Screen Shake

Bug Report
Anyone else does not like the screen shakes? They serve absolutely no purpose to the game, other than being annoying. They cause you to lose focus and nausea for some people. In general, my friends don't like screen shakes, and I asked streamers on twitch, and they do not like them either. So please add an option to disable them or either completely disable them.
I experience motion sickness as well caused by the new screen shake. I first noticed this as Stitches and his Slam causes a slow but accentuated screen shake. Diablo 3 has a setting to disable this (via config file), but I'm not seeing an option in HotS and I have tried turning down my settings but it seems baked in to the game.
Are you guys living in a hazard zone? Because I'm not seeing shaking anywhere.
Do Slam (W) using stitches in Training mode to verify.
I went through all of the heroes in Try Mode just now to see which would be best for someone who gets motion sick due to screen shake to avoid:

Spells with Screen Shake
------------------------

Zagara - Nydus Network (R)
Genji - Swift Strike (E)
Sgt. Hammer - Concussive Blast (W), Blunt Force Gun (R), Napalm Strike (R)
Gazlowe - Deth Lazor (W)
Lucio - Soundwave (Q), Sound Barrier (R)
Valeera - Blade Flurry (W)
Zul'jin - Twin Cleave (W), Guillotine (R)
Ragnaros - Sulfuras Smash (R)
Alarak - Lightning Surge (E)
Cho - Upheaval (R)
Karazhim - Radiant Dash (Q) (Only with Volley of Blows Talent Lv. 16), Seven-Sided Strike (R)
Anub'arak - Burrow Charge (E) (Upon resurface)
Li Li - Water Dragon (R)
Diablo - Shadow Charge (Q), Fire Stomp (W), Overpower (E)
E.T.C. - Face Melt (W), Stage Dive (R) (Landing only)
Falstad - Hinterland Blast (R)
Kerrigan - Impaling Blades (W)
Muradin - Thunder Clap (W), Dwarf Toss (E), Haymaker (R)
Sonya - Ancient Spear (Q) (On Hit), Leap (R)
Stitches - Slam (W)
Tyrael - El'druin's Might (Q) (On sword landing), Angelic Flash (Q) (Teleport to sword), Judgment (R)
Uther - Hammer of Justic (E), Divine Storm (R)

Heroes with No Screen Shake
---------------------------
Valla
Tyrande
Lunara
Kael'thas
Zeratul
Cassia
Probius
Varian
Samuro
Zarya
Auriel
Gul'dan
Medivh
Chromie
Tracer
Dehaka
Xul
Li-Ming
Greymane
Gall
Artanis
Lt. Morales
Rexxar
Leoric
The Butcher
Johanna
Sylvanas
The Lost Vikings
Thrall
Jaina
Azmodan
Chen
Rehgar
Murky
Brightwing
Tychus
Abathur
Arthas
Illidan
Malfurion
Nazeebo
Nova
Raynor
Tassadar
The option to disable the shake obviously needs to be put into the game. Motion Sickness is common enough to justify it.

But why we are at it, my suggestion is to just remove the shake entirely. If you give players an option, every competitive player will immediately turn the shake off. This is literally a selection of "do you want a disadvantage? yes/no?", and in competitive game like HotS, doesn't make much sense.
Nice list of screen shake heroes! It is extremely annoying when using Zul'jin - Twin Cleave (W), it's very noticeable! Please blizzard, fix this. This stops me from playing some heroes.
Also want to add, buildings causes screen shakes too.
Playing this game makes me sick. I played a bunch of cool heroes like kerrigan, valeera, and diablo and when combined with killing buildings. I literally threw up on the floor i was so nauseated.
Is this a thing? I literally have no idea what everyone is talking about and I play a lot of these "screen shaking" heroes on the regular.
And now Genji's Swift Strike (E) has it too...

05/04/2017 04:55 PMPosted by RyanRad
Is this a thing? I literally have no idea what everyone is talking about and I play a lot of these "screen shaking" heroes on the regular.

Yeah it is, you probably don't notice it, but for some it's really obvious.
04/17/2017 07:10 AMPosted by Phoenix
They serve absolutely no purpose to the game, other than being annoying. They cause you to lose focus and nausea for some people

04/29/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Hatsoz
I experience motion sickness as well caused by the new screen shake

05/04/2017 02:34 PMPosted by fzero
Playing this game makes me sick. I played a bunch of cool heroes like kerrigan, valeera, and diablo and when combined with killing buildings. I literally threw up on the floor i was so nauseated.

05/04/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Phoenix

Yeah it is, you probably don't notice it, but for some it's really obvious.

It may be obvious, but I absolutely refuse to believe that you guys get motion sick only because of the new 'shake'.

I don't believe you. Proof or it didn't happen, you're a liar.
It's noticeable. Depending on how bad your motion sickness is, this might be a problem. I have motion sickness problems in games, too, mainly FOS games but the small shakes don't cause problems. Yet they should alliw to disable them.
I don't have motion sickness (and if you do, I'm surprised this is what gives you problems. My friend with severe motion sickness has no problems, but everybody is different). I never noticed this since 2.0.

However now that you've mentioned it I do notice it and it's driving me crazy. Thanks.
Damn must suck to really have this issue. Not the best gaming experience for you lads :( This could impact you people if you did ranked
Why is everyone in 2017 such a huge crybaby? Throwing up on the floor after using zuljin w? Rofl
Screen shake causing motion sickness is a widely accepted phenomenon within the game development community. There are great hour-long GDC talks on this exact subject for free on youtube if you want to learn more.
05/06/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Hatsoz
Screen shake causing motion sickness is a widely accepted phenomenon within the game development community. There are great hour-long GDC talks on this exact subject for free on youtube if you want to learn more.

There is a huge difference between an out of control car journey like camera with bad frame rate, and Heroes of the Storm having minor shaking from time to time.

Most of the shaking I do not even notice. In fact if you were to ask me to name a skill which caused the screen to shake I would not have been able to until I read this topic.

The only time I have felt vaguely motion sick is when using follow camera, a chase skill and then having my target blocked or launched resulting in a 1-2 second high speed erratic chase down of them. Using Fend on a target that has been Hay Makered across the Battle Field or Entombed in with follow camera enabled is not a fun experience, even if the outcome is in your favour game play wise.