2.0, do the math.

General Discussion
I think the whiners here do not realize that the

What people are complaining about is that it will probably take 4x as long for an existing player to get the:
- 500 common chests
- 100 rare chests
- 20 epic chests.
than a new player.

No it will not, in fact it will take almost exactly the same time as the XP required to gain a level will cap at level 12. So only the first 12 levels will be gained faster. Let's assume those first 12 levels will require 3 times less XP than other levels, that will be basically 8 free levels.

So basically you will get :

- 40 common loot chests
- 20 rare chests
- 5 epic chests

New players will get :

About 8 levels for free
You can't possibly be that stupid. It takes literally one game to level a hero to 1. So 40 games for 40 loot boxes, provided you have access to all heroes (which you won't, but probably could easily do in 5 or 6 free rotations).

On the other hand, we have someone who owns 50% (or all) of the heroes, and has most of them leveled to a minimum of 5, potentially 9 or 10. Even if they nerf the hell out of the experience needed to level after 10, it still won't be below a million or two of XP, with the likelihood of being higher.

Okay, so this one guy has to play 40 games for 40 boxes, this other veteran guy needs to play... 5 to 10 games for one, at a !@#$%^- minimum?

Yes, newbs will start off gaining quickly, then slowing down, whereas veterans will start off slow and remain slow forever, other than the small spikes with every new champion that is released. 70 boxes will not account for the amount of time people have invested in this game since its inception.
03/30/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Ravenine
Yes, newbs will start off gaining quickly, then slowing down, whereas veterans will start off slow and remain slow forever, other than the small spikes with every new champion that is released. 70 boxes will not account for the amount of time people have invested in this game since its inception.

They will slow down to the same XP gain rate as veterans once they reach 12 account levels, that is what they say in the presentation video so please watch it again before you call anyone stupid.
I think blizz dosnt care or just dosnt want everything to go free, aswell as ppl who bring up the excuse that you will keep all skin variations from live to the 2.0, thats utter BS all bassic skin variations are free for every1 all other skins you need to pay with real life currency aswell as the mounts, The only skins you dont pay for are the master skins but those you already need a character LvL 10+ wich means you will lose out on the aditional character specific chests wich are awarded every 10 hero lvls.

If they dont want the veteran players to have everyskin from the get go by getting all the chests they should be getting I feel they should be compensated in an other way, I would be happy if they would reward ppl with maybe say a 30day stimpack for every 200 lvls we gained.

My current ingame hero lvl is 513 and atm i dont even feel like playing anymore if i will get more rewards for time spent in a month when 2.0 releases
For those of you that think the Noobies on day 1 of 2.0 have it better, here's a simple solution.

Start a smurf account and take advantage of the sweet, sweet noob treasure.

I figure about a month you'll abandon it.
03/30/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Aowin
I think blizz dosnt care or just dosnt want everything to go free, aswell as ppl who bring up the excuse that you will keep all skin variations from live to the 2.0, thats utter BS all bassic skin variations are free for every1 all other skins you need to pay with real life currency aswell as the mounts, The only skins you dont pay for are the master skins but those you already need a character LvL 10+ wich means you will lose out on the aditional character specific chests wich are awarded every 10 hero lvls.

If they dont want the veteran players to have everyskin from the get go by getting all the chests they should be getting I feel they should be compensated in an other way, I would be happy if they would reward ppl with maybe say a 30day stimpack for every 200 lvls we gained.

My current ingame hero lvl is 513 and atm i dont even feel like playing anymore if i will get more rewards for time spent in a month when 2.0 releases

I would work on getting all of my heroes right on the edge of their next levels, without leveling them up. Then when 2.0 rolls out, BOOM push them all over. sweet sweet treasure.
OP, you didn't mention the elephant in the room:

1) We won't get the 150 gems per 5 levels

2) We won't get the hero specific loot crates every 10 hero levels.

That means, that since the game has 64 heroes and new accounts can get the first 10 levels MUCH FASTER than veteran accounts can get levels, it means new accounts will get in a very short time period huge amounts of gems and hero specific crates that veteran accounts will simply never get.

How is that for fair?

We veterans were all hyped for the new loot system, since Blizzard had said that rewards would be retroactive, now we see what a bunch of lies it all was. Personally i am done with spending money on anything Blizzard-made, enough is enough.
03/30/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Aowin

If you play this game only to get "rewards" indeed you should quit and play a game you actually enjoy playing.
We do not have to overlook that each tint of a skin is now a reward of a chest.
This means that the current tint veteran player get when having a hero go to level 8. Same with the differents mounts, master skin or any other purchased skins.

For a new player, even if he got his Uther beloved hero to level 55, he might not be able to get this lovely black skin that look so badass, while the veteran player that I am just got free and use because I played 40 game with him when he was OP.

When 2.0 launch, I will happilly open my free loot chest and have some time playing with all my new shiny toy for my Malibu Stacy, because as many have said, having a skin color matching my mount colour is OP :)
03/30/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Flammy
03/30/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Ravenine

They will slow down to the same XP gain rate as veterans once they reach 12 account levels, that is what they say in the presentation video so please watch it again before you call anyone stupid.

Flammy, I believe you are confused about the XP and leveling. Heroes are getting XP and leveling up. Player level only goes up when you level a hero. At hero level 12, the XP per level evens out for that hero and would match what the veteran HotS player would need to level that hero. So no, new accounts reaching player level 12 will not be on the same footing as a veteran. When the hero is at level 12, that hero on the new account will be on the same footing as the veteran's account hero. In your previous post about 8 free levels, that is per hero.

That is why some people are upset over the loot chests.

I'm a little sad about not being able to accumulate loot as quickly as new accounts, but I'm still looking forward to 2.0 for my free chests.
Edit: Also, gems.
03/30/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Dye4
03/30/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Flammy

Flammy, I believe you are confused about the XP and leveling. Heroes are getting XP and leveling up. Player level only goes up when you level a hero. At hero level 12, the XP per level evens out for that hero and would match what the veteran HotS player would need to level that hero. So no, new accounts reaching player level 12 will not be on the same footing as a veteran. When the hero is at level 12, that hero on the new account will be on the same footing as the veteran's account hero. In your previous post about 8 free levels, that is per hero.

That is why some people are upset over the loot chests.

I'm a little sad about not being able to accumulate loot as quickly as new accounts, but I'm still looking forward to 2.0 for my free chests.
Edit: Also, gems.

Thank you. Can I call people stupid now, Flammy? Or would you like to watch the video again?
03/30/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Kenjin
03/29/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Rptr04
Or think of it this way:

A noobie on day 1 gets absolutely nothing.

A veteran with level 500 on day 1 gets :

- 40 common loot chests
- 20 rare chests
- 5 epic chests:

Can you see how much preferential treatment the veteran player gets? All that free stuff and the new player gets nothing! How fair! /sarcasm

So you consider anything a veteran gets as a bonus?

Which means you think it'd be just acceptable that a lvl 500 old player gets nothing, whereas a lvl 500 new player will have 500 chests?

Come on... If you change the system, you make sure that veteran players get the same thing as new players with the same number of time spent.

You can't say it's free, it's not, it's just what we're supposed to have to make things even.

You're looking at the whole situation the wrong way.

A veteran player is not getting nothing. They're getting all those boxes while the new player gets absolutely nothing.

All the heroes the veteran player grinded to 10 or 20 puts them behind the new player in terms of boxes gained via progression, yes, that is true -- but only in the early levels from 1-10. However, in the same time it takes the new player to grind 500 levels of progression to receive boxes, the veteran player is grinding out more levels to get the same boxes. By the time the new player reaches level 500 to equal the veteran player who had level 500 on day 1 of HOTS 2.0, the veteran player may be at 1,000. So who really has the advantage here?

So, the real question is, are the 70 box cap for veteran players a fair advantage to the veteran player losing out on the new progression of levels 1 to 10 for heroes? Who knows, that's a math game on the XP grind from 10+ on with all heroes.

Math aside, veteran players are receiving a handicap that favors them by 70 boxes vice 0. That's definitely not nothing. At the end of the day, you're still playing the game and going to unlock all the new cosmetics eventually.