Heroes 2.0 Open Beta Battleground Rotation Adjustment

General Discussion
To make it easier for players to experience our newest Battleground, Hanamura, we will be limiting our Matchmaker battleground rotation to just Hanamura on the Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Open Beta. This includes Quick Match, Unranked Draft, Hero League, Team League, and all Vs. A.I. matches. All other Battlegrounds will still be available in custom games.

Thanks!
This map is fun and all but it is getting boring only having 10 min matches.

I feel like the cores need more than 7HP.
Hanamura matches are indeed to short... cores need more hp
I have felt a bit bored with the map overall after a good handful of games. I think part of it is due to Mercs not assisting in lane, and the Turret having such a short duration once placed.

Fights can be fun/interesting at the Payloads, but the Payloads can also be an unwanted distraction at times. I find myself NOT assisting our Payload just to prolong the match for more experience >.>

The map is beautiful, and I enjoy aspects of it. But idk, maybe it's because I'm playing AI? Maybe it's time to step up the difficulty level.
04/20/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Marukeru
I have felt a bit bored with the map overall after a good handful of games. I think part of it is due to Mercs not assisting in lane, and the Turret having such a short duration once placed.

Fights can be fun/interesting at the Payloads, but the Payloads can also be an unwanted distraction at times. I find myself NOT assisting our Payload just to prolong the match for more experience >.>

The map is beautiful, and I enjoy aspects of it. But idk, maybe it's because I'm playing AI? Maybe it's time to step up the difficulty level.

I'm still baffled that so many people play vs ai.
The ai is way to easy, the only reason blizzard probably doesn't make them better is because its unhealthy for the game In my opinion, for so many people to vs ai, which so many people already do.
I suggest playing against actual players, but be relaxed (dont want other players ruining your time), its way more fun.
Love the new map and mechanics. My major complaint is the length of the match. 7 core HP makes this thing feel like a brawl. I've read complaints about it possibly being too snow bally (like how Infernal Shrines was on release) but I haven't had this problem yet.
This map feels more like a WoW Battleground than a MOBA. Personally, I think it's great. The couple of games I have played were all relatively close and went to at least level 16 talent tier.
04/19/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Murwin
I feel like the cores need more than 7HP.

I can agree on that. And considering the number of ways the core can recieve damage, i think increasing it to 15 would still be fine. Later on the damage increases anyway so there will be a point where its not going to be that much about single damage shots.

04/20/2017 09:02 PMPosted by Kaiserfaust
I've read complaints about it possibly being too snow bally

Compare it to towers of doom where you can regain the towers to reduce the incoming damage and you find the reason why its very snowbally. Once down to 3hp and losing both keeps, the only way to survive is to stop the payloads. Which on 2 lanes is going to be nearly impossible.

Where the comparing situation on towers of doom would represent 15hp, which even if you lost all but 1 tower would take 12 damage when losing 2 shrines.

I think a good way to balance the map is either increasing the HP of the core, or allow a way to regain the keeps/forts.
Yeah, this map needs more than 7 HP core. Otherwise is rly fun and a great new addition to HotS :).

PS: 10+ HP core will be enough.
+1 for more core HP.
04/20/2017 05:29 PMPosted by GameDog
04/20/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Marukeru

I'm still baffled that so many people play vs ai.
The ai is way to easy, the only reason blizzard probably doesn't make them better is because its unhealthy for the game In my opinion, for so many people to vs ai, which so many people already do.
I suggest playing against actual players, but be relaxed (dont want other players ruining your time), its way more fun.

I only play AI too.
People are too buttmad in PvP. They all talk about "losing time" when they lose a match. They don't care about enjoying the game.
Also MOBAs attracts the worst kind of people. Just watch some twitch stream and you will see the !@#$stains that play these games.

I'm glad blizzard lets you get rewards when playing against AI.
Not at all a fan of the immune core. Detracts from the fun of a breakaway push to me. Combined with towers of doom thats two too many maps that have core immunity.

I love that hots adds little unique twists to the moba genre, but the immune core just doesn't do that for me. The other maps have mechanics that enhance your ability to push and destroy core, which is great. When your ability to destroy core is literally taken away and is ONLY destructible by an objective that is not fun to me at all. You have not added to the game, you have taken away.
I dont like this Core maps at all. Like Towers of Doom map and Hanamura map. Would like a rework on it. Good Ide but this bombs against the cores aint even fun at all.
I like the lane push thing.
When is this torment supposed to end? After a week or a month?
I don't feel like this map rotation change was what the game needed, it causes players to quickly get board with the same for maps. At least increase it to 6 rather than 4, but i would prefer just not having it at all, there is not a very good reason.
04/17/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Ravinix
To make it easier for players to experience our newest Battleground, Hanamura, we will be limiting our Matchmaker battleground rotation to just Hanamura on the Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Open Beta. This includes Quick Match, Unranked Draft, Hero League, Team League, and all Vs. A.I. matches. All other Battlegrounds will still be available in custom games.

Thanks!

Lots of people are complaining about this limited map pool, yet we still haven't gotten any official statement or changes.. We literary stop playing after 1 week, this reduced map pool really hurts the game and it's pointless for the re-launch.

check these reddit posts please:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/68njvj/this_reduced_map_pool_is_really_annoying/?sort=new

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/68iwxg/please_let_us_play_all_the_maps_in_quick_match/
We literary stop playing after 1 week

Im still playing.

Ty for removing BHB and DS ^_^
Can you guys get the map pool back to normal?? its been a week for people to get the new map a bunch and voice there opinion... I find games too short. 7hp core is too low, 10 would be about right. i dont think ive hit lv 20 yet on that map. that being said i dont want 35 minute games either.
Well they said that the map pool is limited to Hanamura only, but the curren mappool consist of what? 6 maps out of 13ish? Why is that happening cause it sure ain't not cause of the Hanamura limitation it was for the Open Beta only anyway,
04/17/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Ravinix

Thanks!
Please shorten the duration of this rotation, this rotation has gotten really old and really tiring already. This is seriously awful and is making me not want to play at all