Thank you for adding an anti-deathball hero

General Discussion
I used to !@#$ on this game so much, but now I can't stop loving it. These devs are the most aware devs in the entire company that is Activision-Blizzard. WoW devs need to take a page from these guys.

I can't wait to see how this game will turn out in another 2 years. As a former DotA addict, I am very excited about the future prospects of my new addiction.
I'll take "Who is Gazlowe?" for $500, Alex.
Wait who is this anti death ball hero you're talking about? I struggle with death balls in QM...
I believe it is the new hero coming out.
06/08/2017 09:32 PMPosted by M3kk
Wait who is this anti death ball hero you're talking about? I struggle with death balls in QM...
Jaina, Kael'thas, Johanna, Gazlowe, Cassia, ETC, Ragnaros, Medivh, Gul'dan, Falstad, Sonya . . . and the OP was probably talking about Malthael.
What is a deathball?
06/08/2017 09:42 PMPosted by Amelaclya
What is a deathball?
Go watch Indiana Jones.
What is a deathball?
Where a team drafts and groups as one, so that they just rotate and mow down lanes/heroes.
06/08/2017 09:47 PMPosted by Monkeyman
What is a deathball?
Where a team drafts and groups as one, so that they just rotate and mow down lanes/heroes.

Cheers. Never heard that term before.
Malthael is as anti-deathball as any other hero with AoE, if that's who you mean. Playing as 5 will always be prominent in this game (after the short laning phase) because that's how it works.
06/08/2017 09:42 PMPosted by PlatinumPOS
06/08/2017 09:32 PMPosted by M3kk
Jaina, Kael'thas, Johanna, Gazlowe, Cassia, ETC, Ragnaros, Medivh, Gul'dan, Falstad, Sonya . . . and the OP was probably talking about Malthael.

I definitely agree with Jaina and Kael but I single que a lot and Kael typically needs special people to help him. I struggle when single que as him.

Unfortunately I don't like any of those other heroes (except Guldan) and Falstad doesn't feel that good against death balls (unless I'm playing him wrong. I can never get in close enough range to blow up anyone without dying). And Sonya is dangerous to bring to QM seeing as how her whirlwind gets shut down and then she's done for. So a deathball situation but. Seems meh for her.

Maybe could someone give a bit more detailed tips on how to split up or kill a deathball?
06/08/2017 09:59 PMPosted by M3kk

Maybe could someone give a bit more detailed tips on how to split up or kill a deathball?

Typically, fighting outnumbered in general is a bad idea -- I know this is basic info, but bear with me -- so while you're expected to lose such a fight, there's a couple cases where it's not wrong.

You either need to have the capacity to outrange or 'poke' in a fashion where people can't retaliate, or pick someone who you can trade 1-for-1 or better without costing your team, since if you're behind you'll earn bonus EXP even if you trade even.

Chromie is the easiest way to do this since everything she has far outranges opponents. She does have to run before things go south, nor can she actually chase kills, but she does have the option of dealing with opponents without putting herself in danger.

When against a deathball, the goal is to pressure and damage, not kill. If you're getting hit, you're dead.
I thought D.Va is the anti-Deathball hero. Her Q can disband a close-formation team and detonation can force the enemies to break rank and flee.
I think the OP was thinking about admiral Kunkka and his ship. We could use him in HotS. Deathballs in HotS are a real thing (small maps, mounts) and can be quite difficult to break.
But is this anti deathball hero elegant in your term though?
(You know, considering your name is tallgeese)
06/08/2017 10:47 PMPosted by Solaris
I thought D.Va is the anti-Deathball hero. Her Q can disband a close-formation team and detonation can force the enemies to break rank and flee.
Exactly my impression too. She is also the safest one of the bunch imo.
How is Mal anti death ball? He can't out heal a death ball.