I think people are too stupid for this game

General Discussion
Because people "would rather play like a hero than a #!!*@###!."(somebody actually typed this).

A good morales will bait you. She knows you want to dive her. Her team knows you want to dive her and while you dive there assassins pick you apart.
It only works if we all do it.
05/28/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Rilos
Then there are people who refuse to learn the basics of the game and just wing it.

This is where I blame the programmers, brain stormers, developers, chat admins, forum admins, head team managers and generally all employees related to operating this game.

Why?

Because while they may have "attempted" to adopt a "tutorial" for the game, it's just really ineffective. Newbies or even hero newbies that get started with this game either don't have the obvious resources to interact with in order to learn how to play the game well OR they're the usual/typical impatient moron that jumps into a player-based match thinking that A.I. is beneath them. I digress, A.I. matches are more difficult than people realize. Not saying they're balls to the wall hard. I'm saying they're fulfilling as far as having a fun match, challenging match. In fact, A.I. teammates are occasionally more intelligent than players about points of interest on maps (like taking camps at opportune times, focusing a singular hero in a team fight, pushing an advantageous lane, etc).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: HotS employees somewhere need to take a cue from how devs at Smite TEACH their player-base through dashboard videos. Everything on how to play the game, what's important during a match, what defines a role and what mistakes to avoid in order of costing the entire team the match.

It really just boils down to knowledge and HotS employees expect the player base to be the teacher of a game they're only participating in, NOT CREATING....
Free to play games draw kids, kids these day are brainwashed into pure stupid. Liberalism is cancer.
This game was insanely easy to learn. Instead of looking at it like a normal MOBA like LoL or Dota 2 i view this game more like a Battleground from WoW where you need to focus on objectives and make sure you kill the healer first. Yet this game is still full of people who have no idea what to do but that is expected for a F2P game. Every F2P game i have played is full of idiot players. The problem is that with most F2P games i can carry but in HOTS everyone needs to pull their weight. There is only so much you can do when you have a team mate who never helps in team fights or help take the objective.
This is known as the fundamental attribution error. You see someone do something stupid or rude and assume this one action represents who they are all the time.

Being bad at HOTS does not equal stupidity. Most of the time stupid actions are due to mental laziness.

They could take the time and mental effort to learn and grow as a player, but they don't want to.

They could be intelligent outside the game, but view a game, even a PvP competitive one, merely as a way to unwind, and they don't find it fun trying to get better.

Also, it's hubris. Many players would rather believe they are making good decisions all the time, and when their poor choices go badly, they blame external forces to protect their fragile egos. Just look at all the people claiming to be stuck in Bronze because the enemy team never gets bad teammates, only they get bad teammates.
05/28/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Trenix
Free to play games draw kids, kids these day are brainwashed into pure stupid. Liberalism is cancer.

Participant trophy winners usually believe they're great at just about everything they do.
Okay, this is a necro where I think the original topic is still 100% relevant.

The level of ignorance, viciousness, and sheer stupidity shown by HotS players is eye opening.
I saw Fenix use purification salvo on a bruiser camp on cursed hollow and it wasn't by accident, because after that he wrote - this ultimate is bugged.

This was plat HL btw.
05/28/2017 07:44 AMPosted by GreenSword
05/28/2017 06:14 AMPosted by Ninestyle
Being on the internet really opens your eyes at how stupid people are.

I mean, if Morales is on the enemy team, why are you all attacking the person she is healing? Why aren't you attacking her?

Why aren't you taking camps?

Why can't you see the Murky taking down the fort?

Why are you trying to teamfight 2-3 levels down.... over the objective that they already captured?

Humanity is doomed.

People can't play videogame properly=doomed humanity

So would people not knowing how to play football equal a doomed humanity?

If he NFL would let me play football with Professional football players its the NFL's fault for putting out a poor product.
The old "Focus Morales" meme. It doesn't work because most times you can't dive in that deep to hit Morales without dying as an assassin. That's why you need a bruiser/ 2nd melee frontline to flank or dive while your tank peels. That allows the assassins to follow the diver and get damage on Morales. Usually it's too dangerous to flank as an assassin unless you have some sort of escape tool like Zeratul, Genji, Tracer, etc.
08/27/2018 08:32 AMPosted by ilke
I saw Fenix use purification salvo on a bruiser camp on cursed hollow and it wasn't by accident, because after that he wrote - this ultimate is bugged.

This was plat HL btw.

CIP. TY.
05/28/2017 07:34 AMPosted by Larsozzo
Better blame matchmaking instead, cause they are doing nothing wrong, it's blizzard that plots against them.

/sarcasm off

All you write is what people actually should learn to even have a chance to win a match.. Too bad a glimpse to the other threads on the forum will make you notice how blind people are, unable to see where to improve or simply what to understand, just to improve and have better chances to win, they just limit in watching what others do, not what they could do better.

Most people have no map awareness, don't know what soaking is, don't know when is better to not fight and just clean lanes, don't even know how to lane swap against an enemy that counters badly your early game laning..

yes u do blame matchmaking. these are bronze level players and they aren't in the right rank
We used too much money on charity instead of space battles.
It is the most retarded playerbase hands down. I never knew what retarded meant in any game I have played until i was introduced to HotS
Are we too stupid for HotS? Or is HotS too stupid for us? Or are we so stupid that we're too smart?
It makes LoL's playerbase look smart, that's how bad most people in HotS are.
I'm very bad with Valeera so i tried yesterday vs AI elite. Oh my god i think i get 4 stupidest teammates ever. We played valskaya and enemy is there on objective with 4 heroes. I got on spot in shadow and was standing still invisible to AI. So objective is contested. AI is stupid and can not detect me. I wrote my team go soak, push forts, I can hold this forever and binding 3-4 enemy heroes. But no, my teammates coming one by one trying to ''help me'' and get killed. And this !@#$ repeats 3 objective in row. Finally they get smarter on 4th. Do I have to say that we were 2 levels behind, and that if I did not pulled out this tactic, that will AI kicked our %^- so bad...thankfully we have won, since i drove the machine direct to the core...

Like someone said, space and human stupidity is endless
08/27/2018 08:32 AMPosted by ilke

This was plat HL btw.

God, I kind of want to die after reading this. :|
05/28/2017 06:14 AMPosted by Ninestyle
Being on the internet really opens your eyes at how stupid people are.

I mean, if Morales is on the enemy team, why are you all attacking the person she is healing? Why aren't you attacking her?

Why aren't you taking camps?

Why can't you see the Murky taking down the fort?

Why are you trying to teamfight 2-3 levels down.... over the objective that they already captured?

Humanity is doomed.
I think you have to blame the fact the game it's self doesn't properly educate players as they are playing the game. when was the last time blizzard improved training mode ? because it would be nice if it actually teach you these things and another issue is the fact that players don't want to educate each other even in QM. Would be nice to talk to people even in QM and I mean as in have a goof conversation instead of the game being nothing but silence. Don't know what happen but this games community is just terrible now and blizzard doesn't really do anything to convince the community to do better.

Blizzard needs to keep improving training mode and other modes in terms of teaching people how to play the game. QM they need to fix the team comp making one tank, one healer, and one range damage dealer and the other two slots can be flex. The game is balanced and designed around draft so they need to balance the most popular modes by it also not to mention QM is not even fun the majority of games.
On valkaya I had a kt choose pyro blast, which is already not the best ult for that map, but 4 of the 5 enemy heroes could easily negate that damage eg. Maiev, genji, varian.