easy xp advantage
No the problem is that new players play it for the free hero reward and suck with him.

I've played with some players lately and was Cho. It's a pain to see that the players can't detonate Cho's bomb or can't anticipate for what you actually aimed and detonate it too late or too early. Or that they don't speed boost you when you are about to die, that they don't use shove correctly to help you chasing or get away. That they don't understand how the new trait works and you can type 5 times in chat that they should finally press their trait to boost their damage. Or that Gall's don't understand that the ult can be clicked again to explode early. Then they wait until it explodes automatically and all enemies are already gone in the meantime.
03/17/2017 12:45 AMPosted by Yokihiro
No the problem is that new players play it for the free hero reward and suck with him.

I've played with some players lately and was Cho. It's a pain to see that the players can't detonate Cho's bomb or can't anticipate for what you actually aimed and detonate it too late or too early. Or that they don't speed boost you when you are about to die, that they don't use shove correctly to help you chasing or get away. That they don't understand how the new trait works and you can type 5 times in chat that they should finally press their trait to boost their damage. Or that Gall's don't understand that the ult can be clicked again to explode early. Then they wait until it explodes automatically and all enemies are already gone in the meantime.

This is based on hotslogs which only records data from ranked games.

People confident enough with Cho'gall in ranked (an incredible 167 times, compared to thousands for the other heroes) didn't make it to a 27% win rate.
03/17/2017 12:47 AMPosted by Grinra
03/17/2017 12:45 AMPosted by Yokihiro

This is based on hotslogs which only records data from ranked games.

People confident enough with Cho'gall in ranked (an incredible 167 times, compared to thousands for the other heroes) didn't make it to a 27% win rate.

Since when has confidence got to do with anything?
what i dont understand is the need to provide situational armor to cho'gall, remove that, make gall's trait activatable instead of a toggle.
Im a masterskin chogall player that used to do very well on him.

This new trait thing to chose between hp or dmg just ruined the hero. He needed a rework but this mechanic is just not wanted and frustrating to deal with. Also the escape got worse.
This feels like a !@# nerf
They raised his skill floor and ceiling and he's even more dependent on working with his other head to be good. That's why his win rate is low. People can't get their heads around not playing him when not on voice chat.
Yesterday I played 5 times in TL with Chogall. We won 4 games :)

LVL 4 and LVL 7 : Gall must choose the quests because other talents are just useless. LVL 4 Quest is very strong with LVL 13 Cho's talent (CD reduction)

I had 109 stacks at the end of a game in Battlefields of Eternity : an E'spell dealed more than 1100 damages ans Cho can spam his E'spell !!!!!

In my opinion the new Chogall has so much bad talents and his basic statistics have been nerfed but with the E'spell build in maps where you can poke a lot, he's now very strong (tomb of the spider queen, BoE, Cursed Hollow, ToD...)
You're talking about his solo-queue win rate.

As in, two people who don't know eachother at all choosing to try out the hero in a solo-queue environment.

Of course his winrate's low.

in Team League his winrate is a much more respectable (though still low) 41%.