Nexus 2.0 Events: Why Force PvP Down Our Throats?

General Discussion
So I'm struggling to understand why you forced us for weeks 2, 3, and I'm going to presume 4's as well, to go into pvp games against other people. You've never done that for events before, and frankly? It sucks. My friends and I prefer friendly co-op, and we never go up against other people. It's not our thing.

If you like playing against other people? More power to you. Glad you enjoy it. But don't force those of us who don't like or want to play that game mode to do so in the future. Those of us who don't like pvp aren't enjoying this, it's a grueling chore that we have to get through to get the event rewards. When it feels like a chore and not like fun? You've screwed up.
Look... I play almost entirely AI except when I play with friends but I can understand them wanting to push people into non-AI matches as it's the whole point of this game. As much as I'd like the ten loot crates I decided it's not worth me putting up with randoms in QM/unranked/HL. It is what its, bro.
I also prefer co-op vs AI. I also like not having to wait twenty minutes just to get one game since thats apparently the state of quick match.
The last event got exploited hard because instead of actually playing the game as it was intended, everyone just stomped beginner bots, got it done in a couple of hours and said "OMG HOTS IS SUCH A TRASH GAME" when they finished.
05/13/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Jozitor
The last event got exploited hard because instead of actually playing the game as it was intended, everyone just stomped beginner bots, got it done in a couple of hours and said "OMG HOTS IS SUCH A TRASH GAME" when they finished.

I'd rather them put in "AI matches must be set to X difficulty to qualify for the event quest" than have to suffer through more pvp games. :P
No one is forcing you to play. They're skins. They're just a cosmetic that doesn't effect anything, and they're a cosmetic everyone will have.
05/13/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Kortanis
So I'm struggling to understand why you forced us for weeks 2, 3, and I'm going to presume 4's as well, to go into pvp games against other people. You've never done that for events before, and frankly? It sucks. My friends and I prefer friendly co-op, and we never go up against other people. It's not our thing.

If you like playing against other people? More power to you. Glad you enjoy it. But don't force those of us who don't like or want to play that game mode to do so in the future. Those of us who don't like pvp aren't enjoying this, it's a grueling chore that we have to get through to get the event rewards. When it feels like a chore and not like fun? You've screwed up.

You're not forced. Just don't encourage the event if you don't like the method. Don't play it at all.
05/13/2017 08:12 PMPosted by sharf
No one is forcing you to play. They're skins. They're just a cosmetic that doesn't effect anything, and they're a cosmetic everyone will have.

05/13/2017 08:24 PMPosted by phaseshifter

You're not forced. Just don't encourage the event if you don't like the method. Don't play it at all.

Don't try and use logic. You'll get downvoted for speaking the truth.
It's not about you. It's about the people who by playing PvP will find that it's more fun than they thought it was and they actually enjoy the game and in turn stick around.
Good day.
I actually enjoyed those QM games I played for the Nexus Challenge. Luckily, I didn't really encounter too many players who tried to throw the game (knock on woods).
WHY FORCE PVP DOWN OUR THROATS?

PVP is the last thing anyone force down your throat.
Forcing PVP is unhealthy, people who don't care just go afk and throw games in order to get the rewards as fast as possible, which is cancer to the community.
05/13/2017 11:52 PMPosted by MortalWombat
WHY FORCE PVP DOWN OUR THROATS?

PVP is the last thing anyone force down your throat.
Yeah, I can think of a couple of other things that would come before that, heh naughty.
This event does NOT care about you if your already playing the game.

The point is to get NEW players
its not forced. just buy the officer Dva skin instead, or do without.
05/13/2017 07:50 PMPosted by Jozitor
everyone just stomped beginner bots, got it done in a couple of hours and said "OMG HOTS IS SUCH A TRASH GAME" when they finished.

One pump chumps? Err... few hour... chumps?

05/13/2017 08:02 PMPosted by Kortanis
I'd rather them put in "AI matches must be set to X difficulty to qualify for the event quest" than have to suffer through more pvp games. :P

Then don't play the game. If you're just looking for rewards for Overwatch suck it up and play then. You're not forced to get the rewards, nor are you forced to play Heroes of the Storm.
HotS is a PvP game. Going against AI is not a challenge. Probably why it's exempt from the Nexus Challenge.
It's for cosmetic items, no one is forcing you. Also, it's a pvp game. Bots is more for practice.
Argghhhh.....why do I have to pvp in a pvp game!?

Arghhhhh.....why doesn't Blizzard cater their events to outlier cases such as myself?

Arghhhhh.....why am I such a snowflake that I feel the need to let everyone know my entitled opinion on receiving free cosmetics that are by no way required to play either game?
I don't think ANY of the events should be completable vs. AI.... this is a MULTIPLAYER game. If you are looking to avoid multiplayer, this isn't the game for you.