Yeah the introduction of map rotations is going to make me quit

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
Someone tell me once it's gone because the multiple roster of maps is why i play HoTS and getting the same map multiple times is just really boring to me and makes me feel like i shOuld just go back to league
Highly Rated
I have Hanamura burn out hardcore right now.

[edited for language by Moderator]
Highly Rated
I honestly can't stand Braxis

Map rotations must include way more maps to be bearable.
it is 4 days away calm down then we go from 6 maps to 8 is that ok with you guys, I know 2 or 3 of the maps are the same ones that we have now but that is because blizz is doing some work on the other maps so they don't want them in the rotation right now.... just chill it will all be ok on tuesday
Highly Rated
Taking out maps for a while because they work on them is ok but the map rotation idea is bad. Giving players the ability to disable one (maybe 2) maps, at least for QM, would be a better solution imo.
05/12/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Caldyrvan
Taking out maps for a while because they work on them is ok but the map rotation idea is bad. Giving players the ability to disable one (maybe 2) maps, at least for QM, would be a better solution imo.

Thumbs up to that.

There are a couple maps I like less than others but even then I like the full map rotation (except black heart!!).

It makes me feel like every game is almost a completely different moba and keeps the gameplay interesting
Highly Rated
Hate the idea of a map rotation too.
I got infernal shrines 3 times in a row yesterday
Im not feeling the punishers right now
Not a fan of map roration either, I'm getting bored with em. I don't get mad about it though, I just play smite instead :p
If the map pool is big enough, a map rotation is fine. Make one with 12 maps and we're good.

One with 6 is trash.
It doesn't bother me as much as it does some, but seriously... if you don't see a potential issue with 6 maps being in fixed rotation for an entire month, you really need to get your head examined.
05/12/2017 09:19 AMPosted by McVade
It doesn't bother me as much as it does some, but seriously... if you don't see a potential issue with 6 maps being in fixed rotation for an entire month, you really need to get your head examined.

there are popular mobas that have literally had 1 map for 10 years and thousands upon thousands of people play them without complaint, you complainers are the problem not blizzard stop being so entitled and just play or quit. that simple
The only map rotation I'd support is one that has no two-lane maps. They have so much more snowball potential, although BoE is the least problematic, and tend to just not work for HotS for satisfying games.
It's really not a big deal. 7 maps is what the game launched with when it was lauded for its huge variety. They limit it for a few weeks to a similar number (6 and soon 8) and suddenly the sky is falling.

I don't think there's any evidence they are currently making any major changes to the maps that vocal people like to complain about (e.g., Blackheart, Garden, etc.)

05/12/2017 09:30 AMPosted by UGG
The only map rotation I'd support is one that has no two-lane maps. They have so much more snowball potential, although BoE is the least problematic, and tend to just not work for HotS for satisfying games.

Many people find them to be the best, so any rotation should have a variety to have something for everyone.
05/12/2017 09:24 AMPosted by PHOENIXFIRE
05/12/2017 09:19 AMPosted by McVade

there are popular mobas that have literally had 1 map for 10 years and thousands upon thousands of people play them without complaint, you complainers are the problem not blizzard stop being so entitled and just play or quit. that simple

Those mobas have a completely different game flow though, so each match can be dynamically different in terms of carry, jungle snowball, etc. For the most part the match is player driven rather than map driven in other mobas.

In a game where team levels remain static, little to no snowball potential, and everything is driven by map events, it's completely fair to get bored by a small map pool.

Again not something I'd get mad about, but it does get pretty boring. No reason to get all defensive about it either.